Current avatar choices are the worst

Nice pic FezMonk but where does an Asian chick get those? :rolleyes: ;)

If this happens, MATRIX has to help me!!!! Hook me up with my smug jay leno smiley as I am technologically inadequate, please... And if the posts requirement is 100 and I am PC Reducted... :eek: Will the whole system will shut down?

Yah, Gonzo, what the hell's goin on here? You bum TF, don't do it!!! Willpower!!! Get some dang it!!! Ban em all! :D :confused:

BTW, 80x80 and 4kb is way way too big.... 60x60 (max!) is all that is necessary for an avatar. Maybe 2.5 or 3K for filesize.

The function of an avatar is to help identify a post, not to intrude to slow surfing, esp. overseas connection and/or dial up. For art (anything bigger than 60^2) instead of icons that people want others to see, post to an OT thread, and if people wanna go see it, they will ;).

Also, the avatar change frequency should be limited to once... for similar reasons that you can't change your username at will. Naturally, a change would be allowed when a poster reaches the threshhold for a custom avatar. In other words, choose a compliant avatar (proper size, etc.) and stick with it.

(maybe yearly changes would be OK.... if a BBS hack can set such parameters; if not, maybe a "window" of say 2 weeks in Januaries where the master setting could allow all posters to change Avatars again).

Starlifter is much wiser and older than me, and I sense wisdom in his post above...
(Sound's corny, but fits my feelings right now :floppa21: )

Originally posted by starlifter

Also, the avatar change frequency should be limited to once...

I definitely agree here...

(Sound's corny, but fits my feelings right now :floppa21: ) WHAT??? :confused:

That 100 posts/100 days is a good idea, TF!
It looks like the custom avatar feature only depends on postcounts, unlike the custom title feature. :( I guess we can make the requirement to be 300 posts instead (if we allow custom avatars).

Floppa & Starlifter: There is no way to limit the frequency of avatar changes.

Originally posted by Juize
TF, I would bet 10 000 $ that your avatar is stolen from Shi Huangdi.
Shut up, Juize! I got it from a Civ2 scenario. You may want to right click on his and my avatars to check the image dimension. Chance is they are different because I cropped the dragon from the units.gif myself.

Does the custom avatar post count limit prevent you setting up a custom avatar, or changing one?

If the latter, you could always perma-reduce everyones postcount below 300 once they get their custom avatar (to prevent them changing it).

That would actually be quite interesting to watch!

Originally posted by ainwood
Does the custom avatar post count limit prevent you setting up a custom avatar, or changing one?

If the latter, you could always perma-reduce everyones postcount below 300 once they get their custom avatar (to prevent them changing it).

That would actually be quite interesting to watch!

Floppa would like it.

Yes!! Thanks a lot, TF! (Even though I already did that through ICQ. ;))

Well, here's for the good old days. ;) Reason I also chose it is because I am yet undefeated with Doom. :D

Matrix, you gonna hook me up there in another 70+ posts? :)

Hmmm. The B5 shield doesn't look so good. I don't have time to mess with it right now, but I will probably change it when I have time.

BTW, Thanks TF! :goodjob:

Edit: forget it. It sucked. Back to the old for now.

:cry: Spy changed her sig??? :cry: My army has dropped to three... Or is it two? :cry:

Dang TF! So like, if I started a thread in OT called SPAM and spammed it up to get my pc up to 300, would you wait to ban me and reduce my PC until AFTER I set up my custom avatar with Matrix? :) Or would AOA and Lefty swoop down on me? They'd delete my posts as I made them so my PC wouldn't go up I bet...

Very interesting spy ;) . Hmm TF changed his avatar again. Is that twice in the same day :) . And floppa, I am still a member of your army :D .

Top Bottom