December Balance Beta - December 3rd (12/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, i'm not newbee, i don't need that type of answers)

Of course it is, thats not a surprise. Thing is that you lost tonns of yields for killing etc (they actually are quite significant if you war a lot), also heal on kill etc
Haha I just answer your question :lol:. By conquest I mean just grab some more land, Im not warring all game so its fine I think.

Mine works just fine. Why don't you chill your attitude and make it easier for others to help you?
Then it must be the UI-Improved City View mod which I read about in this same thread. Apparently causes conflict and the diplo overview is not working.

If you want your diplo overview to work, then don't install the city mod. How about some advise attitude for you.

Then it must be the UI-Improved City View mod which I read about in this same thread. Apparently causes conflict and the diplo overview is not working.

If you want your diplo overview to work, then don't install the city mod. How about some advise attitude for you.

There you go — solved your own problem! See how easy that was?

In my current game half the AIs are quite reluctant to trade their spare luxuries among themselves. I'm at turn 90 and there've been no AI wars; Persia who is bullying a bunch of CSs is trading actively while super peaceful top score Haile is holding all his spare jade.

I have the same problem as well, even ai whom I'm super friendly with will have deal value of 500 above and my luxuries to them is best just slightly half of their deal value

I disabled the city mod but the diplomacy overview still doesn't work. That is strange. I don't use any other mods.
That's why I commented...I don't think it's caused by ICV but rather by a faulty install. Are you using the version of EUI provided with the installer? Have you deleted the cache and modsettings folder files after installing?
Maybe try removing all mods and also the bc1 DLC (EUI) and then reinstalling (don't forget to delete cache).
I have the same problem as well, even ai whom I'm super friendly with will have deal value of 500 above and my luxuries to them is best just slightly half of their deal value
Same here though I'm using quite a few mods and also the 30-11-18 version of VP. Also, everyone on my continent has "territorial disputes" with me even if they're far away and don't share borders with me. That could explain part of the high prices but it doesn't explain why they all want my territory when there's other civs right next to them. And Polynesia, who came from the other continent and is the only one without the terr. disp. modifier still has pretty high prices, though lower then the others.

That's why I commented...I don't think it's caused by ICV but rather by a faulty install. Are you using the version of EUI provided with the installer? Have you deleted the cache and modsettings folder files after installing?
Maybe try removing all mods and also the bc1 DLC (EUI) and then reinstalling (don't forget to delete cache).

Same here though I'm using quite a few mods and also the 30-11-18 version of VP. Also, everyone on my continent has "territorial disputes" with me even if they're far away and don't share borders with me. That could explain part of the high prices but it doesn't explain why they all want my territory when there's other civs right next to them. And Polynesia, who came from the other continent and is the only one without the terr. disp. modifier still has pretty high prices, though lower then the others.
I'm having the same problem with the diplomacy screen (also coincidentally after hotfixing and using ICV for EUI).

I have also noticed the weird territorial dispute thing, despite being nowhere near me. The luxury trading is definitely off, and has been off for the last couple betas. It would explain why you're seeing it on 30-11-18 version.

I am playing 12-3b. Took progress. Recieved instant yield of 30 culture upon selecting the SECOND progress advance (organization). I did not research anyhting that turn. I suppose this is unintentional?

Edit: got the third advance, recieved 60 free culture

Last edited:
I am playing 12-3b. Took progress. Recieved instant yield of 30 culture upon selecting the SECOND progress advance (organization). I did not research anyhting that turn. I suppose this is unintentional?

Edit: got the third advance, recieved 60 free culture

Was hotfixed last week, make sure you are up to date.

Was hotfixed last week, make sure you are up to date.
OK, you are right: I am not playing the latest version. Sry for the fuss, (I had the latest version installed but reinstalled the game to get rid of a tooltip error)

Update:
Balance-wise the latest hotfix feels pretty good. I might drop the potency of distress slightly for the early game to make it a little less drastic, but otherwise it all feels fairly good.

I'm also working on overhauling some of the deal AI mechanics. I've found some inconsistencies that, frankly, make the AI hard to work with in order to quickly make deals for things. My changes should help.

G

Can you please make trade routes controllable ? There is no reason for them being like this. I should be able to stop them any turn I choose and re-route them as I desire and according to the dynamically changing political environment and circumstances.

I lost great many TRs and CShips due to the lack of intervention. They should be controllable like workers are.

Also the Cargo Ships move too fast. Faster than destroyers and jets. You can't catch a simple diesel engine container ship in the sea with nuclear powered submarines in order to destroy it.

Can you please make trade routes controllable ? There is no reason for them being like this. I should be able to stop them any turn I choose and re-route them as I desire and according to the dynamically changing political environment and circumstances.

I lost great many TRs and CShips due to the lack of intervention. They should be controllable like workers are.

Also the Cargo Ships move too fast. Faster than destroyers and jets. You can't catch a simple diesel engine container ship in the sea with nuclear powered submarines in order to destroy it.

Controllable like workers? No, that's way beyond the pale for new code. It's also possible that the Cargo Ships you are chasing have the double speed corporation buff.

G

Controllable like workers? No, that's way beyond the pale for new code. It's also possible that the Cargo Ships you are chasing have the double speed corporation buff.

G
I think he means like this, though according to the VP mod-mod page this is already incorporated in VP? Probably only partially; FWIW I'd like to see cancellable domestic trade routes and recallable international trade routes as well! Maybe it's not entirely new code if you're "just merging in" from that mod? I haven't looked at the code though, so no idea if this is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom