Resource icon

Cultural Diversity

Does this mod remove the old soundtracks?

CulDiv's setting to disable the vanilla soundtracks is enabled by default, it can be disabled if you aren't using the soundtrack mod.

The soundtrack is the main component I want from this mod.

I decided to test out the soundtrack with audio device on the firetuner. I only enabled CD core, the soundtrack and music changer for mods.
The first track is always the default sound, If I change the track the diversity tracks start playing.

Is this how the mod is intended to work?

The soundtrack is the main component I want from this mod.

I decided to test out the soundtrack with audio device on the firetuner. I only enabled CD core, the soundtrack and music changer for mods.
The first track is always the default sound, If I change the track the diversity tracks start playing.

Is this how the mod is intended to work?

The first track that will play when the game starts will be the Civ's Peace theme, so if that's what you're referring to then yes it's working correctly.

Alright, so I'm pretty sure the mod's not working for me! I'm playing Vox Populi & CD Core + Soundtrack component.

Iroquois and I'm hearing only vanilla songs. And what's weird is that I'm pretty sure they're the vanilla songs from the Middle East & Africa cultures, even though I'm playing the Iroquois

https://imgur.com/a/1Yd72IZ

Edit: I'm noticing that some songs from the soundtrack actually are mixing in with the original one, but every civilization I play is adopting the ME & Africa soundtrack set. Anyone else having this problem? (also I should say that all the unit dialogue IS working perfectly [and it's bloody wonderful to have] as well as the New Era splashes)

Last edited:
I also have the same problem as in the above post. All civilizations default to the Middle-East soundtrack, which is a pain because the soundtrack is my favorite part of the mod.

On a sidenote, I think it'd be a good idea to remove the starting bonuses text if the starting bonuses no longer exist or are not enabled by default. It's very confusing that the game tells you about Civ starting bonuses but they don't actually do anything.

Yes, that immediately fixed the issue and Latin music played for Brazil.

Of course, I really don't want to give up Vox Populi just for the soundtrack... is there any solution to this?

Wait a minute! Are you just using the standalone Cultural Diversity or the one that is included in JFDLC? JFD has stated many times that most of his mods just need CP, but he did give some support for VP. Also his mods are not really compatible with EUI. Have you checked out his gameplay and content mods. He has basically stop support for JFDLC. He has released standlaone mods that include features from JFDLC. They are in his collection called Rise to Power. Yes, he has reclaimed the name for his gameplay/content mods.

Last edited:
I'm very confused now? I'm using the one linked in the first post in this thread, in the Google Drive under the JFDLC Folder. Is that not the correct one? Is there another one I should have downloaded instead?

Since you are using VP, you will encounter issues. I do not believe there is someone who has a solution. I know there are some moders who are creating VP versions of JFD's civilizations.

It's actually not VP. I tried loading only VP (with all modules) and Cultural Diversity together (no other mods) and the soundtrack seems to consistently work. After a lot of testing, I was able to narrow down the real cause to one or both of two mods: Leugi's Israel for VP and The Timurids (4C) for VP. With those mods disabled, the soundtrack works again.

Cultural Diversity updated to v18
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2365043248

--Cultural Diversity has now been compartmentalized ala Rise to Power and Rule with Faith, see the Steam Workshop collection above. This collection will remain unlisted, but the link the OP will lead you to it.
--Carthage is now Levantine, Sweden is now Northern with Western music, Spain is now Southern, Morocco is now Saharan.
--A few cultures have been renamed to fit the general geographic naming scheme: Islamic to Mid-Eastern, Semitic to Levantine, Katuje to Amazonian, and Oriental to Far Eastern. Mods can support either the original or the new.
--Iranian has been reverted back to sub-culture status, of Mesopotamic.
--East African has been added as a new Culture, with Ethiopian becoming a subculture of that.
--Turkic subculture has become Ottoman.
--Added distinct Turkic subculture of Steppe, intended for likes of Kazakhs, Uzbeks, etc.
--Added American subculture of Colonial.
--Added Burmese unit dialogue.
--Replaced a few Southern splashes to not focus so much on Venice.
--Added distinct Celtic Atomic splash.
--Added missing Defeat splash screens, including for each subculture. Removed Civilization-specific defeat splashes.
--Added distinct splashes for Colonial (where overlapped with Western).
--Starting bonuses changes: Manadala now starts with visibility of nearby City-States, Classical now starts with Dye, Southern now starts with Wine, Northern now starts with Warrior + Amphibious for starting units.

Soundtrack update TBD.

--Iranian has been reverted back to sub-culture status, of Mesopotamic.

We've been sussed out lads dw we had a good run :salute[FAMILY_FRIENDLY_FORUM]:

I was surprised to see this on Steam yesterday. Exactly I have been away for about a year. I like the starting bonuses.

P.S. I am assuming the soundtrack will not be on Steam because of the size of the files. I mean when it is updated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom