December World - game thread

Excerpt from Pacific Press, Letters Column, March 3rd edition
Spoiler :

Dear Mr Solomennyy,

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: there is no need to import these so-called ‘snowmobiles’ the Motherland has developed. While I am an avid motorcar enthusiast, I also spend several weeks every year traveling to the most remote of hamlets in inland Alaska and I can definitively say these trips would have been impossible in a mechanical contraption of any sort. As you no doubt remember from the German’s first failed expedition iron harbors a strong dislike for our chilly winters. I happened to witness one of their ships glance off an iceberg and sink within minutes as the welds cracked. “Oh, but Mr Vasilyev, a hull weld is one thing, surely a part on a ground vehicle is far less dangerous to have broken!” I can here you say, “It is simply a matter of having a qualified mechanic replace it.” That might be plausible in the balmy summers of Volgograd, where there are a dozen mechanics within a stone’s throw and a machine shop just down the street, but here in the Pacific Directory one will be traveling to communities of a few dozen and a broken part must be ordered from Petropavlovsk, or even from Russia itself. A broken down vehicle can and would result in not only the deaths of the poor driver, but also on the poor hamlet which depends on the supplies that vehicle carries. Beyond replacements there’s the simple question of fuel. Gasoline is hardly easy to find in the taiga and each vehicle would have to carry enough for its trip out and its trip back, hardly an efficient use of valuable cargo space.

Now imagine the immense cost the Directory would have to shoulder for such a useless ‘boondoggle’. Not only would the Directory have to import vast quantities of these machines for them to be even slightly useful, but there would also have to be mechanics, trained drivers, fuel supplies, and the inevitable replacements as improved models are made, all money that could be far better spent on improving the frankly disgraceful state of the ports of Petropavlovsk and Nova-Arkhangelsk or preparing for the arrival of the Trans-Siberian Railroad.

This waste is made even more apparent by its complete lack of necessity, as any true Transpacifican could tell you. There is no need for mechanical vehicles when there is already a highly viable system in place: the dogsled. The Siberian Husky and its larger Alaskan cousin, the Malamute, have done an admirable job pulling both people and freight across countless miles of trackless tundra in both halves of the Directory for centuries. A properly trained team of eight in the peak of physical condition can haul over six hundred pounds of freight as fast, if not faster, than a tracked vehicle over snow. They can easily subsist entirely on salmon and seal, which can be easily provided by the villages they carry supplies to instead of having to carry it. Every good musher knows the basics of taking care of their canine companions, and in the event of something beyond their skill most villages have someone capable of treating a sick dog or, failing that, a skilled butcher.

Not only are they superior in terms of speed, convenience, and care but there is already a truly prodigious canine population in the Directory already, with some estimating more than a hundred thousand in both halves of the Directory, with some estimates exceeding two hundred thousand. With some small encouragement from the Directorial government this number could easily grow to match or even exceed the growth of the Directory itself, vital as the traders of the Russian American Company pushes east and ever more immigrants move inland. Further these dogs are already an integral part of life on the frontier, valued not only for their ability to move freight but for their peerless hunting skills and companionship. Can you imagine a hunter trying to use a loud and obnoxious vehicle to run down their prey? They would scare them off from a mile away! And I speak from experience when I say that nothing makes for a better blanket on a winter night in the deep Yukon than a warm sled team. How could you possibly compare a piece of steel to man’s best friend?

In short, while I understand your enthusiasm for bringing in the latest technological innovations from the Motherland, importing or creating Transpacific tracked vehicles is an expensive, wasteful, and above-all redundant endeavor. Husky teams are capable of hauling all but the largest of freight already, can be produced and maintained on a local level by native hunters and a competent veterinarian or village elder, and are exceptionally reliable. Vehicles will break down, parts will corrode, and fuel shipments will be lost, but dogs will always be there.

Respectfully yours,
Mr Vasilyev

Tikhon, check the postage on the last four exchanges between Solomennyy and Vasilyev. Their styles are suspiciously similar and Solomennyy’s arguments are too poorly made to be real. I think someone is trying their hand at Marketing.
- Director Vitus, Cultural Affairs

I have joined as Greece.

Hurray! Very glad to have you rejoin though I'd rather see you as Gran Paraguay or Burma or Magreb...

