1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Detailed Worlds 2.12

Re-worked climates, rivers and custom map scripts with additional details.

1. Guynemer

Guynemer King

This is my favorite map script by far. Awesome work, Seven05.

2. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

Glad you guys are enjoying it :)

3. kycaka

kycaka Chieftain

make a mod that will call the river in maps created manually in the map editor. or tell me how to do it.

4. MjM

MjM Deity

I've only played a couple of games with these map script additions, but the few I did... The maps look gorgeous. As a longtime civ player, I have to say probably one of the best. Very good world creation, and this on Huge setting, the only map size I've been playing on (except for a couple here or there) for the past decade and a half in the series.

Great job! :goodjob:

5. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

Seven05 updated Detailed Worlds with a new update entry:

Flood Plains!

Read the rest of this update entry...

[to_xp]Gekko likes this.
  6. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

[to_xp]Gekko likes this.
  7. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

is this mod perfectly compatible with perfectworld, or would it be better to not use them together?

8. Smity2k1

Smity2k1 Warlord

They do different things to map generation so I would imagine they would not be compatible.

9. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

Well, technically they should be compatible since you can only generate one world at a time. I haven't looked at the latest version but if I know Cephalo he has custom methods for just about everything so my changes to the utility files won't have any effect on Perfect World.

[to_xp]Gekko likes this.
  10. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

thanks, that's pretty much what I expected but wanted to be sure :D

11. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

12. Smity2k1

Smity2k1 Warlord

Do you plan on releasing map generation for inland sea?

13. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

I'm not sure. I tried that a while back but since I don't play on those types of maps I'm just guessing at what would make it a good map and I was never really happy with the results... then again, that's probably because I don't like those maps to begin with :)

14. skodkim

skodkim Deity

I've asked this before but I don't think I've received an answer so you going to try my luck again - sorry for any inconvenience.

I really like the detailed worlds maps but I'd like to lower the number of long mountains ranges while still preserving some more or less isolated mountains (to leave a larger portion of the map hospitable).

I already play with the old world age setting on but would like to try and tweak the lua script too.

Can anyone give any tips?

\Skodkim

15. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

Most of the ranges will come from the GS update that adds a ton of mountains at the continent boundaries. To adjust this, look in terraingenerator.lua, line 267:
    Code:
    local iMountainPercentByDistance:table = {42, 24, 6};

Just reduce all three numbers, for example to get roughly half as many mountains in the ridges try {41, 12, 3}. You may want to try a few different things, such as just reducing one or two of those values rather than all three. This is the chance the game will add a mountain based on the distance from the continent boundary (1 tile, 2 tile, 3 tile distance).

Edit: Sorry, I didn't reply so I'll mention you @skodkim to trigger the alert :)

16. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Thank you very much @Seven05 I was messing around with Mountainscliffs.lua as I wasnt aware that some of the moutain placement was also handled in TerrainGenerator.lua. Couldn't figure out why I was only able to tweak the mountain ranges even if I placed really large/small values.

\Skodkim

17. treadwin

treadwin Warlord

In the latest version, the DWcontinents map script seems to have inherited the Pangea grain_dice setting (grain_dice =2), so we are getting a Pangea every time.

18. DeepSoul

DeepSoul Warlord

Is there a way to add more rivers? Really boring when you get a big grassland area without a single river.

19. nauberry

nauberry Chieftain

I can't answer that question but have you tried the mod lately? Is it working? I saw lots of reports in steam, that the mod is not working. I love it but haven't tried it since the June patch.

20. DeepSoul

DeepSoul Warlord

Yes it's working with GS. Try it yourself.