Design Thread - For Discussion and Review

Just decided to share my somewhat industrous France with you:
French Third Republic

Léon Blum

Trente Glorieuses
Upon completing construction of a post-Industrial Building in the :c5capital: Capital receive :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points equivalent to the :c5production: Production spent. Completing a :c5culture: Social Policy Tree will reduce cost of the next policy by 5%

Travailleur Intellectuel
Receive a free Travailleur Intellectuel upon discovering Printing Press. It may write Political Treatsies and upon being expended provides small :c5production: Production bonus within a City unlike the Great Writer it replaces.

Bakery
+1 :c5food: Food and +1 :c5gold: Gold for each worked Bonus Resource. +1 and +10% :c5culture: Culture in Cities during :c5goldenage: Golden Ages, unlike the Hospital it replaces.

I think I'll open a thread for France designs... So much of those around here recently.

Hopefully I'm not the only one here watching him...

Poland(Marbozir)
Spoiler :
UA: Next part
Siege units gain +1% :c5strength: strength and non- siege :c5rangedstrength: ranged units are produced 1% faster per each policy you adopted. Completing :c5culture: social policy trees grants additional yields* from kills.

UU: Dude
Replaces warrior. Starts with the Cover I and "back off" promotion, allowing him to ignore enemy ZOC and granting him +1 :c5moves: movement while in enemy territory. Also has the "like so" promotion, granting him +5% :c5strength: strength while defending in enemy territory and while attacking in friendly territory per each enemy unit in visible range(max. 20%).

UB: Kasl
Replaces castle. Grants +5 XP to newly trained units in the city per each :c5culture: social policy tree you finish and level 3 tenet you adopt. 33% cheaper after adopting an ideology.

With inspiration from the Empires of Sand DLC for TW: Attila

Lakhmid Kingdom:
Leader: Imru’ al-Qays
Unique Ability: Cradle of Arabian Culture: Output of culture and Tourism while at peace is doubled. Religious Buildings, Shrines and Cave Churches also give a Tourism output equivalent to their Faith output upon reaching the Renaissance era.
Unique Unit: Sana’i: Replaces Longswordsman, Increased attack power and every unit it kills gains points towards Great People throughout the Empire.
Unique Building: Cave Church: Replaces Temple, Doubled Faith output than the Temple, +3 Culture, has a free Great Work of Art slot.
Capital: Al-Hirah

Hopefully I'm not the only one here watching him...

Poland(Marbozir)
Spoiler :
UA: Next part
Siege units gain +1% :c5strength: strength and non- siege :c5rangedstrength: ranged units are produced 1% faster per each policy you adopted. Completing :c5culture: social policy trees grants additional yields* from kills.

UU: Dude
Replaces warrior. Starts with the Cover I and "back off" promotion, allowing him to ignore enemy ZOC and granting him +1 :c5moves: movement while in enemy territory. Also has the "like so" promotion, granting him +5% :c5strength: strength while defending in enemy territory and while attacking in friendly territory per each enemy unit in visible range(max. 20%).

UB: Kasl
Replaces castle. Grants +5 XP to newly trained units in the city per each :c5culture: social policy tree you finish and level 3 tenet you adopt. 33% cheaper after adopting an ideology.

Is this a joke?

No, I think this actually fits marbozir.

What? You didn't write a thing?
(Also, sorry for the confusion, tiny)
(So what do you think)

Bismarck revised!

German Empire(Otto Von Bismarck)
Spoiler :
UA: Realpolitik
+1 delegate at the world congress per each :c5capital: capital city(including CS) you own. Upon becoming the host of the world congress, gain an :c5influence: influence boost with all city- states and may* receive a unit from :c5citystate: city- states not allied with other civilizations.

UU: Jäger
Replaces rifleman. Starts with the Shock I promotion. Has the unique "German Force" promotion, allowing it to enter the territory of other civilization if they're at :c5war: war, gaining +10% :c5strength: combat strength per each enemy they have when doing so. +1 :c5strength: strength per each :c5citystate: city state you capture.

UU: Bismarck
Replaces ironclad. Has +1 :c5moves: movement. Also Has the unique "gunboat diplomacy" promotion, granting it 50% more :c5strength: strength near CS territory and allowing it to halt resistance when stationed in a city.

Trajan's Roman Empire, what do you think?

Roman Empire
Trajan​

Pax Romana
Founding or captuing a city gives a large production boost in the capital. Building or purchasing buildings generates Golden Age points.