Welcome back Christos :)

A New Liberalism

Prime Minister Charilaos Trikoupis of Greece has announced what he has termed "New Liberalism" (Νέος Φιλελευθερισμός) to modernize the Greek state. He has stated the need for regulations to be repealed and the government to withdraw from the economy in order for "the forces of the free market to be allowed to produce economic growth". He has stated that individuals should have "the right and freedom to pursue their dreams without state interference" and that "the current regulations favor the few wealthy who have connections to the government". Charilaos Trikoupis has vowed to put an end to plutocracy and elitism and to combat corruption that plagues Greece. "We stand with the many, not the few!", is his slogan.

The one chosen to lead this reformist effort is Georgios Theotokis, Professor of Economy at the Economic University of Athens and now Finance Minister of the country. A dedicated liberal, he has promised to put an end to corruption and state incompetence. "The role of the state is to defend the life, liberty and property of the people", he said, "not to interfere in the economy and grant favors to the elites." Georgios Theotokis has stated that his government will commit itself to attracting foreign investments, especially ones from Italy, but also from other nations as well. "We shall provide stability in an unstable region and ensure that Greece is a safe place for investors, both domestic and foreign."

To: Hungary
CC: World

With regret, the Sublime Porte is annulling its defensive treaty with Hungary. If Hungary decides to withdraw from its war, the Sublime Porte will offer any required assistance in the peace talks.

From Hungary
To Sublime Porte

Your betrayal is duly noted.

From Poland
To Hungary

We find this diplomatic exchange highly ironic. On a related note, let it be known that Poland formally joins the North German Federation and Austria-Bavaria in their war of containment against Hungary.

Just a reminder for everyone that this coming Monday morning is the early order deadline. Get your orders in, let's keep this game promptly updated.

Also, Monday morning is the last moment for any meaningful diplomatic statements, including declarations of war. Plan accordingly.

Hello *hic*,

It is the duty of every nation to pursue an end to war. Because... because war is the ultimate expression of the worsht of mankind. War takes man's dedication, his capacity for sacrifice, his ability to serve a greater force than himshelf and corrupts him into a bringer of death. In war man's ingenuity and his innovation is used to create ever more creative and efficient ways to end life. Whatever can be seen can be killed, now... *awkward pause* and a lot of other things.

*takes drink*

Europe, the Americas, and far-flung places across the globe are now engaged in what some are calling the Second Atlantic War. Thisht war is ultimately the result of evil men who see it as their privilege to end peace so that they can pursue nationalistic ag-aggrand- nationalist gains at the expense of their neighbors. It is a tragedy, and a farsh, and a lot of other things rolled into one rolling ball of misery rolling down a mountain into an ocean of blood.

*takes another drink*

We are a great nation, the greatesht nation, but our greatness must be maintained and renewed. And our greatness cannot endure if we sit idly by and watch this conflict without taking action. So it is ironically the duty of Russia to pursue an end to war by bringing about an end to our own peace.

One of our neighborsh, the Kingdom of Hungary, opportunistically invaded its close kin in the Princely Confederation of Austria-Bavaria. We condemned this action when it happened, we continued to condemn it since, but this has not dissuaded them. If Russian words are to have meaning then they must be backed with action. If Russian threats are to have meaning, then they must rest on the weight of Russian-sponshored annih-annhi *hic* annihilation.

So I have come to announce that the Constituent Assembly has approved a declaration of war against the Kingdom of Hungary and its client kingdom in the Romanian Domnate. We will end our peace so we can end war and bring about the return of peace, a peace backed and reinforced by our own ability to wage war, though we prefer peace. And so this war, against Hungary's war, will bring about peace not just for Hungary but for all of Eastern Europe. It will be the best peace, the victorsh peace, after the surrender of war. Because although all peace is victory, the best victory is the one where we are the winners, and we will definitely win because we are better at both war and peace.

*finishes drink*

Last edited:
Crisis update

Tensions rise across the world as more and more nations are being pulled into a confusing web of overlapping conflicts that have impact on all continents. War fever and agitation are gripping humanity, and nations mobilize their resources to accomplish projects of magnificent scale over the course of mere months. Each game turn now covers the stretch of 3 months.

Second Atlantic War
Sparked by a Franco-North-American ultimatum to Great Britain over the status of free Canada, the Second Atlantic War has started, pulling the British Royal Commonwealth and its continental allies, the Netherlands and Sardinia-Piedmont, into a conflict with the Union of North America and Communard France. To surprise of the many, Sardinia-Piedmont was also supported by its regional rival, the Italian Republic, while the Franco-North-American alliance was joined by the Free Boer Republic in their crusade against everything British. The Commonwealth’s call to war was also answered by their secret allies in the CSA, although questions remain how dedicated the Confederacy would be to launching the second prolonged war in two decades.

