Detailed Worlds

Detailed Worlds 2.12

Love the maps I'm getting. I have been setting to 'wet' worlds as I enjoy the long and complex river systems. Does the rainfall setting impact mountains though? I seem to not get many and they tend to be single lone mountains. My dream is to have long complex river and mountain systems.

Love the maps I'm getting. I have been setting to 'wet' worlds as I enjoy the long and complex river systems. Does the rainfall setting impact mountains though? I seem to not get many and they tend to be single lone mountains. My dream is to have long complex river and mountain systems.
Age affects mountains, not precipitation.

Younger worlds are more mountainous, while older worlds are less, due to erosion.

Age affects mountains, not precipitation.

Younger worlds are more mountainous, while older worlds are less, due to erosion.

I would think so but I am setting to 'New' and still getting only lone mountains few and far apart. It would sort of make sense if precipitation impacted mountains. A wetter world would also equate to more and faster erosion. I just don't know if that's the case with this mod. I've played on 20 great maps, all with beautiful river systems, but also all with few mountains. I get a lot of hills so I believe that the 'New' worled setting is causing that but no real mountain chains.

This is on Detailed Pangea and Detailed Continents.

The rainfall won't affect mountains but I have seen the same issue on occasion. If you can get the map seed for me on a map that has the issue I should be able to tweak it for better results.

The only change I made to mountains was with coastal tiles. I changed the removal code to also remove some coastal hills, not just coastal mountains, and a rule to skip that cleanup on island style maps. That pass is late in the process so it doesn't affect the other mountains though so I'll have to do some tests on a known "bad" map.

The rainfall won't affect mountains but I have seen the same issue on occasion. If you can get the map seed for me on a map that has the issue I should be able to tweak it for better results.

The only change I made to mountains was with coastal tiles. I changed the removal code to also remove some coastal hills, not just coastal mountains, and a rule to skip that cleanup on island style maps. That pass is late in the process so it doesn't affect the other mountains though so I'll have to do some tests on a known "bad" map.

Try map seed 1815832331

I was using Pangea, Large, Wet and High Sea Level.

Try map seed 1815832331

I was using Pangea, Large, Wet and High Sea Level.
Perfect, I'll try to work on that today when the wife isn't looking :)

Has this been tested with the new updates? They're saying that the new patch fixes the circumnavigation problem, so will this pose a conflict?

Does this mod or Larger Worlds interact with the Outback Tycoon map script in anyway?

Has this been tested with the new updates? They're saying that the new patch fixes the circumnavigation problem, so will this pose a conflict?
I haven't had a chance to fire it up and test everything out but I plan on doing that tomorrow. The "detailed" version of the maps don't overwrite any original scripts though so if they addressed it in the most obvious way (fixing their map scripts) there won't be any conflicts.

Does this mod or Larger Worlds interact with the Outback Tycoon map script in anyway?
This mod makes some changes that should apply to all random map scripts (if it still works) as does my Larger Worlds mod, in those cases they should both also work with any new map scripts assuming the update didn't break my changes to any of the utility scripts.

Any chance then it might have caused the script to not spawn any gold? Because that happened in my Outback Tycoon.

When I play a Tiny Archipelago map, it often spawns fewer than four civs. In one case, it spawned only one—me—giving me an instant Domination victory!

When I tried switching to a Duel Archipelago map, it crashed Civ VI entirely.

Last edited:
I've loved the small continents option in civ 4 and was upset at the lack of any options to make maps that aren't only 2 continents, very rarely being 3. I'm glad this mod adds small continents back in. however, a problem I've noticed is that the small continents tend to be rather thin and snakey, and most of the landmass doesn't have any rivers, only in places where the landmass is actually concentrated. my first aqueduct was one I stole from the Kongo lol. I'm considering switching back to continents after I finish my current game so that I can get more rivers, although I'll bemoan the loss of having more than 2 continents. is it possible to have the continents be a little more concentrated? at least so that you don't have 3-4 tile wide stretches of 50-tile long plains running horizontally on the map. I believe the rivers are likely not appearing there due to not having enough inland to justify it (even though I often see rivers spout at 2-3 tiles away anyway on continents, but whatever, civ). or is that not possible without turning the landmasses into blobs again?

