Definitive buildings

Thumbs up :goodjob: If you need help with non-3ds technical stuff of Civ4 buildings let me know (e.g. with nifskope to make nifs from 3ds models).

I will be needing help with nifs, that is for sure. But i am not at that point yet. After two days all i can make is this, although i discovered that 3dsmax can work in the same way as Bryce too, so this speeds up the learning curve a lot:

Download and install Niftools from Sourcforge for 3ds Max (plug-in) and you can open and save NIF and KF files.

I use it heavily to do 3d model conversions, it's pretty easy to use, just like opening anything else. I'm not sure if saving a nif has to have specific settings, there is a civ 4 thread in reference to this somewhere.

Is that above from Bryce or 3ds?

Not hard to turn Civ 4 finished improvemnets into Civ 3 ones as was mentioned above. I did this with my Wood Elf Buildings pack. Just opened them in NifSkope, zoomed to the right size, rotated to the right angle and took a screenshot then cut 'n' paste to make a Civ 3 building. There may be more sofisticated ways to do this but the cut 'n' paste screenshot method worked fine for me.

Nick

The Panagia has been completed :)

However i am having difficulty with saving as a nif. I cannot find the nif i saved anywhere!

Also when i emport as a 3ds file, how can i include the textures in it?

I believe the 3ds file will include where it got the textures from... but the texture files themselves must be sitting in the same directory (if they are not found in a specified directory per the Material Library [M]) for it to find them. Is this what you mean?

Have you tried saving the NIF again to a specific directory and then looking there? :)

Fantastic job BTW.. looks great!

That castle looks very interesting, but i only make buildings i can use in cities first of all, and i have no plans for any germanic set.

I understand. I meant to ask for the castles as city graphics but I guess this is the wrong thread for that request: "Definitive Buildings". My mistake :blush:

Good job on the French cathedral by the way. :goodjob:

Why does the castle have to be green and remind me of a sorrowful event taking place earlier today?

It was green since half an aeon now, don't you remember the terrain graphic?

And i just woke up from a nightmare. Third one in a row these days... Maybe that Nox Arcana music i was listening to last night had something to do with the latest one.

Btw there is a very visible double shadow in the Brioude graphic. Does it look annoyingly un-natural?

Top Bottom