War of Indian Ocean
In an act of war distinct from the Transatlantic conflict, the Konbaung dynasty of Burma has declared the Indian Ocean War against the Free Boer Republic and has announced its highly limited war goals of clearing the Indian Ocean of the Boer naval presence. The limited scope of the war naturally justified partial mobilization measures similar to the ones accepted by the Confederate American Senate.

War of Hungarian Containment
The Central-European War has effectively split into two distinct conflicts: the War of Hungarian Containment, run by Directorial Russia, Poland, Italy, Illyria, the North German Federation, and the Princely Confederation of Austria, Bavaria, and the Rhineland against the Kingdom of Hungary and its Romanian satellite, and the Anti-Communard War of the North German Federation and Austria-Bavaria against Communard France (effectively aligning the German powers to the British Commonwealth and its allies in their continental rematch with the French).

All players have 48 hours to issue crisis-related diplomatic statements and perform diplomatic pile-in moves, including war declaration.

The Pacific Directory fully backs Directorial Russia in its containment of Hungary's opportunism and blatant aggression. Let all the world's warmongers be crushed beneath the benevolent Russian boot that everyone will know the quiet peace and prosperity that Russia has enjoyed for so long. Transpacific clothing, coal, and foods are going to fuel the front as we speak.

Remember our words: Peace, Liberty, and Pursuit of Property

Signed,
Chief Director Grigori Volya

Your Majesty, Your Highness, Your Graces, Your Eminences, Ladies, Gentleman. It is a special privilege for me to be here speaking to you as a friend. I am most grateful to Your Majesty for giving me this opportunity. I am especially grateful to your Crown Prince who invited me to visit this country and arranged for me to address you here today.

My tour of Burma, the first ever made by a King Under Heaven, is now alas nearing its end, but it is fitting that it should culminate in this historic city, Mandalay, so long the gateway between Burma and China.

I wish it had been possible for me to spend longer here to see more of your beautiful country and met many more of your people. I have at least been able to see some of the great beauties of your country, the Kuthodaw Pagoda and the Amarapura Palace, have made a great impression on me.

Moreover, I have been deeply moved by the warmth of my welcome. I have been received in a spirit of friendship and warmth wherever I have gone, and I value this because I know it is a show of goodwill, not just to myself but to all of the Heaven.

At such a time it is natural and right to look at what has been achieved in your country in recent years. The people of Burma, it must be said, have an economy which is the envy of all Asia, founded upon a healthy industry, thriving commerce and a domestic state of the most perfect tranquility.

No one could fail to be impressed with the immense material progress which has been achieved. That all this has been accomplished in so short a time is a striking testimony to the skill, energy and initiative of your people. We in the Heavenly Kingdom stand in awe of what you have achieved and seek to emulate your successes.

But that is not all. We have begun making steps towards developing trade between our common interests. This will see us both profit to our mutual benefit. In the future if you will be able to travel from China to Burma by road and rail if you so wish. If you prefer to fly, why we are working on that just the same [polite laughter]. Here is a true partnership, living proof of the goodwill between our nations.

But now let us turn to more weighty matters which touch upon us all.

As I have traveled around your Kingdom I have found everywhere, as I expected, a deep preoccupation with the threat of imperialism. I understand and sympathize with your interests and your anxiety about this issue.

Ever since the arrival of Europeans one of the constant facts of political life in Asia has been imperialism. Imperialism over the centuries has come in different forms, from different states, but all have been inspired by a deep, keen feeling of superiority, which has only grown with time.

In the present century, and especially since the end of the Atlantic War, the states of Asia have become ever more aware of the threat and ever more vigorous in our resistance. Had we not, we would no longer be independent, but our independence so hard won is not, even now, a sure thing.

Nevertheless, we say, a wind of change is blowing through Asia, and we are of the view, whether the imperialists like it or not, that our independence must become a political fact. We are convinced that the imperialists must accept it as a fact, and their national policies must take account of it.

Your nation understand this better than anyone, you have demonstrated again and again through fire and blood that you are a free nation. A powerful nation. Indeed in the history of our times yours will be recorded as the strongest voice in Asia against imperialism. This changing tide, which is now rising in Asia is, in large part, your tide. You have inspired us all.

