Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Can we synchronize them somehow in new branch? It is not going to hurt testing new features...

Yes, I have already done that a couple of times, but I tend to not do it to often because it's a) additional work every time and b) every one who uses the branch needs to do a force pull to catch up, which makes things complicated for some users.

NEW CONСEPTION OF THE RUSSIAN CIV (Persian/German STYLE)
In the Dawn of Civilization You have succesfuly realised conception with two Persia (Iran and Achemenid Empire), two Germany (Austria and Prussia) and two Rome (Roman Empire and Bizantion Empire)!
I would like to ask You to spread this amazing conception to Russia:
One the one hand there is Old/Ancient Russ (Kiev, Pskov, Novgorod) which has Yaroslav the Wise as its Leader.
Russ appeared in the mid of IX Century (on the RFC EUROPE there is finished Example);
Ideas for UHV: to spread Ortodox Faith to al least 4 russ's cities; to build cathedral in the Capital; defend your cities from mongols and barbs's horseman until 1500...
But on the other hand there is Moscow's Russ (RUSSIA) which appeared in the XV century. De-facto Moscow's Russ is absolutely another state than Old Russ (more asian, more aggresive)
Moscows's Russ may be will has the same historical goals as ordinar Russia has.

I agree, that would make Russia a lot more accurate. However, I am still not adding any further civs at the moment.

Also, what's the purpose of high sea fishing boats if there's like one or two quares on the entire map where they can be used, in arcane locations too (the one I can think of is off the coast of Australia. Brisbane?).

What's the purpose of repeating yourself?

It hasn't been answered. Better to repeat yourself than not sharing thoughts at all.

Dear friends, I decided to make a let's play "DAWN OF CIVILIZATIONS" as RUSSIA - it will be great if you will watch first part and comment it
Thank You!

:thumbsup: Очень понравилось про Выборг и что это никуда не годится )))* It is my understanding that you have opted for the historical city placement, otherwise I always found St. Petersburg with original Settler. Conventional wisdom calls for securing Russian Eastern perimeter first. It is hard to be completely historical in your opening moves as Russia, because obviously there was no Palace in Moscow until after the arrival of Mongols :)

Moderator Action: Please provide English translations for foreign languages. Thanks.

-----------
* I liked your comment about Vyborg and that it is unacceptable smile smile

Last edited:
I want to know when Vladivostok appears and what is the precondition, I have never see AI build Vladivostok

When AI Russia discovers Railroad. If Vladivostok already exists is controlled by Russia, nothing happens. If it is controlled by any other civ, Russia declares war and receives some units. If Vladivostok does not exist, it checks the surrounding tiles if there is a city. If not, AI Russia will auto-found Vladivostok.

I just started a Turks game and after conquering Constantinople it took two missionaries to spread Islam there and Christianity was removed in the process. That meant I couldn't build some Turkish wonders. Is this the intended behaviour?

Abstractly, yes. The disappearance effect is random, so you need Orthodoxy somewhere else to build the wonder. But I already plan to revisit the spread rules and will check if the settings for Christianity in that region are fair or not.

While we are waiting new system of civiscs and may be re-done RUSSIA, I've prepared new let's play video about DAWN OF CIVILIZATION as Russia:) Have a nice watch:)

How did you manage to became Mongol's vassal? Offered yourself on purpose? :) Some years are missing between part 1 and part 2 ;)

Does the no non-state religion spread effect from Fanaticism work at all? I thought it failing to prevent foreign religions was a New World thing but I saw Judaism spread under Fanaticism two games in a row in Europe

I think scripted spread doesn't respect Fanaticism right now. Judaism has a scripted spread behaviour that will make the religion appear if there are not enough cities with the religion in a given region, it's possible that I didn't check if the spread is actually possible.

I think scripted spread doesn't respect Fanaticism right now. Judaism has a scripted spread behaviour that will make the religion appear if there are not enough cities with the religion in a given region, it's possible that I didn't check if the spread is actually possible.

That explains it. The script that spreads Christianity to the New World doesn't either

Top Bottom