Alaris (Horseman)
Slightly stronger than the Horseman it replaces, the Alaris get a free ranged attack before entering close combat and may be purchased in puppeted cities.

Castra (Citadel)
Unlike the Citadel it replaces, the Castra can be built in unclaimed territory. Instead of damaging adjacent enemy units, the Castra heals adjecent friendly units and gives them a 10% bonus to Combat Strength.

I just wanted to toss this design out here - it's based on a now-not-canon Star Wars leader from the novels:

Thrawn
:c5capital: Nirauan

UA: Heir to the Empire
While at war with another Civilization, your units gain +5% :c5war: Combat Strength for each Great Work of Art you own from that Civilization. Whenever you capture another Civilization's :c5capital: original Capital, a unique Great Work of Art is generated in the :c5capital: Capital. (as long as an appropriate Great Work slot remains open)

UB: Gallery
Replaces the Library. In addition to the effects of the Library, contains a slot for a Great Work of Art.

UU: Stormtrooper
Replaces Infantry, and has the same attributes. Is trained 2% faster, up to 30% for each Great Work of Art you own and generates :c5greatperson: Great Artist points equal to its experience level for each enemy unit it kills.

------------------------------------------

For a sci-fi Civ, I think this is extremely fitting for a game with historical Civs, since it doesn't need sci-fi assets; you could pretend Thrawn painted himself blue and that Stormtroopers are using bullets.

Thrawn is a savant in the books, and he claims he can understand a species by its art, hence the heavy Great Works of Art focus. In his collection is a statue from a species he never truly understood; he mentions that he had wiped them out, and seemed remorseful of it. That is the inspiration for the unique Great Work idea.

The Great Artist idea for the Stormtroopers is to incentivize the Armory building line as well as keeping units alive. Not that nobody does, but I generally don't build the Armory buildings, even in my Domination games (I prefer Bombers and Battleships), so I thought it would be neat.

Since this is all about Great Works of Art (they make your units stronger, you get extra slots, you get your UU faster the more you have), Thrawn can double as an aggressive Culture victory option as well.

I literally just put this together over the last 20 or so minutes, so I'd be interested to see what you think.

I just wanted to toss this design out here - it's based on a now-not-canon Star Wars leader from the novels:

Thrawn
:c5capital: Nirauan

UA: Heir to the Empire
While at war with another Civilization, your units gain +5% :c5war: Combat Strength for each Great Work of Art you own from that Civilization. Whenever you capture another Civilization's :c5capital: original Capital, a unique Great Work of Art is generated in the :c5capital: Capital. (as long as an appropriate Great Work slot remains open)

UB: Gallery
Replaces the Library. In addition to the effects of the Library, contains a slot for a Great Work of Art.

UU: Stormtrooper
Replaces Infantry, and has the same attributes. Is trained 2% faster, up to 30% for each Great Work of Art you own and generates :c5greatperson: Great Artist points equal to its experience level for each enemy unit it kills.

------------------------------------------

For a sci-fi Civ, I think this is extremely fitting for a game with historical Civs, since it doesn't need sci-fi assets; you could pretend Thrawn painted himself blue and that Stormtroopers are using bullets.

Thrawn is a savant in the books, and he claims he can understand a species by its art, hence the heavy Great Works of Art focus. In his collection is a statue from a species he never truly understood; he mentions that he had wiped them out, and seemed remorseful of it. That is the inspiration for the unique Great Work idea.

The Great Artist idea for the Stormtroopers is to incentivize the Armory building line as well as keeping units alive. Not that nobody does, but I generally don't build the Armory buildings, even in my Domination games (I prefer Bombers and Battleships), so I thought it would be neat.

Since this is all about Great Works of Art (they make your units stronger, you get extra slots, you get your UU faster the more you have), Thrawn can double as an aggressive Culture victory option as well.

I literally just put this together over the last 20 or so minutes, so I'd be interested to see what you think.

What you mean General Thrawn isn't canon anymore? I still remember him vividly in Heir to Empire it was pretty decent book and too bad I didnt get to finish the whole three books.

While I like the Great Work focus do all of the Great Works have to pertain to the civilization in question can it just be for every different Great Work you have from Empire excluding your own? your already managed to weasel out thier Great Works so why bother going to war when Cultural Victory is at your doorstep :p

the Gallery also seems somewhat generic and Stormtroopers seem pretty solid but wouldnt it be nicer to make it more aggresively oriented considering they're you know Stormtroops? Overall I like the design but it could use some more development.

Top Bottom