Deity Carthage

yyeah

Emperor
Ok so this will be last one from this "series", dont want to spam too much ;)
We are playing this guy...

Spoiler :

And hes hungry :devil:

Map settings:
B&S
Massive continents
low sea lvl
Islands, Islands mixed in
10 random ais
Huts and Events off

start:

Buffy 3.19

Attachments

• Hannibal BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    57 KB · Views: 77
Good luck!

Your last couple of threads inspired me to start playing civ again :goodjob:

I've played turns into this game,
Most things I did seemed to backfire :woohoo:

Situation @ 2000 BC :

Spoiler :
a) Opener :
Moved Warrior 1SW, revealed gems, decided to SIP regardless so as not to risk losing a food special...
... missed on the 1SE settling location, grabbing corn, pigs, gold, gems.

Pondered warrior first vs worker first. Went for the worker. Both choices are valid, imho.
Tech path : Agri, BW, AH, HBR.

b) Sent Warrior south, met Mansa (wrong dude !), stole a worker.
So I could get back home with an extra worker and that was it. No more gains.

c) Settled 4 early cities while teching to HBR.

d) Had this near death experience :

Another Skirm 3S of Utica.
Still need The Wheel, Hunting and Archery before stabilizing.
Need an off turn to switch into Slavery (and gain the ability to whip warriors :woohoo:)

Warriors die like flies to Skirmishers, even in jungles and crossing a river.
So I lost 4 warriors and could only kill 1 wounded Skirm with my first chariot...
In the end, I bought peace with Mansa on 1800 BC, offering him HBR in tribute and having only 2 warriors left :woohoo:

On the plus side, securing 4 cities by 2000 BC is rather good.

"The wisest man follows his own direction"

Spoiler :

Doesnt he looks like eloquent ? :lol:

@ BornInCantaloup
Spoiler :

Wow 4 cities@ 2kBC its awsome you are in great position, unfortunately stealing worker from mansa meens that you lost oportunity to bribe him against some1 ;/
Sip is allso great location you secured marble, i moved 1SE not becouse of gems but i just dont like lake starts i need to have river side capitol later on its a huge lost of :hammers: becouse you cant bulid levee.

900 BC :

Spoiler :
Got my 4 granaries, 2 barracks, trained a "horde" of 12 Numidian Cavalries while scouting the map for a target.

Victoria ? Maybe. Caesar ? Maybe. In the end, it would be Mansa Musa again, bribing in Shaka with me.
Mostly I chose Mansa for fear of the "You declared war on our friend" penalties.

In the meantime, I gave in to several demands from the AIs and negociated trade embargoes.

Lay of the land :
Spoiler :

Army :
Spoiler :

That's another reason : Mansa has this size 11 city.
Next turn, he gets Feudalism and upgrades Skirms to Longbows :woohoo:
We can take the city, no problems, but then we'll get stuck for a while, suffering from heavy retaliations :woohoo:
And losing plenty of troops in the process :woohoo:

Eventually, I'll buy peace with Mansa (yet again !) with Aesthetics.

475 BC :

Spoiler :
This is our grab from the Malinese war :
Spoiler :

Lost 10 Numidian Cavs to capture and protect it before suing for peace :woohoo:

Our kills look like this :
Spoiler :

Why I sued for peace is because Genghis dragged me into his war against Victoria, which I accepted.
Time to move the army north and Victoria bribes Caesar against us :woohoo:
This is where the army is standing :
Spoiler :

I've played on but I will reload to this point.
Genghis made yet another demand (for a lump of gold) and I didn't notice that refusal meant war :woohoo:
Also, the two-front thing is a little tough to handle while playing faster than I'm used to.
Namely, I lost Hadrumetum to Victoria's Chariots and Shaka recaptured it in a pinch.

:)

I've played turns into this game,
Most things I did seemed to backfire :woohoo:

Situation @ 2000 BC :

Spoiler :
a) Opener :
Moved Warrior 1SW, revealed gems, decided to SIP regardless so as not to risk losing a food special...
... missed on the 1SE settling location, grabbing corn, pigs, gold, gems.

