Custom Leaderhead Development Thread

Update on Boudica:

Most normal maps done (this is the lower poly mesh with NMs applied). Just need to do the torc, hairband, and her skin (normal map and specular map). And sort the hair out. Then I'll skin it and do an in-game test :)

Attachments

• Boudica4.jpg
    Boudica4.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 10,221
Great job! I love the detail, especially on the fabric.

Is it just me or the left boob(her right) seems to hang a bit lower than the right? Besides that she looks great :D

Now we need to get a female Gaelic speaker...

Is it just me or the left boob(her right) seems to hang a bit lower than the right? Besides that she looks great :D

Better question is: why are you looking?

:p

I predict many wars with Boudica in the future.

Now we need to get a female Gaelic speaker...

I agree. While I oppose adding voices or dialogue to custom leaderheads, having them speak different languages that we can't normally understand would be better than having them speak English.

:lol: good to know. I'd conquer that.

On a more serious note, awesome work and I do agree with the sound. Just another thing to make it look just like the vanilla leaders.

I could write the lines and theoretically speak them, but I qualify as neither Gaelic or female. My friend is in Ireland, but that would also be extremely awkward to ask him to ask random Irish women to speak random lines in Gaelic.

But a few basic words/phrases:
Spoiler Long and contains a few Irish insults :

[se] - yes
[emmon] - no
[nane] - good
[saʒi] - speak

Pog Ma thoin (Pog ma hone) - Kiss My Ass (would work well as an "angry no" sound)
Tiocfaidh ár lá (tyuck yer la) - Our Day Will Come (I know it has IRA connections, but it would work perfectly as the defeat speech. While other leaders concede defeat, she could be defiant until the end).
Go hifreann leat (guh hiff-irr-in lat) - The hell with you
Ta me i gcruachais (tah may ih grew-kuss) - I need your help

Dia dhuit. Boudica is ainm dom, cead mile failte romhat! (Dee-a dwitt. Boudica is an-um dom, kade meela fall-cheh row-itt) - God be with you (hello). Boudica is my name, one hundred thousand welcomes

i just wanted to say that this is an amazing job that u guys are doing!!! :D

im loving the progress

She was a Briton. While they weren't the Gaul that Caesar fought, they spoke a similar language and had a common culture. Afterall, Caesar invaded Britain (leaving aside glory and fame) because the Druids there were supporting rebellions in Gaul.

So, no, the Iceni did not speak modern Gaelic, but they do share a similar cultural root.

Plus, in Civ5, Wu Zeitian speaks modern Mandarin instead of Middle Chinese, Ramses speaks Egyptian Arabic instead of Coptic or actual Ancient Egyptian, and so forth. The important thing is to get something that 'sounds' authentic and appropriate for the atmosphere, even if it's not.

Top Bottom