1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Current Status + Future Updates

Discussion in 'Civ4 - World 2009 Mod' started by NikNaks, May 11, 2008.

1. Joecoolyo

Joecoolyo 99% Lightspeed

Welcome aboard veBear :beer:

2. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

When it comes to the norwegian civilization, i guess you used theyr flag and not the norwegian lion, and i (as a norwegian) would love to see the norwegian lion instead of the flag. If you are interested i will load up a tested and finished norwegian lion (from norway's coat of arms) for you inn DDS DXT 3 format :p

veBear

3. NikNaks

NikNaks Chieftain

We're going to use the real flags for all the nations we've included, so I'm pretty sure it's going to be a no to the lion, I'm afraid. However, you're free to add it in to your own local version when we've finished. :goodjob:

4. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

Thats OK for me, maybe we could make it as a possible add on later, so if people want the coat of arms, they could change it themself pretty easy :)
    And we could add more add ons to, think about it, the World 2009 mod, the only mod where people with no modding abilities could themself deside how the game art should be :goodjob:
    Hope you liked the idea :)

5. NikNaks

NikNaks Chieftain

Absolutely. Once we've really nailed everything else, we could have shields or coats of arms for all the civs. :)

6. Eirik Blodøks

Eirik Blodøks Chieftain

But I thought Norway had been included in the Nato civ? How does this civ work anyway? And I guess USA has been made a vassal of NATO? And what about UK? They are today an important part of EU, while the other countries of the NATO civ are not (though both Norway, Switzerland, Lichtenstein and Iceland are members of the EFTA, allowing them to participate in the European single market without joining the EU), so how should we best give UK influence in EU defence politics etc? The best would perhaps be to introduce an alliance system to the game, but this would require a lot of work and modding.

7. Adhesive86

Adhesive86 Chieftain

Check out the 'final civ list' thread.

NATO has been scrapped. US is independent, as is the UK and Norway is joined with Denmark and Iceland in a 'Nordic' civ. The rest of EU is one civ, apart from Sweden which is Neutral.

There are starting defensive pacts to illustrate NATO ties for US-Canada- EU-UK-Nordic etc.

Note the civ list is now final after much discussion. Rationale for the EU makeup is in the FAQs.

8. NikNaks

NikNaks Chieftain

Welcome to CFC!

This has been discussed at length in this thread.

9. ianinsane

ianinsane Chieftain

A friend of mine is gonna join us here. He's currently thinking of some future World Wonders. I'm very curious what he'll come up with! :)

10. MasterOfDomain

MasterOfDomain Chieftain

Sorry I haven't been active much recently, coursework has absolutely dominated every part of the past few weeks. Nice to see some new blood in veBear. Cheers.

11. Mattygerst

Mattygerst Chieftain

So...where you all at with this project? Not much posted here the last few days?...

Anything - drastic - holding everything back?...

12. Joecoolyo

Joecoolyo 99% Lightspeed

Schoolwork for a lot of us, since the new semester began things have started to wind down for the moment... hopefully by Spring Break a lot of us should have more time on our hands to tackle the last bits of this mod and get it released!

13. sheep21

sheep21 Chieftain

I have got abit lax in the last few weeks :sad: Will attempt to attack the spreadsheet work again in the next few days.

sorry guys.

14. sandman730

sandman730 (:^))(::::)( )

I've been pretty busy lately and therefore not able to do much.

15. DVS

DVS El Presidente

NikNaks and I are trying to resolve the problems that stem from the most recent WoC update. This is holding us up.

16. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

I was on holiday for the last 10 days and now I am back. I will continue working on placing improvements, roads, railways and etc for the scenario.

17. Mattygerst

Mattygerst Chieftain

Haven't heard much from you guys in a while...

Whats the current status? What are the bugs being worked out (are they able to be worked out)?

Any new guesses on ETA?...

18. NikNaks

NikNaks Chieftain

We've resolved the major bug that was preventing a start-up, so if you want to test for other bugs, please go right ahead!

19. ianinsane

ianinsane Chieftain

OK, I uploaded Ideology graphics and xml. Sorry for the crappy buttons. I don't know what happened to my masters. I'll redo them as soon as I have time.

20. NikNaks

NikNaks Chieftain

I've fiddled with the ones in the GameFont and they look a little better now. I'll upload them ASAP.