pics from my current game:
Brazil founded an amazing city, although obviously they failed to realize how. I took the city before it became amazing. troops can only come in from 3 directions, 2 of which are only 1-tile wide, and one of those which are surrounded by cliffs, so it's still difficult to reach. http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...172/9150FB1FA5D1E527A984A35A9318033EF1E9AD7B/
a nice inland sea. I actually like the addition of inland seas, even if it's accidental on your part. http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...733/8D45D2DD13383B828A2D497590E5334CFFB983D0/
the map of my current game. also shows my capital and the kind of issue I'm having. all connected land to the left and the peninsula to the right don't have rivers. unfortunately I don't have a map of the entire world with nothing hidden. really interesting map, just wish there were a bit more rivers. I'll have a go with setting it to wet, although doesn't that also effect deserts? considering I'm playing australia, that doesn't sound like much of a solution... http://puu.sh/uxB0A/81ca31ddda.jpg
EDIT:
new map of the game (found out about the debug window). you can now view it without any fog of war. https://puu.sh/uxVke/392dd1f2c2.jpg
I attempted to mess around with the settings, making the world hotter, but with more rain and a lower sea level. I love it! https://puu.sh/uxVoh/0173463349.jpg

now for the seed/settings: in both cases, I used this mod, ynamp, quo's combined tweaks, and the omnibus mod. the 2nd map also contains gold strategic resources. not sure if all the mods are entirely necessary, but whatever. the first map's seeds are: first map (the already populated one), game seed 742714761 map seed 742714762. second map game seed 1105342252 map seed 1105342253. the first map has ludicrous size, 10 civs (including you), max city states, random spawn (not cultural), small continents. second map has same settings, but hot temperature, wet rainfall, and low sealevel

EDIT 2: well now this is odd. I followed the instructions for getting the seeds, but apparently the seeds I have listed give very different worlds. so, uh, I'm sorry, but those seeds are wrong. not sure how to find them other than hex-byte hunting.

in other news, the map seed 1105342252 (same as the 2nd game seed above) makes an amazing map that I'm considering using, but I'd like to try and get my hands on the 2nd map's seed somehow

EDIT 3: SUCCESS! the map seed of the first map is -1980939219 game seed of -1980939220, 2nd map's map seed is 741335618 game seed 741335617

Last edited:
I have also found that the map script for small continents has them often coming out snaky. It would be nice if there were a version which was less so.

I have also found that the map script for small continents has them often coming out snaky. It would be nice if there were a version which was less so.
for now I suggest trying with lower sea level. from what I've seen, the continents become a bit thicker without losing the bays and neat designs. only downside is that your average number of continents might be a bit smaller, though it should still be larger than the continents map type would typically allow (the last puush link I posted has 7 distinct landmasses, although one is small enough to not really count as a continent)

Does this affect the distribution of Civ/minor civs on the maps? I hate how most of the time everybody's cramped up in one part while other parts seem to have large areas with only a few players.

\Skodkim

Does this affect the distribution of Civ/minor civs on the maps? I hate how most of the time everybody's cramped up in one part while other parts seem to have large areas with only a few players.

\Skodkim

I dare say this one doesn't.

That said, not really much use in asking it twice, is there?

no, this mod does not affect districution of civs or minor civs. he even stated earlier that the code for placing civs and city states is the same as the core game, and that sometimes this can lead to cases where fewer people or CS spawned than expected due to not enough space that meets the requirements.

I do agree for the distaste in the vanilla code for placing civs and CS, though. I don't know how many times I've started a game, took 3 turns, and met 4 different civs whose capitals were each 7-8 tiles away from me. meanwhile the other continent is populated by 2 people. most workarounds aren't much better, though.

Glad to see that you are still working on this map pack Seven05, one of my early first need to use mods..especially in the early dog days of civ6 modding. :goodjob:

And how/where did I ask twice?

AND Thanks for the answer :)

\Skodkim

In the Larger Worlds thread. Both are from the same modder, so you could also make a post in one of them "Does this mod or your other mod affect the distribution of civs on the map?".

Top Bottom