CYOA - Adventures in the Sunshine Wasteland (BOTWAWKI 4)

3. East

North by Northeast

East

3. East

Charlotte Blackburn
Strength: 5
Perception: 8
Endurance: 4
Charisma: 4
Intelligence: 9
Agility: 4
Luck: 5
Primary Weapon: Crossbow (20 Bolts)
Secondary Weapon: None
Explosives: 5 Molotov Cocktails
Armor: Vault 404 Suit
Gear: 9 Days' Rations, 1 Bottle of Vault 404 Whiskey

October 24, 2162 1000 Hour

Tromping through the wasteland is no easy business. You're heading into the area around Lake Kissimmee, a body of water thankfully free of mirelurks. You spend one night camped in a forest, and sleep in a large tree split by lightning in such a manner that it almost creates a fully enclosed structure. The next morning, as you are heading near the ruins of Whittier, you hear a man screaming for his life. As you exit the bushes you see an oddly uniformed and injured man stuck in a tree, cornered by a half-decayed boar, a peculiar rifle at the base of the tree. The creature hears you coming (Agility Check Failed) and turns toward you.

1. Fight the boar! (Perception Check)
2. Run for it! (Agility Check)

Charlotte Blackburn
Strength: 5
Explosives: 4 Molotov Cocktails
Gear: 9 Days' Rations, 1 Bottle of Vault 404 Whiskey

October 24, 2162 1030 Hours

It doesn't take long for the boar to charge you, but with quick thinking, you pull out a molotov cocktail and light it up. The glass cracks upon the boar and it quickly dies, catching flame and falling even more apart. With his tormentor dead, the man jumps down from the tree and picks up his fallen weapon. He wears an unusual dark blue uniform with a faded patch on a shoulder depicting a flag that you do not recognize. He turns to you and says, "Good morning, my name is Richard Landry. I am a scout with the Hermetic Order of the Drowned Temple to the east. My party and I were tasked to leave the harbour and explore into the interior. The rest of the scouts were killed by these vicious bovine abominations, but in the name of the Dame, I must complete my mission. Would you care to join me my good lady? We were headed up this ancient byway to the ruins of Kissimmee."

1. Join Richard Landry in journey to the northwest up the Turnpike.
2. Continue East.
3. Head out in another direction (Specify).

Charlotte Blackburn
Strength: 5 (+1)
Explosives: 4 Molotov Cocktails
Gear: 7 Days' Rations, 1 Bottle of Vault 404 Whiskey

Richard Landry
Mood: Good
Personality: Irritable
Bonus: +1 Strength
Gear: Royal Navy Uniform, Laser Rifle (5 Batteries Remaining)

October 26, 2162 1430 Hours

The journey up the Turnpike takes longer than expected, as Landry insists on taking measurements and "readings" of the terrain along the road, and moving at a snail's pace. The road is mostly overgrown at points, with full grown trees coming out of the pavement all along the road. You take turns keeping watch, even through the night, but thankfully the trip remained mostly uneventful. That all changed as the pair of you approached the ruins of St. Cloud. You headed down the overgrown road, when suddenly out of the brush popped a half dozen vicious looking men, faces smeared in what was hopefully red warpaint. They are all brandishing various blunt instruments and the apparent leader of the bunch says, "Well lookie here, a little lost vault dweller. Y'all surrender now and all you'll have to do is work. You wouldn't want to piss me off."

1. Surrender.
2. Intimidate Them (Charisma Check)
3. Fight Them (Perception Check)
4. Run Away (Agility and Endurance Check)

Top Bottom