1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Diplomacy AI Development

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Recursive, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Venice. If Venice is my neighbor, I'll score twice the land I normally get.

Kim Dong Un and JamesNinelives like this.
  2. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

Venice on the other side of the world can be scary though. Especially when you're going DV and he starts buying all your spheres.

Kim Dong Un and JamesNinelives like this.
  3. HixBozo

HixBozo Warlord

Venice performs well on crowded maps. It really is a dice. If Montezuma spawns next to him not so good you know what I mean.

Speaking of which in my current game I have a rare situation of the worst warmongers spawning right next to each other. Montezuma, Greece, Huns, and Zulu right next to each other nicely packed into mutual borders. Nobody yet has conquered the other as of early Renaissance.

I am there too but isolated by water and just patroling the borders. I am with Indonesia and have significant naval force in case some of them gets the wrong idea. My issue is with India rather. He is becoming a headache. His borders have swollen very large and he is disrupting city connections.

4. HixBozo

HixBozo Warlord

I must conquer India. It is imperative if I want to win this game. But my forces are split between land units and naval units. And I am sure Gandi has a carpet of units. It will be very tough.

So I am thinking to amass a sizeable army for this war. Large enough. I am considering going well above the military cap and sacrifice temporarily all city growth and construction due to military cap beyond the limit. But I must take Gandi down imperative

5. Jiggly

Jiggly Warlord

These changes are exactly whats needed. These last few games have been so easy- first time on deity that im ahead culturally, scientifically, economically and militaristically before mid game with 20 civs. That because I think the AI has been wasting all its resources and relationship diplomacy on these constant phony wars. Because I can be much more selective I feel like these phony wars have been hugely to my advantage. On top of that I have been able to get distant AI to pay me to declare war against my neighbors that they are at war with. I'm rolling in gold per turn from these deals. Hopefully these changes will make a big impact. Thank you as always.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  6. darkstrat

darkstrat Chieftain

Hey, I am facing this wierd bug, after liberating Siam, suddenly he broke our DoF and now there is a diplo penalty saying "I was caught plotting against them". But i didnt do anything of the nature.

PS. if there is a way i can remove this modifier manually through editing in some way as I dont want to play with it?

vyyt likes this.
  7. InkAxis

InkAxis Prince

That seems way too much to be normal. Probably report on GitHub.

Also, I would recommend taking a screenshot next time, on windows you can do: Windows key +shift + s and then Ctrl+v into civfanatics or GitHub.

vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.
  8. darkstrat

darkstrat Chieftain

is there a way manually change it by editing the savegame or something? The weird thing is the AI still showed as friendly and later as afraid rathher than gaurded.

9. Recursive

Recursive Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I have no idea what's causing that. But I think it's fixed for next version since I rewrote all that code.

In the meantime just disable the penalty. Go to (1) Community Patch > Core Files > Core Changes > DiploOpinionWeights.sql and search for "plotted".

vyyt, JamesNinelives and darkstrat like this.
  10. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

Is it intended, that other AI civs claiming, Iam settling too close to them, after THEY have settled a very close city at my borders?

11. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

I have noticed that tradition civ boder growth is very big at the moment.

12. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

I would love to see an India with increased border growth UA. Iam permanently running out of tiles if I let my cities grow like they want.
    But you are right, it's the tradition policy which lead to it maybe a little nerf to it would fit.

13. Recursive

Did it trigger after you settled a new city or after they settled their city?

14. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

After they have settled their city.
    Wasnt the first time I had this.
    But I can't give you a save game, I didn't save that many autosaves.

15. Emperorman1

Emperorman1 Chieftain

I am amazed!

In the early game Egypt, which I had angered, demanded 3 luxuries. I refused, and during the same dialog they were like "F U, we are gonna take them anyway." And declared war against me right away. Felt like human to me :)

Recursive likes this.
  16. HixBozo

HixBozo Warlord

Indian cities can grow very big borders with God of Expansion Pantheon. Bigger than anybody else. Plus India often gets a religion and keeps its Pantheon.

17. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

Sorry, what does this mean?

18. HixBozo

HixBozo Warlord

You will lose your original Pantheon and gets replaced with the Pantheon of the majority religion of another Civ. But when you spread your own religion you keep your Pantheon.

19. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

They have troubles keeping their religion though.

20. Recursive

Maybe discuss this in a different thread? ;)