Its causes are to be found in the achievements of our civilizations, at the frontiers of science, in the building of industry, the growth of state power, in the spread of education and, most importantly, in the growing strength of our arms be they on the land, sea, or increasingly in the air.

As I have said, the independence of Asia, must become a political fact, and the imperialists must accept it as such. The consequences of failure are great. I sincerely believe that should one of us fall, the flood gates will open and all of us will go down in the deluge. That means, I would judge, that we have a common interest in presenting a united front to resist imperialism.

It is with this in mind that the Heavenly Kingdom has decided to join Your Majesty in your present struggle against imperialism. That is to say, we also now find ourselves at war with the Free Boer Republic.

- King of the Yellow River

Last edited:
"WHEREAS PEOPLE of lesser nations frolic in the mud," came the voice, low but reverberating in the dim, smoky hall, "ours frolic in golden fields of their own planting. For it is, and has always been, the destiny of our people to rise above mere material circumstances and survive through nothing but the strength of their will and the powers of their heritage."

Polite applause greeted these words as the speaker, mustachioed and sweating, stepped away from the podium and nodded to the crowd. Rising heads at the base of the stage nodded towards each other and shuffled as the speaker stepped down, shaking hands with the others, as conversation in the club grew to a slight murmur. It was dark, lit only by the candles of the tables, as servers moved quickly to refill the glasses of the patrons with more poison.

Above the threshold of the club entrance, a small poster with a single simple symbol on it stood and bared itself to all entering:

NVP_bg.png

Below it printed the words:

NASIONALE VÖLKISCHER BRÖDERBOND

The lapse in speaking prompted individuals to mill about only slightly, still engaged in hushed but fervent conversation, as another man mounted the podium: his bristly mustache and wiry hair indicating to all without a second moment's notice his important identity.

"Gentlemen I present you," said a short, fussy man in a frock coat, "Gerbrant van de Berge, long-time member of our society, leader of the Boer Republican Party, and the Foreign Minister of our government."

A short thumping of tables followed this announcement as de Berge nodded and smiled sardonically, proudly to those gathered. Once the noise subsided, and the dark room was again filled with silence, he spoke calmly.

"My friends, we have been meeting now for five years," he said in a clear though slightly strained voice. "Five years has this bar in Blömföntein been our place of brotherhood and five years have we re-adjourned here to discuss the most important issue facing the Boer nation today: that of the völkisch movement.

"As you know, not years ago I was the esteemed President of our Republik, a position I engaged in to the satisfaction of all my duties and without any reservations as to the pitiful miserations of our opponents. As you know, in that time I effected for the first time, using the Boer Republican Party as my hand, the institutionalization of an important preservation of our nationality and our security. In bygone days we were forced to scatter and made to kneel before the will of distant banker-lords, but thanks to the struggle of our volk we persevered as only we could. Thereupon we, the brothers of this brotherhood, realized the inevitability of our struggle against such insidious foreign influences as the Britons; and thereupon through the Boer Republican Party we enacted our wisdom and our insight to crush the enemy that walks among us."

Some appreciative murmurs emerged from the room at this speaking, and de Berge held up a hand, asking for quiet. "You know, as I know, that it was the English we should have feared - if none else - as the only ones with all of the cunning and none of the character to seek to oppose us. For it was - and always has been - the English who have ventured always to despoil, deceive, and deject the peoples of all nations to subjugate to their fat and sinful ways.

"We, therefore, made a decision which our enemies, with their soft hearts, could not understand: the decision to immediately render a solution upon these people, and the decision to secure the safety and future of our people and our children. Whereas our enemies, some among them sympathists with Communards, others among them cowards who believe in the false prophet of the so-called Enlightenment, spoke afoul of our methods and intentions, we knew what we were doing was irreversible - and, more importantly, wholly necessary. We forced the hateful Briton out of his colonists' home and ensured therefore our realm would lack not for the living space of Boer people. It is possible generations hence the soft-hearted - bless their kind souls - will look back on us and call us murderers. But we know that their whole existence is guaranteed by our willingness to be cruel, and our willingness to see past the crocodile tears of the wretched enemies of our people.

