Culture

I added culture to the opera house before, but people didn't like it because it was harder to get tourism victories.

You could remove one base culture point from the Theater (so that it becomes +1 culture, +1 culture from dyes/cotton/furs/silk) and add it to the Opera House (so that it becomes +2 culture).

I think the best way to help tall empires get tourism is put 2 GW slots and a theme bonus on each national wonder. Giving tall empires more policies won't directly help them get tourism... there's not many tourism policies.

I'm not sure if tall empires need help with regard to tourism, but adding GW slots to some of the national wonders would be a sound way to buff tourism. The National College could receive 1 writing slot, and the Grand Temple 1 or 2 art/artifact slots.

I think that Culture is all ready too large. If a civ goes all out culture there is no stopping them.

I am still playing vanilla, but almost every game that I play, (Large, continents plus, King, Epic), I try for a culture victory first. Usually by the time the game is coming to an end I wind up with another type of victory rearing it's ugly head and I will swap to that.

Every time I have played for a culture victory there is always at least two civs that are culture heavy and there is no way without conquering them to put them out of the game before the time expires.

So the few times I have won Culture victories it was a combination of conquering and culture.

I am taking another approach this time around with Pedro, trying to win peacefully but it all ready looks like I am losing the Tourism game. Evryone has it but me.

Top Bottom