Resource icon

Delnar's AI Cleanup 2016-11-06

Did somebody do any tests how this affects turn speed? I play on huge maps, and the game I played before I installed this worked quite okayish in terms of turn speed. However in the current game I can tab out of the game and do some forum browsing in-between. Granted, I've installed a set of other mods as well for this one, so I can't directly relate it to this mod. Maybe someone has made similar observations (or not, both would be helpful).

another thing you'll notice is the game gets slower as the eras progress mostly because there are more cities and units for the ai to manage. Because this mod is better at making the ai settle and grow you may be experiencing lag because there are more cities earlier than your used to.

Delnar, thank for the mod!. It is great, it makes AI much more acvtive than before.
I have couple of things I would like to tweak:

.1 Can we make AI settling slightly slower? It's great when they try to build more cities but sometimes they just settle every single piece of land without even thinking how valuable it is.
Is there a part of code in the modfile I can amend for it? I just want them settling with slightly slower speed so it would make more sense.

2. Also I noticed that AI still doesn't build districts very actively (at least on King difficulty). AI builds religious and commercial districts quite well + constructs harbours and military districts when needed.
Mod improved their ability to build industrial districts so this is where they are ok. However, cultural and science districts are almost completely missed. In my game only 1 AI (from 7) built cultural district and only two built science district. Again, I don't want AI to built science district in every city but at least have one of them per civilisation.

Thanks for the mod!
I'm a complete noob and have never used a mod, let alone made one. But like everyone here, can't stand the vanilla Ai. I would even rather Ai units were super aggressive and just attacked all my units in their paths rather than the stupid dancing they do in front of my cities once they declare war.

Is the "Download now" at the top of the pages the latest version of this mod? I would love to try it.

Also, is it simple to install? (again, excuse my noobishness)

Great mod. It would be nice if the AI always protected their settlers. It makes war too easy and tempting.

Did somebody do any tests how this affects turn speed? I play on huge maps, and the game I played before I installed this worked quite okayish in terms of turn speed. However in the current game I can tab out of the game and do some forum browsing in-between. Granted, I've installed a set of other mods as well for this one, so I can't directly relate it to this mod. Maybe someone has made similar observations (or not, both would be helpful).

The only real problem I've had with turn speeds has been with Gedemon's YNAMP, and that issue was caused entirely by barbarians. Started a new game with barbarians disabled and the speed issue was promptly resolved.

I tried this mod, and on the first turn, the "next turn" button just says "end turn", and it doesn't respond to any click..
It also doesn't change to tech selection, production choice, or unit orders.

Any advice?

Are you sure of that? I have taken a look into Siesta Guru's work (AI+ mod), and it seems he has figured a way to improve the AI settler spot selection (via a "ModdedSettlerSpot" favored item in the behavior tree).
i tried the ai+ for a week ,and i can tell u the ai settlers chose the worst places to settle...no water,no resources ,no nothing,s i agree with delnar's here..

i tried the ai+ for a week ,and i can tell u the ai settlers chose the worst places to settle...no water,no resources ,no nothing,s i agree with delnar's here..

Delnar's approach is slower than others, but it's often correct. Going quickly without understanding creates bugs and issues that become impossible to troubleshoot.

Delnar's approach is slower than others, but it's often correct. Going quickly without understanding creates bugs and issues that become impossible to troubleshoot.

Both IA mods improve the game, for now I play with the last AI+ (which integrate some of Delnar's cleanup) and the experience is very good. Siesma's approach is also slower than other as he seems to spend lot of time trying and testing his changes.

Without them I think the game would be close to unplayable for me, so thank you Delnar and Siesma! :)

So I'm just going to copy this post to all mods I use, because I don't see how anything that isn't a mod can cause it, but I have no idea what it actually is.

(original was posted in bug report)

I don't even know what this is.

Icon: Settler.
Name: Swordsman.
Model: Warrior.
Strength: 25.

Might be a problem caused by mods, because I am running a bunch of them, but I just don't know anymore.

Mods:

AI Cleanup
Fix Unit Production Bug v1.0
Improved Tech Tree
TCS Improved Water Yields 1.2
8 Ages of Pace
AI+
Strategic Industry

------

First I let it go, but now I continued the game, and I came across a second one.

EDIT: Strategic Industry is the culprit.

Last edited:
I am having trouble trying to figure out what this mod does because it has no description. I installed it along with AI+, however I still find AI making dumb decisions (which is ok, I wouldn't expect a mod doing such a great advance so soon, I know it's tremendous hard work), but what annoys me the most is that the AI just spams unit and never upgrades them. Is there any way to address this issue?

I tried this mod, and on the first turn, the "next turn" button just says "end turn", and it doesn't respond to any click..
It also doesn't change to tech selection, production choice, or unit orders.

Any advice?

I added a screenshot:

I've no idea (bug might even be unrelated to the mod), but one thing you can try to do is right click the end turn button. It forces the turn to end even if you still had stuff to do.

I am having trouble trying to figure out what this mod does because it has no description. I installed it along with AI+, however I still find AI making dumb decisions (which is ok, I wouldn't expect a mod doing such a great advance so soon, I know it's tremendous hard work), but what annoys me the most is that the AI just spams unit and never upgrades them. Is there any way to address this issue?
One way to address that but it changes a bit the rules of the game:

https://m.reddit.com/r/civ/comments...alance/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

I have a few points:
1. AI is moving troops into water even if battleships are around - well, than we have a big duck shooting.
Can u make the AI more clever in that case? They should not move lot of troops into the sea to get killed (had that at prince level with Spain and Greece - lot of melee units and no naval units.)
2. AI is spawning city all over the map - consequence: small, valueless Citys everywhere. Almost no districts, lot of farms and mines...

I have a few points:
1. AI is moving troops into water even if battleships are around - well, than we have a big duck shooting.
Can u make the AI more clever in that case? They should not move lot of troops into the sea to get killed (had that at prince level with Spain and Greece - lot of melee units and no naval units.)
+1, I registered just to vent my frustration with this issue, absolutely game breaking.. it is such a joke that this game was released with such trash AI

I really dont like AI+, the ai does focus more on military but hardly builds districts ir developes cities. it makes the first 100 turns a bit harder but then the rest of the game is twice as easy. ill give this mod a shot

Do we know if this mod is still compatible with the AI changed from the Fall patch? I'd like to try it as well but I don't want to invest a lot of time into another game start if the AI is not working due to incompatible changes between the mod and the patch.

Thanks much!

Pre patch, I used to play with this mod and then switched to AI+. However after the patch neither have been updated and AI+ has some negative effects on the AI. Therefore I don't recommend either at the moment. Hopefully a second patch comes soon because I have paused playing the game after seeing how terrible the combat AI is...

Top Bottom