"For it is not, as must be said, the prerogative of the strong to yield to the weak - the weak always give themselves unto the strong, as the principles of the strong demand it. When the tables have turned and the weak make demands of the strong, the weak have become the strong and the strong have become the weak. There is no true appeal to egalitarianism that exists in the real course of life: there is only culture and race. We knew, as the British insisted on imprisoning us in camps and forcing us out of our homes in all the century past, that they would never willingly come to us and offer an apology. We knew then, as we know now, that the only advocate we could count on was our own.

"Now, it is true that our nation is newly embroiled in war. No doubt you, as am I, are threatened, perhaps even anxious by this occurrence. What of our brothers of enterprise and our industry so determined and dedicated, who now have their necks laid down upon the altars of foreign devilry? Who shall speak for them, indeed? No alliance could save us from this engagement - no alliance did save us from this engagement. We stand alone on the edge of the world, thousands of kilometers from our ancestral home, but possessing now a land and identity which we have made our own by our blood, sweat, and tears. Now the hated Oriental, the hated Briton, and the hated Portuguese conspire against us. Yes, the international British conspiracy has even dominated our ancestral homelands of the Dutch and the Deutsch. We may hope their people may someday throw off the shackles of the hated Briton, but we can count on nothing except the currency of Action. There is only one guarantee in this world: death - and only one security: will.

"Our will shall thus create for our people and our nation a great new security, though they with their soft hearts may not want it. A tide is coming, great and terrible, which will reveal to every Boer with pride and dignity in himself and his race the great purpose of our nation and our all-important right to exist. No foreigner can overcome this feeling except by total domination, subjugation, and enslavement of our species. It is indeed up to us to choose our destiny and invest in the new movement of our people, who will create and secure the boundaries of our nation against all challengers. For it is not the privilege of Britons, Jews, Portuguese, and Orientals that have made the Boer nation great. It was our own sweat, our own toil, and our own blood.

"Now we live in the shadows. Now we do what we can to advocate for our people though they may not know better. Now we do what we must, because we can. But someday soon, whether this war ends in disgrace or dignity, our people will awaken from their sleep, and all foreigners and their gophers will be uprooted. Today the Nasionale Völkische Bröderbond meets in darkness and accepts this burden with grateful dignity. Twenty years hence, nations far and wide will look upon our purity with begrudging admiration. We will be, as we are destined to be, respected, loved, and feared by the community of nations as a fearsome nation with a state thus suited, and an ambition that cannot be resisted.

"No matter how this conflict ends, Boerika prevails."

The thumping of the tables came, and de Berge stood back from the podium into the darkness slightly, reaching into his jacket pocket for a handkerchief to dab at his forehead. Long had he awaited this day, and though the candles burned low, the fire within roared furiously.

Broederbond.jpg

Last edited:
DNR_hungary_vignette.png

Die Nasionale Ricardo, Tue. 15 aug 1893. Editorial van Wilhelm Abraham MacDonald

Last edited:
Some numbers and stuff for the Pacific Directory
Spoiler :
Capital: Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky
Total Population: 460,000
Total Land Area: 4,609,000 km^2

National Symbols:
National Animal: Siberian Husky
National Fish: Coho Salmon
National Flag: (in progress)
National Tree: Elfin Cedar
National Flower: Pedicularis Lanata
National Gemstone: Jade​

Administrative Regions: The Pacific Directory is broadly divided into four administrative regions (Krais) and the Yukon Territory. Vankuver Krai is the most populous, with 190,000 citizens, and Alaska is the least populous, with 30,000.

Kamchatka Krai
Capital: Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky
Population: ~70,000, Primarily Russian with a substantial and undocumented Chutchki minority
Region: Modern-day Kamchatka, Kolyma Oblast, Chukotka Okrug
Emblem: Three Volcanoes

Khabarovsk Krai
Capital: Khabarovsk (founded on the northern bank of the Amur by the Pacific Directory in 1858 instead of the southern bank)
Population: ~180,000, primarily Russian with substantial Tungusic minorities
Region: Modern Khabarovsk
Emblem: Husky Head

Alaska Krai
Capital: Novo-Arkhangels (Sitka)
Population: ~30,000, Primarily Inuit and Yupik with substantial Russian, Chinese and Korean populations
Region: Modern state of Alaska
Emblem: Big Dipper and Polaris

Vankuver Krai (Purchased from British during the Atlantic War)
Capital: Vancouver (city and island kept British spelling)
Population: 190,000, Primarily British and American with substantial Pacific Northwest Coast Peoples, Metis, Chinese, Korean, Russian, and Japanese populations
Region: Modern British Columbia west of the Coast Range and the Puget Sound
Emblem: Sunrise over Water

