decided to buy the game. need warlords?

ash874

Warlord
yes after 5 years or so the decision has been made. the problem is that these things cost a lost of money here (about 70 dollars for each of the expansions packs). so do i need warlords to play ffh? and can i buy it through the internet in more reasonable american prices. link pls. (i am not from the US so there is also the shipping cost problem)

You could buy it online, and download it too. Try steam-http://store.steampowered.com/.

Just buy the base and beyond the sword.

You only need beyond the sword. Beyond the sword contains everything warlords does bar the scenarios I believe.

Nope, you dont need warlrds to play. Just Civ4 and Beyond the Sword.

i feel privileged. thanks everybody. metushelah you seem to be from around.. where did you buy the game?

i feel privileged. thanks everybody. metushelah you seem to be from around.. where did you buy the game?

I got mine off Amazon

You only need beyond the sword. Beyond the sword contains everything warlords does bar the scenarios I believe.

There are also a handful of leaders that are Warlords specific, I believe.

I was actually quite pissed when I saw that practically everything important from Warlords was in BtS. Why exactly did I waste my money on it? So I could have vassal civs, triremes and trebuchets for a year's worth of games before a real expansion pack came out? Balderdash.

There are also a handful of leaders that are Warlords specific, I believe.

I was actually quite pissed when I saw that practically everything important from Warlords was in BtS. Why exactly did I waste my money on it? So I could have vassal civs, triremes and trebuchets for a year's worth of games before a real expansion pack came out? Balderdash.

All the leaders are in BtS too. Its only the Warlords scenarios that are missing.

I was actually quite pissed when I saw that practically everything important from Warlords was in BtS. Why exactly did I waste my money on it?

To mod? If you download a unit that wants the animation files from a unit in a Warlords scenario it can be a huge headache if you don't have Warlords. It's bad enough if you *do* and have to figure out where the unit is...

That's the only reason I found to be glad I have Warlords.

To mod? If you download a unit that wants the animation files from a unit in a Warlords scenario it can be a huge headache if you don't have Warlords. It's bad enough if you *do* and have to figure out where the unit is...

That's the only reason I found to be glad I have Warlords.

All the animation files from warlords are all included in BtS too. Its really only the scenarios that are missing.

Download with Steam?...
ooops, be aware that the steam system is pretty stiff and will install an added software into your computer. Be sure you agree with their terms before buying and installing...

Did you try 2nd hand on Ebay? You should be able to find sellers who are willing to ship it to Israel.

Otherwise, you can try www.game.co.uk they do deliver to Israel (http://www.game.co.uk/Help/~h9846/Despatch/Countries/)
I would then advise you to buy the package "Civ 4 Complete", which has all 3 Civs (original + warlords + beyond teh sword), for a price lower than buying the original (vanilla) and the expansion BTS. It is currently at 18 £ + shipping.
http://www.game.co.uk/PC/Strategy/TurnBased/~r332037/Sid-Meiers-Civilisation-4-Complete/
Keep in mind thought that you might have to pay for the Customs when reaching Israel. I don't know how it works for you...
As far as I can see (http://www.game.co.uk/Help/~h9845/Despatch/Postage/), the shipping cost should be:
USA & Rest of the World: Royal Mail, 4 to 6 business days, £4.95 per order

To be honest, for the pleasure of playing FFH2, I find this cost acceptable!!!

In my experience, the first expansion is often like a really, really big patch with some goodies thrown in. Then comes the second one and knocks your socks off.

Top Bottom