1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Delnar's AI Cleanup 2016-11-06

Delnar's AI Cleanup

Tags:
  1. sresk

sresk Chieftain

Holy cow!!! Your awesome and.... how does something that friggen huge get missed! Actually on a serious not should some of this be posted in the bugs forum to help out the devs for future patches?

2. Delnar_Ersike

Delnar_Ersike Prince

If the devs are indeed looking at the bugs forum (they certainly weren't for Civ5), feel free to link this mod there, because as I said in my original post:

3. Siesta Guru

Siesta Guru Prince

So, it seems that favored="true" does nothing over having it unmentioned, at least when it comes to techs (and the civis/building systems looks very similar in the logds). Only favored="false" seems to actually impact anything, it massively reduces desire by what appears to be a static 10000 'score points' (the scorings are usually somewhere between 200-3000). Putting archery at favored="true" had no noticeable effect on the scores read from AI_Research.log and no one every teched archery, as is usual.
    Since favored=true doesn't seem to do anything it probably means that all those lovely carefully selected tech preferences for leaders in vanilla don't actually do anything.. Hah..

Work around for us may be to make entries for every tech/civic at favored=false and then keep the ones we want boosted unmentioned. Not sure yet if overwriting works with aifavoreditems from multiple sources. Also not sure yet if doing the same for buildings/districts would mess up the ratios of building units vs buildings vs districts etc.

Edit: Okay, it's not just a plain -10000 either, sometimes it decides to have it on, sometimes it decides not to. It rarely seems to have any effect on the techs you can actually research, it appears to mostly impact future techs.
    And sometimes you can even get it doubled or tripled up.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  4. aimlessgun

aimlessgun King

Thanks for all your hard work on this.

I'm seeing the AI still have 3 settlers (and pretty sure not as a result of capture), is the mod supposed to make sure they don't have more than 2?

EDIT: Finding groups of settlers running around the oceans, seeing groups of 6 settlers moving across my lands. Looked at the xml and found the commented part that is supposed to limit them and the value is 2, guess it's not working?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  5. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

It's ridiculous that Firaxis released it's flagship game with such mistakes.
    I simply can't believe the level they ignore the AI and meaningful gameplay... How could they not notice anything like this? How could they ignore the AI so much that they release a Civ game in this form?

I'm starting to give up hope on them; on the hope that their next "perfect" Civ game will not be designed for the casual players mostly :(
    Which is not only composed of shininess and easily marketable things, but have some actual depth behind those, with a functional AI.
    Both Civ V and Civ VI was/is very strong on the first part, but lacks the second big time.

6. Gwydion62

Gwydion62 Warlord

We have a problem that AI cavalry units are not attacking cities - but some Civs are building only horsemen or knights and then you can shoot them from the city walls like ducks...
    Lesser Horse units or let them attack cities (I prefer that one)...
    Do u see a possibility for that?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  7. Horem

Horem Emperor

Have you released a new version since v7? (OP Link takes me to the 31/10/16 version)

8. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

Sorry Horem!! It was another mod that went for 7 to 8, and I just got super excited thinking it was delnars, because I'm linked in to waaay to many threads!!

9. Tommyh1996

Tommyh1996 Chieftain

Hey, I updated the mod, but AI keeps spamming settlers. It seems that is the only thing they are building. Germany turn 50 on epic had 5 cities around, 2 literally on my borders.

10. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

I'm playing Epic speed on Emperor with an extra-huge map and 14 Civs. The AI for the most part is expanding all right using @Delnar_Ersike 's mod, definitely better than Vanilla. It's still hit-or-miss though depending on the civilization. There are four AI's on my continent and after 250 turns - Russia has 8 cities, Greece has 7, Egypt only has 3, and the Aztecs incredibly only have 1. However, on my previous game the Aztecs had six cities (one being a city-state), so I'm assuming there is some randomness or other factors in Settler behavior.

11. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

Hey guys, so I have delnars, AI+ and combined, and I'm noticing half of the civs are pumping out the settlers, and having the cities 4 tiles away.. Germany has like 10 cities in one screen (I am not looking forward to him getting industrial zones!!!!!)

But I'm seriously digging your guys work!!!

12. truetom

truetom Warlord

Same. :)

Hey Littlebob86, I always read your nick as "littleboob", it's very disturbing to look for a boob every time... :crazyeye:

Littlebob86 likes this.
  13. Fierro

Fierro Warlord

It seems they didn't test gameplay at all, but put huge effort on the technical side to ensure that game will not crash etc. (that is good of them). But due to this we don't have adequate AI and UI at laucnh.

14. Tommyh1996

Tommyh1996 Chieftain

I would like to know if the settlers behavior is intended or not. For me, is not fun when a civilization settled 1 tile away from my border when my border have not even expanded. It forces to just go to war and become a warmonger when all I am trying to do is have a peaceful game.

15. Thrax1234

Thrax1234 Chieftain

Firaxis needs to hire Siesta and Delnar and give them whatever they need. Awesome work guys..

Nefelia, Animist7, Mglo and 2 others like this.
  16. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

I seen someone else post they had a problem about enemies not claiming builders and settlers, I just had a game that I was testing and just spamming enter, and I had a second settler just chillin by his lonesome, and a barbarian scout ran next to him, around him, and then left!

Also while I was spamming, one of the scouts went back and a raiding party headed over! (Oh no!!) and 3 bar units surrounded half of my city (There was nothing, just one city that was settled, no units or improvements around), and they stood there for 4 turns and then just headed back for their camp..

17. bombardier

bombardier Chieftain

The main problem is that the ai will never go for a sacrifice, they attack only if they get a least a small victory. So when the citywalls are up a giant stack of units will be just camping, a catapult could fire but the whole area is already blocked by faster units. The barbarians and revolt units are way more aggressive, didn't test the mod yet but this would be major improvement but it could lead to a quick civ annihilation if they are too aggressive.

18. sp00n

sp00n Prince

Did somebody do any tests how this affects turn speed? I play on huge maps, and the game I played before I installed this worked quite okayish in terms of turn speed. However in the current game I can tab out of the game and do some forum browsing in-between. Granted, I've installed a set of other mods as well for this one, so I can't directly relate it to this mod. Maybe someone has made similar observations (or not, both would be helpful).

19. Siesta Guru

Siesta Guru Prince

There's no changes in here that should increase or decrease the framerate by a meaningful amount. There's probably some other reason for increased turn times.

20. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Prince

Have you modified map size? Turn time will greatly increase if you increase the max default (e.g. Gedemon's enormous, giant and ludicrous options for random maps).