1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Daimyo of State elections

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by remake20, Dec 15, 2008.

1. remake20

remake20 :)

Polls???????????

2. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

Maybe it would be a good time to hold elections for this office. General W has done a great job with the nexus threads and such but a great deal of our diplo is going out late. I'm sure he's busy...but I'm really not so I'd like to run for Diamyo of State.

I'm pretty much a war monger but I'm very active here and so can easily keep diplo discussions moving along and get responses out promptly.

BTW General W should remain in office until after we hold new elections, if we hold new elections. I really don't want things to stop while we discuss and vote for officers.

3. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

:agree:

I feel really bad about my lack of full attention here lately. Things have just been crazy busy in the dreaded RL for me.

I'd support 1889 taking over if he can give more attention to things - but I'd like to see a bit more of a platform than "warmonger" :)

Even if I'm voted out of office, I promise to keep helping with drafting treaties or letters as much as possible / desired by the Diamyo.

4. 1889

Well I can also offer an underdeveloped sense of humor. :) So while my input might not be great I'll ceep things active and get responses out promptly. If its a bit too much trouble for you right now then how about I'll just be your shizoku or samurai to bump threads or send approved messages if it appears they are getting delayed.

5. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

I think the key is getting our name out as much as possible. If 1889 replaces Gen_W doesn't it still make sense for various other players to act as ambassadors to the Daimyo of State especially when he is not present?

6. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

Ambassadors...I like that!

I will be the 1 carrying the SWORD!

7. 1889

Rather than ambassadors how about just signing everything SANCTA and sending it from our team gmail account. Having a record of every contact there is very handy and it makes it easy for someone to step in when one of our contact people is away or lame or whatever.

The only time an ambassador would be useful I think is for catching folks for impromptu chats which Memphis and GW are already engaged in. So keep that up.

8. Karhu

Karhu Devil's Advocate

Ambassadors should be from one nation to a single other nation.

An "Underdiamyo of State" however could communicate with all of our fellow nations.

Just a suggestion.

9. Whomp

I fail to understand why the Daimyo wouldn't be interested in delegating responsibilities when people want the job. There should never be a breakdown in the diplomacy process whether it's by decentralizing the work to the whole team or leaning on an ambassdor to deliver the message.

I think we've all learned in these types of game that diplomacy as important as game playing. Our game playing skill is unquestioned but a diplomatic breakdown early in the game could be a recipe for problems.

10. 1889

I generally don't like elected offices because they cause bottlenecks. I've been in a number of team game were the chief of toilet cleaning, for example, doesn't do his job and then we have to try and remember who has the job if we can find them or maybe hold an election all the while the job is still not getting done. Adding vice presidents of toilet sanitation just make the problem worse in my opinion.

I like that we haven’t got bogged down with all that in this game. We originally thought that having one contact person would help keep things organized, which it has. But it looks like it could also be a source of delay. Maybe this episode is enough of a wake up call that we can all just be more active in the embassy threads and not be so dependant on the Daimyo and then we can avoid any *gag* constitutional amendment ordeal.

11. Whomp

You'll get no argument with me on that notion. Thing is, I really like how General W writes but more regular diplo conversation (even innocuous ones) should be a priority.

12. General_W

I don't think there's anything in our current (intentionally open-ended) constitution that should prevent any ninja from helping in diplomacy.

Whether that help is drafting letters, sending harassing PMs to General_W to get his butt in gear, or even chatting with other teams.

The only caveat, imo, is that anyone other than the elected Daimyo should make it clear when talking to other teams that they are NOT the official representative of team SANCTA. That'll make it easy for us to back-peddle if someone goes off the reservation and says something stupid to another team.

13. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

As a compelte aside if I ever catch a player in the game i might have a chat with them. (as I have done previously)

I will always post everything her though (well in the right thread).

14. General_W

exactly - and I support that 100% - just as long as people know that those aren't "official" conversations. :thumbsup:

15. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

Yup for sure. Those are me trying to exploit thier current turn player into making a descision without collective agreement :D

PBEM spoiler:
    Spoiler :
    1 + 1 = 3, and then when you correct me with 2....

16. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

Ok G_w is pains me to do this :( but Krill and I, while good at the computer version of civ, clearly are not the best diplomats.

As such I re-open this discussion and nominate regorrarr for the Daimo of State.

Nominations will be open for however long our constitution says. (if there is no time then I give it 48 hours)

After such a time I will post a poll for the election.

G_W your name goes in hat anyways call it ninja tradition to honour you.

17. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

I'm up for seconding that.

18. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Hey AT, you want the job? 'Cos I'm nominating you for it as well :p

19. Whomp

I'll second that.

20. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

ummm I am Sure G_W will be nominatin you fine sir!