1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

decided to buy the game. need warlords?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by ash874, Jan 31, 2009.

1. ash874

ash874 Warlord

yes after 5 years or so the decision has been made. the problem is that these things cost a lost of money here (about 70 dollars for each of the expansions packs). so do i need warlords to play ffh? and can i buy it through the internet in more reasonable american prices. link pls. (i am not from the US so there is also the shipping cost problem)

2. FireBlaze

FireBlaze King

You could buy it online, and download it too. Try steam-http://store.steampowered.com/.

Just buy the base and beyond the sword.

3. Methuselah

Methuselah King

You only need beyond the sword. Beyond the sword contains everything warlords does bar the scenarios I believe.

4. Kael

Kael Deity

Nope, you dont need warlrds to play. Just Civ4 and Beyond the Sword.

5. PekkaR

PekkaR Chieftain

Look for the Civ IV Complete pack. It was released 4-5 months ago. Contains the vanilla game and both expansions for less than half the original launch price of Civ IV.

6. ash874

ash874 Warlord

i feel privileged. thanks everybody. metushelah you seem to be from around.. where did you buy the game?

7. Methuselah

Methuselah King

I got mine off Amazon

8. ash874

ash874 Warlord

i just checked and i dont think they send it to israel...
    so i guess i was mistaken and you are not from around.
    so he is called metushelah in your version of the bestseller too?

9. Izmir Stinger

Izmir Stinger Deity

There are also a handful of leaders that are Warlords specific, I believe.

I was actually quite pissed when I saw that practically everything important from Warlords was in BtS. Why exactly did I waste my money on it? So I could have vassal civs, triremes and trebuchets for a year's worth of games before a real expansion pack came out? Balderdash.

10. Kael

Kael Deity

All the leaders are in BtS too. Its only the Warlords scenarios that are missing.

11. Tarquelne

Tarquelne Follower of Tytalus

To mod? If you download a unit that wants the animation files from a unit in a Warlords scenario it can be a huge headache if you don't have Warlords. It's bad enough if you *do* and have to figure out where the unit is...

That's the only reason I found to be glad I have Warlords.

12. Izmir Stinger

Izmir Stinger Deity

Major ripoff, then.

13. Kael

Kael Deity

All the animation files from warlords are all included in BtS too. Its really only the scenarios that are missing.

14. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Firaxis often make a sucky 1st expansion and then a great 2nd one. It's tradition really.

15. jprc

jprc My dog is smarter than me

Download with Steam?...
    ooops, be aware that the steam system is pretty stiff and will install an added software into your computer. Be sure you agree with their terms before buying and installing...

Did you try 2nd hand on Ebay? You should be able to find sellers who are willing to ship it to Israel.

Otherwise, you can try www.game.co.uk they do deliver to Israel (http://www.game.co.uk/Help/~h9846/Despatch/Countries/)
    I would then advise you to buy the package "Civ 4 Complete", which has all 3 Civs (original + warlords + beyond teh sword), for a price lower than buying the original (vanilla) and the expansion BTS. It is currently at 18 £ + shipping.
    http://www.game.co.uk/PC/Strategy/TurnBased/~r332037/Sid-Meiers-Civilisation-4-Complete/
    Keep in mind thought that you might have to pay for the Customs when reaching Israel. I don't know how it works for you...
    As far as I can see (http://www.game.co.uk/Help/~h9845/Despatch/Postage/), the shipping cost should be:
    USA & Rest of the World: Royal Mail, 4 to 6 business days, £4.95 per order

To be honest, for the pleasure of playing FFH2, I find this cost acceptable!!!

16. wilboman

wilboman Hibernorse Frost Giant

In my experience, the first expansion is often like a really, really big patch with some goodies thrown in. Then comes the second one and knocks your socks off.