Pondered warrior first vs worker first. Went for the worker. Both choices are valid, imho.
Tech path : Agri, BW, AH, HBR.

b) Sent Warrior south, met Mansa (wrong dude !), stole a worker.
So I could get back home with an extra worker and that was it. No more gains.

c) Settled 4 early cities while teching to HBR.

d) Had this near death experience :

Another Skirm 3S of Utica.
Still need The Wheel, Hunting and Archery before stabilizing.
Need an off turn to switch into Slavery (and gain the ability to whip warriors :woohoo:)

Warriors die like flies to Skirmishers, even in jungles and crossing a river.
So I lost 4 warriors and could only kill 1 wounded Skirm with my first chariot...
In the end, I bought peace with Mansa on 1800 BC, offering him HBR in tribute and having only 2 warriors left :woohoo:

On the plus side, securing 4 cities by 2000 BC is rather good.

Spoiler :
I haven't played this game yet but getting four cities by 2000BC seems incredible! I have two, maybe three if I think I'm being fast. How did you do it?

@ BornInCantaloup

Spoiler :

Looks preety tough
What i can recall i accepted all demands from them, all, like with this crowd its too risky ... to be honest i was even happy with it.
Picking Mansa as 1st target its i dont know just NC are weaker agaist archers( not that bad with flanking 2, combat 1) Mansa has strong archers and hes teching preety fast so that fast feudalism isnt something unexpected from him.
JC isnt great target too becouse of prets but what i did in this game is i took this W city then another one with 2 archer defending it witch was settled on iron and another 2 cities with cats and WE's.
And LoL, You killed so many longbows skirmishers and stuff and still have 13 unit stack of nC, you didnt even chooped all forest thats impressive.

@ Guspasho :

Spoiler :
Simply chopping.

Capital at size 3 makes 10 hammers/turn towards Settlers, once the floodplains is farmed.
That's 10 turns a settler.
Each chop saves 2 turns. There were 3.
--> Cap has spent 24 turns building settlers.

If the cap focuses on settlers, then the other cities can be tasked with training warriors & workers.
Earlier cities are productive instantly, so they make up for the later workers.
Despite the hammers lost on warriors (vs skirmishers), the stolen worker has contributed to this situation : it helped improve tiles while chopping.
This would be harder with a single worker. I had 2.

:)

@ yyeah :
Spoiler :
True, I made many wrong decisions :)
Only this strong start did keep me afloat.

The standing army is respectable but cities aren't well developed.

In this game i have power.:borg:

Spoiler :

200 years took me to spread this thing around + facts and coles :bounce:
Now i can 1 or 2 turn tanks dont know yet about nukes but... doom is comming to this world :mwaha:.

Edit:

Spoiler :

Washington was in war agains Shaka and Genghis Khan, and he offered vassal state to me. Wasnt realy rdy for this but :mischief:

:lol:
This is so much fun.

@ BornInCantaloup
Spoiler :

Can you trade for Construcion ?, or did oyu consider selftech it ?
I think you dont need to much to backstab some1 :D like 4 cats 2 WE's and you good i think.
2-3 more cities could realy help you.

@ yyeah :
Spoiler :
Your game looks good. Corporations for Conquest, really ?
With what tech & unit did you wage your first war ?
Was it Cuirassiers ? Or War Elephants ? Or Macemen ? I think you didn't use Numidians, right ?

You've got plenty of vassals + tech, now, so there shouldn't be any more difficulties.

