[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

Me again,Hi!!
For some reason i cant play version 1.3 game always crash so i was very unhappy but now there is 1.4 and it worksssss!!!!:):):)
please maybe modern israel units from zerver:rolleyes::rolleyes:for version 1.5
I am very happy for you that this version is stable
POZDRAV!!!!

So far the road/railroad limit for some units is working out fine, for me atleast - had to build a road to be able to assault a city for the first time :p. The biggest side-effect of this tho, is that units with this attribute cannot board transports unless they are loaded in a city. Granted it makes sense from a realistic viewpoint, another question is how it will work out ingame :) If people will accept the fact or view it as an increasing annoyance ^^

..... 12 hours straight.....and nothing.... not even one blue screen..... no main screen jumpers...so I called for healp...I screamed ... neighbor came.... he did it ... he gave me hope and allow to keep it real ... he brought me back to others mods where I can dis-joy CTD or some blue... he pressed reset button on my rig .... oh .... that beautiful XP loading..... why you had to make it so perfect Keldath ? For Gods, why?

... new techs in 1.5 ? I know that there is a saying: It is never so bad that cannot be worse and never too good to not to be better ... but .... why you have to alway prove the second part true.... how about helping out the first part, just once?
;)

Ok, I admit, I impressed. Officially can say great job done on stability and balance. Really great work done here. Now, bring me 1.5! :trouble:

krushyn
your sure do no how to make me happy k' ,

12 hour straight?? holy cow! well i can understand you,
we are addicts,
i mostly mod on the weekends, and i sit on my chair for over 8 hours without having the ability to dissconnect my self from my laptop.

so, you want me to make the mod worse? no problem :) im gonna make some special ctds for next version.

so this is whats planned for v 1.5 whcih work will begin today:

-super spies 1.23
-revolution mod
-bug 2.22
-shqype vicinity resource mod
-civs will be able to found more then one religion (unless i get someone to write the code as limited religions for me)
- some new units and techs.
-dale 1.5
-mylon 1.12

that will surly upgrade my mod to be a really massive with componants.

many of this will become possible by the great fusion mod by ripple, which i highly recommend to play.

Hi another vista user here.
Tried the fixes and it loads now, but I also have the same problem as the user earlier, there is NO GUI for the game. (when the game loads and you have your settler/warrior first appear)

I have had this problem with a couple of other mods but not bothered to register before now. The only other one I tried, I can remember doing this is strategy only's Next Fantasy War.

Could it be some custom GUI used in both mods causing the error?

I'm not sure how to fix this.

Other mods are fine for me.

escape ,
hi and welcome,

thanks for registering to report to me,

maybe you can help me determine the problem,

can you delete the python folder from overlord2 folder and load the game?

if it will fix th gui, it means that v1.5 will be vista compatible, casue im replacing the whole files.

im sure the python files carry somthing wrong in them for vista, so try to delete it and load,
thanks escape.

Sorry, I have tried deleting the python folder and now we are back to crashing on the load screen.

Gets to the loading XML section and dies (if the text above loading bar is correct.)

I wish I had a clue about how mods work so I could be of some more use here, sorry about that. I tried deleting the file "python defines??" or something like that in the XML folder out of desperation to see if it would work (with no real clue what I was doing) and it didn't help (probably not surprising to someone who knows what they are doing, but I figured I'd kill anything pythonesqe in the XML folder just in case)

BTW thank you for creating the Visa mod, I really enjoyed playing it on my old machine.

Keldath, great MOD! I would love to see you incorporate all of the civs and leaders from Civ Gold 4.0 for your next version (1.5). Any chance of this happening? Just curious.

Thanks for your time!

- manooly

manooly,

well,
i try to keep this mod as thin as possible, cause f ill add more civs it means more units more leaders and more buildings - whcih means more slowness,

so perhaps in the future versions, ill add more or atleast a patch, cause dont get me wrong...id like to have a massive mod,

also....im only one man.....it takes time.

and i thought of verites dl' addition at some point.

Each version is a complete mod right? You don't need to unzip the next version over the previous do you?

Just installed ver 1.3 and CTD on 1st turn. Went to pick research from top bar and got kicked out.

Have ver1.4 D/L'd but not installed yet. Should I just remove 1.3 from the Mods folder and put 1.4 in?

JosEPh

JosEPh_II ,
hi,

my versions are always standalones and not to be installed on previous verasion.

as for your ctd, i never tried to click on the icon on the bar,
anyway i ran 2000 turns in my v 1.4 and had no ctd, also, noone reported a ctd in a long time, so i suggets you try v1,4 if you still have the ctd, on the tech bar then you dicovered a rare one, so just write me which tech is it.
thanks alot.

Kalimakhus
you deserve the title you worte, king.

I started a game with 1.4 and got no issues so far. I am pleased with the progress of the mod. It is sure getting better with every new version.

One thing that annoyed me is that horses are revealed by HBR!!! Besides being quite late it also means that I can't train chariots before better mounted units are already there. It was quite frustrating as I was playing Egypt and counted on ruling the ancient ages with my war chariots. Missing chariots in the ancient era means that Axemen got no counter unit for a long time as well.

First of all I love that mod - played 1.3 a lot.

When I start 1.4 and enter Worldbuilder I get 4 empty small windows which say Advanced start, Player mode , world mode - however they are empty. I also cannot exit the worldbuilder anymore - have to close the game.
Anybody else having this problem ?

With 1.3 I also got CTDs on the first turn - but loading an existing game , run one round and then load the fresh game at turn one always worked for me.

Edit: I just realized I`m missing all other windows ingame as well / only esc works and options window pops up. Version 1.3 is still fine. Any Idea ?

Kalimakhus ,

happy to hear so far your enjoying, and ill change the chariot thingy , no worries, looing forward for more from ya.

RealAtaman ,
wierd , i never had any worldbuilder problems...

1.3 included super spies, which had a ctd, and indeed somthing reloding fixed it or clearing you chache also,

my v.15 will be built on some on civfusion excellent mod,
so it will be better, as i posted in previous posts,
this weekend ill start workking on it,
by next week v 1,5 will sure be ready.

glad you guys like my work, thanks.

Hi Keldath,

I am still a Vista user :eek: :lol:

So, I dl'd version 1.4 and tried to run it. It started, but did not have any interface. :(

So I read your .txt "for Vista users" and first tried to rename the cvpath.py which resulted in a CTD. :(

Then I winmerged your version of cvpath.py with the one I did find in "History in the making", as both are very similar. And - alas - now I can start the saved file from the first attempt and do have an interface. :D

So far, the game is up and running, and I will continue to investigate ;)

For your convenience, I will upload my current version for you (Grave's authorization has been requested )

Attachments

• CvPath.7z
    2.3 KB · Views: 61
Hi Keldath,

I am still a Vista user :eek: :lol:

So, I dl'd version 1.4 and tried to run it. It started, but did not have any interface. :(

So I read your .txt "for Vista users" and first tried to rename the cvpath.py which resulted in a CTD. :(

Then I winmerged your version of cvpath.py with the one I did find in "History in the making", as both are very similar. And - alas - now I can start the saved file from the first attempt and do have an interface. :D

So far, the game is up and running, and I will continue to investigate ;)

For your convenience, I will upload my current version for you (Grave's authorization has been requested )

Sounds like the problem I have - only that I use XP not vista - I will give it a try. Thanx

Top Bottom