Yukon Territory
Administrative Center: Dyachenko Ostrog
Population: 317 Russians, Unknown indigenous population
Region: Canadian Yukon, Northwest Territory
Emblem: None​

Government:
High Board of Directors: The rank of Director is equivalent to Rear Admiral or Lieutenant General. The rank of Chief Director is equivalent to Vice Admiral or General.
Chief Director Grigori Volya
Director of Maritime Affairs Fyodor Stravinsky
Director of Cultural Affairs Vitus Demidov
Director of Terrestrial Affairs Rogvolod Kasteen​

Petropavlovskaya Krepost (often shortened to Petrokrepost or just the Krepost):
The administrative hub of the Pacific Directory. Controlled directly by Chief Director Grigori Volya. Primarily located in the Petropavloskaya Krepost, the growing fortress at the heart of the Transpacific capital of Petropavlovskaya, but its officers are located in every major city and town. They have the authority to overrule those of equivalent rank in the other kreposts around the Directory when it comes to enforcing Petro Krepost’s policies.

Also under Petrokrepost’s control is the Department of Scientific Affairs, charged with all manner of scientific and technological development in the Pacific Directory. As of 1893 this is largely bringing the various other departments up to level with Russian, North German, and Japanese standards, but at Chief Director Volya’s insistence they’ve begun producing their own work, namely the formalization of Statistical Theory. By necessity they work closely with the other departments and can offer suggestions to them, suggestions with the weight of Petrokrepost behind them
Department of Maritime Affairs
Is tasked with overseeing all salt-water based activities in the Directory. The overwhelming importance of fishing, whaling, and water-based trade to the Directory makes them the most influential of the Director-led Departments. While Cultural Affairs ostensibly has control over international trade, in reality virtually no trade is possible without Maritime Affairs’ consent.

Transpacific Navy
The flagship and only true capital ship of the Pacific Directory Navy is the PDS General-Admiral, a twenty-year old armored cruiser, often considered the first true armored cruiser in the world.
There are a dozen other combat-ready ships, primarily gunboats and corvettes but also including a pair of armored frigates, in the First Squadron that are primarily on patrol duty along the Directory’s extensive coastline. One of these frigates, the elderly Amerika, is acting as the flagship for the Eastward Push while the bulk of the actual exploration is done by smaller craft, namely the corvettes Opyt, Korietz and Sivuch.​
Department of Cultural Affairs
Is tasked with overseeing virtually all social and cultural matters in the Directory as well as a great deal of control over international negotiations, particularly with regards to immigration. The broadness of this mandate makes them the second most influential of the Director-led Departments. While they’re less overtly militarized than Maritime and Terrestrial Affairs, they have an extensive and highly trained network of agents and fronts to enforce the Directory’s will. The most obvious of their tools is the Pacific Press, but they also effectively control the Transpacific Bank and use it to manipulate businesses and migrants via loans. The recent takeover of several artels by the Directory has led to inter-departmental strife as both Cultural and Terrestrial Affairs claim they fall under their domain.
Department of Terrestrial Affairs
Is tasked with overseeing all land and freshwater based activities in the Directory. While not as influential as Cultural and Maritime Affairs, it is expected to grow in prominence as industries begin to take root in the Directory and deposits of coal, iron, and various precious metals are found. It supplies and maintains the various kreposts from which the navy operates and runs the larger overland trade incursions with the Yupik, Inuit, and Chuchki peoples. They maintain and patrol the Manchurian, Deseret, and, to a lesser extent, the Iron Confederacy and Siberian borders. Finally the Civil Conscription Corps program is under their purview.
Department of Business Affairs (Proposed)
Adding a fourth Director-level department is being proposed by the owners of several major artels as a way to manage the government-owned artels in an effective manner. They naturally put themselves forward as the best suited for the Directorship. This idea has some support from Chief Director Volya and Director Stravinsky, who have been encouraging it as the compromise solution for adminstrating them, but such a dramatic alteration to the structure of the government would require the support of either Director Kasteen or Director Demidov as well to be implemented.​

Last edited:
Organizational announcement: I just found out that Regional Influence was weirdly assigned in the Amazon Region, so I corrected that mistake. Portugal-Brazil has gained most of the regional influence in that part of the continent rather than the United Communes of the Andes. Just be aware.

Top Bottom