1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

~ D o m i n E a r t h i o n ~

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Tigranes, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Hercules90

Hercules90 Chieftain

Those cities were captured by Joseph Kabila with some Chinese assistance. and were then captured by European forces. As part of the peace terms with Europe, Europe were to retreat from Sub Sahara territory and return the cities to the Congo. Instead they were given to Ruff (the South American Power). I explained this and they have been returned to the Congo.

2. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Imperator Knoedel the Great, Glorious and Gracious

Sooooo everything is in order and I can just play my turn?

3. Hercules90

Hercules90 Chieftain

In my view Yes.

4. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Yes, all looks good at the moment. I hope finding a roof over the head is piece of cake for someone who is trying to dominate the modern word !:king:

5. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I miss this game so much! Knoedel did you send your file to kiwitt?

6. Imp. Knoedel

Thousands dead from a broken dam that flooded Washington. I do not know enough about DC's real life geography to judge whether or not that makes sense.

7. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

8. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

So did kiwitt send his save to Ruff?

P.S. Happy BD , Knoedel! :cheers:[party]

Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  9. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

I have it ... but I am sooo not invested in this game that I struggle to play my turns. Maybe a replacement is in order?

10. Imp. Knoedel

Oh? Would it help if I brought you some democracy?

11. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I am so surprised to hear it. If you are interested in current events just a little -- you were probably itching to lay your hands on ANY PC game that attempts to simulate modern earth. This mod does the best job in that regard, at least better than anything I have seen.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  12. Hercules90

Hercules90 Chieftain

GPS turn to Ma Ying.

I agree the Korea situation is a case in point.

13. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Regarding Rule #1. We need to come to some sort of agreement about how to interpret the situation if the original 2010 owner is eliminated and completely erased from the game. I think next owner can be considered as original owner in those cases.

14. Imp. Knoedel

I mean, if we are talking about the Arabian player, he is technically speaking in the game right now. :mischief:

15. Hercules90

Hercules90 Chieftain

This former wise man from the East brings at this time Myrrth:king:

16. Imp. Knoedel

Tornadoes tore up oil fields in Iraq, huh.

Unrelated:

Hey now wait a minute! Since when is the UN bloc a vassal of the Chinese bloc, which is already the most powerful on its own?

Also why is the Russian bloc so weak? Some things just don't add up.

No, as the world's policeman I feel like I have to restore some semblance of order and fairness!

Due to the removal of the entire Muslim Team (as well as Russian Vietnam, also wiped out by China!) I feel it is appropriate to call an extraordinary session of the United Nations (as in out of the game, in this here thread, also a one time exception to the house rule forbidding trading cities due to these extraordinary circumstances) for a one time reassignment of all cities that originally belonged to a civ that now no longer exists.

Specifically this session is to decide the fate of the following cities:

Truong Tan Sang:
    • Ha Noi
    • Rangoon
    • Saigon
    Asif Ali Zardari:
    • Islamabad
    • Karachi
    • Dhaka
    Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono:
    • Jakarta
    • Medan
    • Surabaya
    • Balikpapan
    • Ujungpandang
    • Jayapura

Mwai Kibaki: (Hey wait a minute, in the initial savegame attached to the OP he is called Goodluck Jonathan! Also I think some civ colors might be different. What is this all about, Tigranes? Is the savegame you attached to the OP really the true initial state of this game?)
    • Abuja
    • Nouakchott
    • Abidjan
    • Timbuktu
    • Lagos
    • N'Djamena

Muammar al Gaddafi:
    • Tripoli
    • Casablanca
    • Algiers
    • Tunis
    • Benghazi

Hosni Mubarak:
    • Cairo
    • Khartoum
    • Port Said
    • Port Sudan

Abdullah Al Saud:
    • Riyadh
    • Medina
    • Mecca
    • Aden
    • Dubai

Makes all in all 32 cities. Currently we have 29 living civs in the world, so we can give 1 city to each living civ each easily, only questions are who gets which cities and what to do with the three surplus cities.

Now then, anyone wants to make any reasonable claims?

I'm looking forward to everyone's collaboration in this peacemaking process!

Attached Files:

17. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Well a lot of blood was shed to capture all those cities. It is unreasonable to artificially redistribute them. They were captured "fair and square" , if one can use this phrase about war.

After everyone dogpiled on me I decided to capitulate to China, the least hated enemy :mischief:, and try to live to fight against my other opponents on another day and another year.

Yes, when I was setting up this game I did rename one African leader. Why does it bother you? I wanted to include Ethiopia as the leading East Africa civ instead of Kenya, because Ethiopia has more people than Kenya, and proud tradition of independence.

And Russian block was nuked by EU who has no more nuclear weapons left. But World Policeman at that time did not react much. I think the best way to settle everything is just to play the game and do everything in game.

18. Imp. Knoedel

Because it means the game we are playing right now is not identical to the game you uploaded in the OP, which means you could have changed any number of things without anyone noticing. Who's to say that I was wrong about some city's original owner or other because you changed that too?

Well, there's a new sheriff in town and he's got a lot of nukes, so I highly recommend everyone to follow his advice for their own sake, if y'all catch my drift...

19. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Once the game starts I cannot change anything "without anyone noticing" lol. Maybe I did not document that change but it is purely cosmetic and for flavor.

Meanwhile what's up with Austria being the only European country that has Far Right Party in government, which is responsible for defense and foreign affairs? Can you vote please and then do everything else, for the sake of humanity?

20. Imp. Knoedel

Hmpf, if you say so.
    Hey, don't blame me, I voted for the tiny little communist party which got a respectable 0.8% of the electorate! I'd say we are the true 1% but we couldn't even accomplish that. :lol: :cry:

Also I was out on the streets protesting the new government yesterday, but there's only so much I can do without a class conscious Proletariat backing me up.

Tigranes likes this.