December World - game thread

Needing to drop, sorry!

One Hungary please.
You're welcome to join. Just be aware, Hungary is in dire straits, fighting against a coalition of Directorial Russia, North German Federation, Poland, Austria-Bavaria, and Italy. If you're fine with the odds, welcome to the game. The economic, diplomatic, and domestic orders deadline has already passed, but you still have time until January 19th to write up Hungary's military orders. You've got 28 corps and 2 naval squadrons (river flotillas), and the last update will brief you on the status of things on the frontlines.

If you wish to join as a different nation, let me know what you're looking for, and I'll suggest some open nations for you.

Thanks for the heads up. Really I'm best with/enjoy statecraft and politics, solving issues and such. I'd like a country whose policies can still have a significant effect on the world at large, but isn't headed for a war anytime soon. If no countries fitting that description are available, just give me a minor nation that isn't in danger of collapse anytime soon.

I can recommend the Iron Confederacy for their interesting position stuck between Russian Pacific Directorate, Union of America (who I'm fairly certain has laid claims on their territory), and Confederate States of America. They are a nation of Native Americans who have so far, been rather isolationist, but that can change. Russia and China have certainly announced interests in protecting the Iron Confederacy, and with clever enough politicking it is rather possible for the Native Americans to carve out their own place on North America.

Sweden and Denmark-Norway is located in the Scandinavian region, under the influence of North German Federation (me), especially Sweden in which I have large influence over their foreign and economic policy. They are a strong, rising power, nonetheless, and with continued German or even Russian investment, may grow to be a regional power in the Baltics.

Siberian Autonomy is a Russian-aligned government in charge of central Siberia. Politics and statecraft are likely to be boring, except maybe with the small exception of the excitement along the Ma border (unlikely).

Toucouler Empire is an African kingdom located roughly in Mali, with Maghrebi to the north and British West African colonies to the South. With Maghrebi help, they could *feasibly* build enough armed forces to protect themselves from the whims of the Europeans, but I wouldn't count on it.

Porto-Brazil is a major power who just literally dropped (and so may be on cool down), but they are *probably* about to go to war unless they get the hell out of Colombia or accept some compromise or come to an arrangement with some of the powers involved in the Colombian crisis.

Thanks for the heads up. Really I'm best with/enjoy statecraft and politics, solving issues and such. I'd like a country whose policies can still have a significant effect on the world at large, but isn't headed for a war anytime soon. If no countries fitting that description are available, just give me a minor nation that isn't in danger of collapse anytime soon.
Oof, you threw me a curveball with that "not heading for a war anytime soon" part, but I I can still present you some valid, albeit slightly more regional powers:
  • Siberian Popular Assembly (Dominion of Directorial Russia)
  • Ukrainian Hetmanate
  • United Baltic Duchies
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Moravia
  • Caucasian Imamate
  • Qajar Persia
  • Dai Viet

Oh yeah Persia existed.

The Iron Confederacy would need a sponsor (russiarussiarussiarussia) to do much if you want to be able to do anything in the short term. They're playable, but lack a fair bit of agency at the moment outside of diplomacy. The Union has also made claims to chunks of their territory, so a war is possible though not as likely now as it was last turn.

I'd also suggest Poland. They're currently involved in the Hungarian war, but are on the winning side (unfortunately their's is the only front the allies are losing ground on, but I expect that won't ultimately matter). Otherwise they're more or less in the same boat as Norway/Sweden, just with more independence and resources to play with.

Siberia is strong and very well-protected between its standing army, Russia's protection, and no neighbors who can threaten it. Its politics are boring at the moment but that's because none of the players are bothering to mess around in central asia very much. You'd definitely have the opportunity to shake that up though. Also you'd be on the winning side and part of the unstoppable juggernaut that is the Russian Directories. Go Team Russia!

Picking an African and getting a European sponsor could be fun. The only nation doing much in south africa right now are the Boers, so you'd have plenty of room to play around in.

Porto-Brazil is strong but has a lot of baggage you'd need to sort out. I wouldn't recommend it jumping in blind.

Switzerland is my backup nation. Grrr

There's also the Discord, where you can talk in REAL TIME about things.

The Confederate States of America support and sign the Treaty of American Independence.

Additionally, the CSA extends that guarantee to all other states in North America, from Haiti to Quebec to the Union of the Americas to Mexico.

The independent nations of the Americas, having executed Article 5 of the Monroe Declaration, called upon an International Commission composed of the original signatories - the Union of North-America, the Confederacy, Mexico, the Andes, and the Centroamerican Federation - and the Pacific Directory, and hereby agree to the following statement:

1) In accord with Article 3 of the Monroe Declaration, "To co-operate vigorously against European attempts to intervene in the domestic affairs of independent American nations," demand that:
i) All European powers refrain from military involvement in the Gran Colombian Civil War, and
ii) All European powers, include the Portugal-Brazil, evacuate any military units presently stationed in Gran Colombia;

2) Invoking Article 4 of the Monroe Declaration, "To pursue the eventual independence of the entire western hemisphere from European rule," support the Parliament of Gran Colombia as the legitimate authority of Gran Colombia, and reject the legitimacy of the Twin-Crowns of Portugal-Brazil in Gran Colombia.

Signed,
President Marco DeLuna
United Communes of the Andes

Monroe Declaration on the Columbian Situation

Signed,
Chief Director Grigori Volya
Pacific Directory

Top Bottom