My thinking is that the more AIs crowd a map, the more early aggressive action is recommended.
e.g. : I'm pretty sure that building a Warrior first, here, before any worker, is the best line of play :eek:

I don't think I'll play this game out. I've started reloading too much, which kills the suspense.
I'll be happy to sort this one as a loss.

carbon fibre longbow(man) :lol:

@ BornInCantaloup

Spoiler :

Its a lot of :hammers: to faund and spread coprs but i wanted to check it out becouse ...
After cuirassiers rush its a preety big window when you can strike again well sometimes you can with cannons
But what if you need to take out a lot of guys (like here) or you need to take out like huge ai witch is techin fast producing even faster ... ?
Lets take this huge ai eg after cuirassiers you preety much behind in tech so you need to catch up somehow - cottage eco no way - so i was thinking to use this window, and use corps, so even if you catch up him like rly late when hes producing ss parts or something, with corps you have enough :hammers: power to make units (1-2 turn instand of 4-5 turn) and just take him out even in end game witch is realy hard sometimes.
So taht was my starategy.

I have some saves so i make a short writup.

2000BC
In early game yea i wanted to do NC rush. I took worker from JC and yea was getting rdy to rush him i allso wanted, to you know dont let him hook up hes metal.

But unfortunatly he settled on :sad:

I lost some NC to spears and just couldnt take out hes SW city( probably becouse i took hes worker and he started to produce units ealier, and he start to stacking ealier etc etc.), so i decided to cut him of from metal and i just conquered this iron spot becouse there was only 2 archers defending it.

And here you have example why its not worth it to mess with mansa early on.

Traded currancy and HBR for construcion and sth ... i bulid like 3/4 cats 1 WE and took out Rome.
I bribed Shaka in but only what he did is upgrade JC's archer to Garnison 2 :woohoo:, so its just wasnt worth it to try with NC only when i have big guns.

25AD

End of war.

I backstabed Stalin becouse he was in war with Mansa and i had some troops but Mansa had just huge stack and, he justt walk through him.

1st in music lost TGL by 1 turn :cry: plan was to lib MT but Pacal wons it :sad: probably becouse ive lost TGL ...

And from here ive made decision to go for Eco becosue, i had chance to be 1st in it and have freee gm ( 1 gm i did by myself), allso i was breking even at 30% like what the .... i never was brekin even at 30% at this part of game with Fin leader.

Well i know reason, i just didnt bulid some cottages outside capitol and thats why, in my opinion its worth to bulid more cottages instand of farms[offtopic].

1st in eco i did TM so i could run 100% until MT and nobody was near to something dengerous witch could stop my cuirassiers ( 1 more GM to upgrade Knights,1 bulb edu)

Wanted to do 2 bulb Edu but 2 GAs was born instand of GS with like and GM ? i belive. 90% thats just ... no comment, i still have this GA's :woohoo:.

I dont have save when i started cuirassiers rush but have this.
I wanted to go for Genghis Khan but Monty "asked" me for help and i was like why not better take out Mansa now then later when he will be just techin like monster.

And here i was a little bit lucky, Pacal is so close to Rifling and hes techin realy fast too.

I took a look on hes stack after i took out Stalin and he didnt have too much. He allso had holy city witch i wanted for corps ( unfortunatly after i caputred it i noticed that theres no shrine :goodjob:).
So my plan was to take only 1 - 2 cities and take a peace if hits rifling or bulid some cannons and try to take him out with cannons.
But this idiot didnt hit rifling :lol:
I and to take around 7 or 8 hes cities to cap him and he still didnt reserch rifling.

After MT tech streight to Medicine then Railroads then AL and here iam Tanks agains Cuirassiers
:crazyeye:.

1675 AD dom.

Spoiler :

Edit:
What i want to shere with You about this corps in dom/conquest.

Spoiler :

This is my IW, HE city( this isnt like awsome IW city to be honest)

Sushi allows me to work more workshops wihtout too much pain from :yuck:

And mining is just awsome.
1 turn ICBM, 4 turns Manhatan Project.

Random city with MA

2 turns ICBM

Offcourse all other rnd things are 1 turn.

And the point is that in late game in moust cases its just impossible to whip end game army, its just cost too much pop, even with Kremlin. With corps I dont need to whip anything if i can 1 or 2 turn troops.
I have strong mining and sushi here thats true +12 :food: +20 :hammers:, but i think + 8 :food: + 8 :hammers: will do the job.

Top Bottom