Deirdra's picture

Should we change Deirdra's picture?

• Total voters

Opera

Deity
Okay, in the Mahala's picture, it appeared that some people disliked Deirdra's, which happens to be that of a (androgynous) man. Following a suggestion, I'm starting this new public thread to get opinions and possibly a new picture.

Reminder: http://greyfox.me/rife/wiki/index.php?title=Deirdra

(And yes, this time you can choose pie!)

We need a new one, the current pic is so clearly male that even after reading her lore I didn't wasn't sure if she is really female or if somebody just made a mistake with the pronoun. (I had a lengthy discussion about that with a mp buddy of mine when we first started playing rife.)

/me would vote for no and pie, but since he can vote only for one, he votes for no

oh, Opera changed her avatar ... what happened ? :D

We need a new one, the current pic is so clearly male...

Umm... Really? That picture is "clearly" female. If it's *actually* a picture of a male, then that dude really looks like a chick. Which seems more like his problem than ours... =)

I am surprising myself here, but I actually like the current pic for Deirdre. It is somewhat the point of androgynity(sp?), that you're not neccessary able to decide whether s.one is male or female. Furthermore, I strongly doubt that too many attemps to "test" her were made and survived. ;)

edit:Ignore, Mahala has been taken care of beautifully!

Ummmm, Deirdra is the Austrin leader, not a Sidar leader.

/votes no

I'm alright with it. Looks female to me.

I think the current one is just fine, but the other pic could be for a new leader.

I think Deidra is fine. I never questioned her gender - I was pretty sure she was female (and even though I may be wrong in regards to what the artist intended, the picture certainly looks more female than male). I looked around for another picture but nothing I found was really "Deidra-like".

Well, given her name, I never thought she might not be female to be honest. I voted Yes! but I'm now leaning towards keeping her art and using the one I suggested for a new leader; in which case that would be the first revealed one :p

I never really questioned Dierda's gender because it's clearly a female name with feminine clothes, but now that it's mentioned the face does look kinda male. That being said, I have no opinion either way so I'm voting for pie.

I always thought Deirdra was a male (albeit, a very feminine looking male) until I noticed Falamar giving me the "You Are Charming" attitude bonus and then reading her 'pedia entry. The name is rather obscure that, whilst it sounds more feminine than masculine, it could pass for either. Her face is rather androgynous but her outfit makes me think of something a male aristocrat would wear (in particular, the outfit makes me think of vampires). Considering Deirdra is an explorer, it occurs to me that her outfit is rather inappropriate for exploring (although justifiable to be worn in a city setting, but I'd consider a more explorer-esque outfit more appropriate for her).

@Dissonance: I'm not an overwhelming fan of either picture but of the two I think the first one is better suited (and speaking of outfits, the outfit in the first picture is what I'd have expected from an explorer).

I never doubted deidra's gender... I always thought it was a guy with a girlish name :/ (and never read the prose on her life). Or maybe a shakespearian poet or an intellectual prince with a mind fixated on dark thoughts... (you know late renaissance's era young men could look a bit effeminate)

knowing it is a girl... well.. it's obvious. change her to the second pic.

Top Bottom