Custom Advanced Setup Screen (and HotSeat with Mods)

I am not getting the written announcement of GW's being built - just the aural cue.

I am also occasionally having civilian units moving extra spaces when given two turns' worth of orders.

Finally tried this mod with VEM - it's great fun, thank you!:D

The only bug I've encountered thus far is that the tech drop-down menu (if you click the big tech circle in the upper left) doesn't refresh between players. This essentially lets each player know exactly what tech the other has - I'm not playing competitively, but you will understand the problem would be a big issue for people who are.

looks like some vanilla hotseat bugs (see here)

maybe some can be corrected via modding, I'll try.

I can make trades with the other hotseat player, but cannot access the leader screen, so cannot propose being Friends, making war, etc.

Also, now that VEM includes whoward69's Trading utiity, CS-acquired luxuries register as mine, although I cannot trade them.

Finally, there' an anomaly where Player 2 has 2 links to Player 1 on whoward69's trading utility.

I agree, no denoucements, DoFs and lack of actual screen (even if it's just the way it's done in MP) is a bit disappointing.

But you can technically agree to gang on a single enemy by using the "Make War on" option when dealing, I believe.

I've been trying to re-enable mods for lan games (as seen in the thread on page one) - but like you, without success. The singleplayer mod lua codes are very different to the multiplayer start ones. I've tried putting the enable mod line in various places but it just seems to start a normal multiplayer match. Do you have any other ideas why the hotseat mod works but LAN doesnt?

Thanks for your work on this advanced setup screen.
Adi

The single and multiplayer engines can handle the hotseat mod, but the multiplayer engine deactivate all mods when it's called (whether or not it can handle them is another question, it just disabled them immediatly when launched, and it's not by using one of the UI lua function)

ah ok. I'll stop hunting through the files then looking for a solution. thanks for getting back to me.

I'm bit disappointed that I can't actually play any of the DLC scenarios (well, primarily those that use pre-determined maps) Which is VERY disappointg, I wanted to play the 1066 but there's no way to play the map (even copying the map from the DLC folder to the Maps folder didn't do it)

I can't seem to get this to work, I go to mods, check that I want advanced setup, hit next, chose single player, then custom game, and finally advanced setup, but I don't get the ability to change the ai's to human, the second option just isn't there.

which version of the mod and which version of civilization are you using ?

I've updated the mod (v.5) to steam workshop btw.

The first player is always human, there is no option on that line, I suppose it's not the problem here, but I had to point it.

Forgot the customary thread necromancy stuff, anyways it was just the version here, the steam one worked perfectly for me.

Hey, I have 2 questions, hope they were not answered yet :)

1. How can I randomize?

2. How can I use custom scenarios and maps with fixed start locations.

2b. I downloaded shuffle plus mod but I can't see it, when the mod is activated, so I copied the mapscript in the mapfolder and now it works, is it the same for custom game with fixed start positions?

If this works, you could play mongolian scenario or any other in MP hotseat:eek:

Does anyone tried it with GMR yet ?

About scenarios, you can't use them with it (same for custom maps), it would require a separate custom menu for each of those I think. Or some works for a global hotseat scenario menu, and I lack time to start coding something that may not be possible to do.

Does anyone tried it with GMR yet ?

I would try a game with you. At least loading works, but I think, the system is not yet ready, because when ended my turn, I was in my next turn directly without switching to the menu, maybe it's because the other player left the game... but hey let's try, that sounds like fun ;-)

Playtesting your mods in MP HotSeat with GMR :)

This looks to be exactly what I was looking for; but does this only work for hotseat games? Can't I just host a game and be in it over LAN with my friend as we always do, and immediately play after every turn is ended?

Top Bottom