[BTS] Deity Shadow Game: Julius Caesar

Update T157:
Spoiler :

After 10 turns was up, I DoWed again on Alex, took a few cities and then extracted Machinery + Aesthetics + Mono
During this time Mehmed decided to attack me! The Grand Ottoman Army of....5 catapults and 1 war elephant showed on my western shoreline. After whipping a couple praetorians and war elephants they were gone pretty quickly. Ottomans give 120 gold for peace. "Developing nations should work together to catch up"...right.

Later, DoWed for final time on Alex, wiped him out this time. I met Pacal, got a map but haven't met the last AI yet (although I can see it is Gilgamesh)

Popped another GS, started a Golden Age with him to get caught back up in tech. I did some trading around with the AIs, but didn't get Lib, although I don't think it matters at this point.

State of the empire:
upload_2019-12-14_10-53-30.png

21 cities, pretty much dominating. Here are the other two continents:
upload_2019-12-14_10-54-26.png

upload_2019-12-14_10-54-41.png

Just need to watch out Pacal doesn't go culture, but I think the game is in the bag by this point! I just got a Caravel out to meet Gilgamesh

Tech situation:
upload_2019-12-14_10-55-28.png

I can still trade Nationalism to Mehmed. Kublai and Vicky are done trading with me (too advanced). With so many cities, I don't think there will be any problems catching up.

@ krikav I did end up cottaging those grasslands around the copper, and was a little careless about my civic switching (I think I wasted a turn of anarchy, but oh well). I think I really lucked out with the awesome land, that helps make up for some mistakes I made.

@Simple Machine
That looks really nice!

Pacal should't be a big problem as he is down at only 5 cities. Also nice is that the trio on the other continent seem to be in a rough balance.
Can't really see, but how is the diplomatic situation?
Looks like Kublai is soon at cuirs, and Mehmed is miles away from rifling so there is some possibilites for instability although it doesn't look likely.
Looks like it is possible that Pacal would peace vassal to Gilgamesh too.

How is the economic situation? Is there alot of forests around some big city in the west? Sparta looks like a nice candidate to get forbidden palace up if you can get it soon enough.
Getting communism would solve the problem too, but I think you might have troubles getting there.

Are you going nationalism to trade with Mehmed?
I think I would just try to self-tech most things now, possible building more workers if you didn't get a ton building cottages/windmills and trying to grow cities.
I would want to go for guilds->banking->economics->constitution->corporations, trying to get astro to get traderoutes with pacal+gilgamesh too.

GA I think was premature, would have endured untill cities where closer to happycap to get more benefit from it.

Difficult to call, but I think you don't have any chance of continuing with rifles/cannons/cavalery, for more warfare I think next stop is infantry and artilery, or possibly straight for tanks+espionage or tanks+bombers.

Top Bottom