Custom Sounds?

GravityGames

Chieftain
Hello, I'm been trying to get custom speech sounds to work, I've copied the XML defines from a vanilla sponsor and then changed the names to fit, and as far as I know, I've referenced it in all the right places, and reload sound system is true. I also checked a Civ 5 mod with custom speeches to see if I was on the right track, and AFAIK I'm not missing anything, unless the sponsor not being 3d has anything to do with it (could've sworn the vanilla sponsors still had speech in 2d if no modded sponsors without speech were loaded...).

Here's what I've done so far:

Custom audio defines, VFS import is true
Custom audio 2D scripts, VFS import is true
Custom triggers file, VFS import is true
Custom leader scene, VFS import is true
Custom mesh reference (not sure what to call it, the Level1_Affinity_LeaderName.fxsxml file), VFS import is true
The speech file itself, I've tried both .mp3 and .ogg, currently using .mp3, VFS import is true.

If there's anything else that might be the problem, lemme know. I'm going to tinker with it a bit before going to bed to see if I can get it working.

Alright, weirdness apparently has been going on. I decided to open the .modinfo in notepad, and the ReloadAudioSystem tag was not in the file, despite the box for it being checked in Modbuddy. When I added this it did not work for the new sponsor. HOWEVER, I also replaced Koslov's intro speech, just to make sure that it wasn't something wrong with defining the file, and sure enough, the one that replaced Koslov's intro worked. I'll keep looking, and reload my project in Modbuddy. I'm legit not sure if the ReloadAudioSystem not being added is on my end or not.

Hopefully you've figured this out already over the weekend, but in case you or someone else is having this problem:

Do not set your XML files to VFS=true, instead use OnModActivated > UpdateDatabase in the Actions tab of your mod properties (except the leader scene; that one uses VFS instead, since it's referenced directly in the database).

See the tutorial for Civ5.

Sorry to bump this, but I've figured out how to at least get custom music into Civ V (likely the same or similar for Beyond Earth), but I'm having a major issue. The music works fine when it's a .mp3 file, but it won't load when the .mp3 is swapped out for a .ogg. Any ideas why it might not be working? I prefer to use .oggs because they're typically smaller, and there's not the thread of royalties on .ogg files...

Top Bottom