Deirdra's picture

Should we change Deirdra's picture?

• Total voters
I'm attempting to find the artist of the current pic used for Deirdra and contact them. I was told that the artist does not approve of having their art used, which is actually how/why I found this FFH (which seems weird to say... 'Yeah, I found about the Civ modding community through a thread about art thief on a watercolor board'). But that's a case of 'he said/she said'- someone who 'knows' the artist rather then the artist themselves. If the artist is who I believe they are, I believe they did other art in a similar style to the one used. They may have done one of a girl that might work better then the guy art being used, if they're cool with having art used. Although you guys seem pretty attached to the current art...

As for the barbarian orc female pic.. I really like the way she has a dead hamst... euh racoon impaled on her weapon.... :D

If this is a female orc... I don't see how (actual) sheelba cannot be fully orc.
Compare amely moresmo to sharon stone and you have the difference between this brutish female orc and sheelba.
point is closed, Sheelba has the current face because : 1) female orc are prettier than males ; 2) Sheelba is in the prettier half (tenth) of the female orc.

for deirdra.. I don't care. Its a guy so it's a guy. If he wants his subject to think he is a woman, it's his own issue. I already said the picture showed someone unbalanced ... well "lost in dark thoughts"

:D
who cares ;)
I like my interpretation better.
Furthermore,
-in LOTR orc are deformed elf, (blackish or grayish)
-in forgotten realms and warhammer, orcs are greenskin, orcs.
- in FFH orcs are deformed Bannor. THEY ARE NOT LOTR ORCS nor WARHAMMER ORCS : Why should they be 1)greenskins ? (look at some icones on the orc units in FFH :Rantin is brown, with green painting, Orthus is cadaver-white, warriors are gray...Etc, only the 3D units are green)
2) why ever should the femal orc be as ugly as Orthus ?

Rather, why should females be pretty? Oh yes, because there's a big male audience ;)

Rather, why should females be pretty? Oh yes, because there's a big male audience ;)

My female (and supposedly lesbian) maths teacher used to say, that beautiful women are needed to make up for ugly men. :lol:

O.K. ... back to deidra... sheelba can remain how "she" is, otherwise open a new thread. I liked the "androgyn" pic of deidra, but I like this one too:

http://fantasyartdesign.com/free-wallpapers/digital-art.php?i_i=1131&u_i=1023&count=1

bit more agressive, 100% women, no pants, and nice background... kind of fits to the wind mana affinity.

P.S.: I don't know how to show graphics, pics, etc. :blush: copy-paste doesn't work...

Far to scantily clad IMO.

do you know how a feminist answers to this? :lol:

Men are afraid of powerful women because of a) it means more competition in power games

b) unlikely to most women the power games are very important to men's self esteem and therefore the worst thing for the men is to hear that women does not recognize "the power of men"

that's why, according to feminists, men prefere to see woman as "weak and all thing related to this - nurturing ang caring, as far from battlefield as possible."

oh and men demand beautiful women only because of those poor men need desperately to bump up their own self esteem

that is what feminist say. take it as you want.:)

There's no real relation between being pretty & power. Though there is a relation between the beauty of a woman and the weakness of a man ;)

mo123567 said:
Yeah I realized that you guys were already going to keep the guy pic for Deirdra. If it really bothers me it is easy to change the pic. Thanks for reminding me that my opinion doesn't matter though. :cry:

Ahem, it should be noted that as of right now there are 36 who agree with devs and 21 who like pie.

can you translate... pleazzze. I'm deutsch/italiano and understand nothing of this...

http://www.leo.org/

Edit: Seeing how the views of the team differ from the views of the majority, what are our chances for an alternate image to be included in the launcher?

well I'm being lost here.

How does a pretty/beautiful woman bump the self esteem of a man ?
It is only for the pleasure of the eyes.

Is sheelba pretty.. no. but I like her.. it's the "charisma" of the picture.

Why should females be pretty... Answer : why not ?

But if you really want to make an old Hag-like leader, I'm all for it.

I agree with the question : "why all female are scantly clad ?"
But I disagree with "why shall they be pretty" :D

as for the last linked image : even if the girl is quite beautiful I think the image is totally not appropriate for Deirdra !
defects of the image :
-very big Br... + not pants => stereotypical fantasy illustration that you won't ever find a description in the actual story of the fantasy book you are reading,
-wears almost nothing but it looks like it is an accomplished warrior (due to the axes) and a warrior should know the interest of armor and clothes : to protect your body, mask your shape, hide the movement you'll make...etc)
-wears almost nothing but Deirdra is supposed to be an accomplished wanderer : you'll need clothes to protect agains cold/heat/rain/ small insects, to have pockets for booknotes and a firekit...Etc
-2axes... WTF?!? who would battle seriously with 2 axes save some Berserkir ? 2blades can sometime be understandable, but 2 axes is not believable.
-Deirdra is supposed to be a wanderer /rogue, not a berserkir barabarian .

Being the cynic that I am, there is no "powerful women" or "weak men" explanation, men just enjoy it when women are half-naked. Especially if that woman is pretty.

@Tschuggi In this mod the devs don't want the stereotypical "chainmail bikini" fantasy woman; they want the female leader wearing things they actually would in reality.

huh? what about launcher ??

I was talking about it being made into a module (similar to what Opera said might have happened to the less popular picture of Mahala if there hadn't been a better choice).

I guess my fingers couldn't keep up with my mind when I wrote that post so I left out 2/3 of the sentence which made it pretty unclear. Sorry. :(

Top Bottom