Democrat Seantor Evan Bayh Retires

Heh, the modern democrat mantra: "go left or go home'. :lol:

(1) Smaller government, smaller national debt, lower deficits and lower taxes by opposing bills like Obama’s “stimulus” bill
(2) Market-based health care reform and oppose Obama-style government run healthcare;
(3) Market-based energy reforms by opposing cap and trade legislation;
(4) Workers’ right to secret ballot by opposing card check
(5) Legal immigration and assimilation into American society by opposing amnesty for illegal immigrants;
(6) Victory in Iraq and Afghanistan by supporting military-recommended troop surges;
(7) Containment of Iran and North Korea, particularly effective action to eliminate their nuclear weapons threat
(8) Retention of the Defense of Marriage Act;
(9) Protecting the lives of vulnerable persons by opposing health care rationing and denial of health care and government funding of abortion; and
(10) The right to keep and bear arms by opposing government restrictions on gun ownership

:lol:. Now we can agree both parties are fragmented, and divisions within a party are not new nor modern.

I dont think he's quitting mid-term, but just watch what he does in the months after leaving. I believe his wife is already a bigshot lobbyist, and he may be in line for Billy Tauzin's job as a lobbyist for some major industry, probably health and/or pharma.

Thats our system, politicians in Washington expand their power over us in spite of the Constitution, then they use that power to extort campaign contributions from big business. Big business then buys even more influence and we end up with a quasi-fascist system of big govt and big business working together to benefit big govt and big business.

I know he's not technically "quitting" as in he is only not running for re-election. However, if you're a young-ish Congressman who was recently getting bandied about as a VP candidate, and your party likes you because your'e electable in a conservative area, I would think you have a better career ahead of you then most. Cutting it short under those circumstances is, to me, akin to quitting.

Top Bottom