December World - game thread

Pacific Directory

Opens borders for refugees from the coming conflict while frantically trying to figure out what's going on and why our friends are fighting.

The German Chancellor

The Qing have reached out to multiple parties to initiate an aggressive war against us. We decided to pre-empt them. That's the plain and simple truth.

The German Chancellor

The Qing have reached out to multiple parties to initiate an aggressive war against us. We decided to pre-empt them. That's the plain and simple truth.
I would like to see your proof for this.

I somehow don't think that's best diplomatic practice.

I don't think that's best diplomatic practice either...

The German Chancellor

We would like to note that the Qing is more or less allied with us, and they have never informed us of such desires or plans. Either they are completely incompetent or there is something fishy with your evidence.

We will await for Qing to explain themselves before making further statements.

Friends, I don't see why this must be settled with bloodshed. I'm sure if you both sat down and talked it over it'd become clear this is all a colossal misunderstanding. Why don't you discuss it in neutral ground, somewhere that hasn't interfered in your affairs. Perhaps Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky? We have made great progress is fermenting whale meat and our fried salmon is to die for. The last thing anyone wants is for East Asia to devolve into chaos while a neutral party sells guns and whale oil to both sides. That would be terrible.

The Porto-Brazilian governor of Macao has announced he has finished his after-dinner port and will retire to his chambers this evening with a few well-endowed native women.

No word as of now has been issued on the Taiping-Qing dispute, with the press secretary offering only emphatic shrugs

Statement from the Qing

The Taiping are great and mighty. We only wish for the assurance and safety of our own people.

Provided the Qing surrender we will guarentee that. Furthermore, as a gesture of good will we will allow those who might wish to leave to leave for a mutually agreeable neutral state.

Russia is not comfortable with the dissolution of the Qing state.

From the Sikh Empire
To the world
CC Ma Dynasty, Tibet

As tensions in the east are rising, Sarkar-i-Khalsa is announcing that it is extending its benevolent protection to the noble realm of Tibet and the Ma domain. Do not dare to touch them, unless you wish to face the might of Fauj-i-Ain army.

OOC: surprised that Tibet would be okay with that considering their history...

OOC: Tibet has more issues with Nepal and China than with Punjab.

Also, just a note for those of you who draft their war orders right now, here's some info on regional logistics:
Manchuria-Korea can support 10 Corps (on all sides combined) total without any logistical issues, and up to 15 Corps with some logistical difficulties. Having more than that on that front would result in the more numerous/attacking army experiencing crippling debuffs.

For the Huanhe Region, the logistical situation is better: up to 23 corps on both side with no issues, up to 34 with some difficulties. If you manage to squeeze in more, I'll applaud you for trying and give you debuffs.

Crisis diplomatic statements in regards to the Taiping-Qing war are being accepted for another 8 hours. After that point, no more declarations of war are accepted.

Moving forward, crisis-related diplomatic statements and declarations of war will have a shorter deadline, so that players of warring nations could be more certain about their war orders.

No more declarations of war are accepted for Turn 1. The Taiping Heavenly Kingdom and the Qing Dynasty are the only participants of the Taiping-Qing war for this turn. @Masada , @justokre - please feel free to draft your military orders with that assumption.

No more orders for Turn 1 are being accepted past this point.

Expect to see the update next week. It's gonna be good.

Yay! I'm excited to see how you run this game Ahigin. Reading all the rules and national backgrounds I was filled with humility and admiration. You have my full support. Go and accomplish greatness!

Oh, and: may da Chicago Bears the Boers forever be free!!!

Top Bottom