Direct 2 Drive Pre-Load Option Now Available

Babylon comes with any Deluxe edition? Even if you buy from D2D instead of Steam?

An observation and a question:

I pre-ordered two copies of the game, a deluxe edition through D2D recently and a standard copy from Steam much earlier. (I will use them to play LAN MP with my wife or one of the kids.)

Yesterday I downloaded the Steam copy using my wife's Steam account.

Today I registered the Deluxe edition on my Steam account and when I hit preload it immediately returned as finished, using the same copy I earlier downloaded, nothing additional was downloaded.

So, I'm left wondering
  • Does this mean there is no difference between the standard and deluxe preloads?
    OR
  • Does this mean I need to delete the preload I did yesterday and do a fresh preload of the deluxe edition to get the extra content?
Can anyone else who has preloaded the deluxe edition comment on the presence or absence of files relating to Babylon?

i imagine dlc content can't be preloaded, which includes the map packs and babylon.

The darn steam platform upgraded and screwed up some files so I had to reinstall steam so just letting anyone know if they run into a problem with it not preloading it is probably the reason why.

Thanks for answering!

For those of you who have pre-ordered Civilization V from Direct 2 Drive, you may now pre-load it onto your computer, like those who have pre-ordered it from Steam. This is regardless of your country. D2D will supply you with an activation key which you may put into your Steam client and begin the download process from there. The download takes about 40 minutes on a 54 Mbps connection (obviously this will be variable depending on server load and other factors).

The game opens for playability on 10:00 AM on the 21st. The Civilization III: Complete download, however, may be downloaded and played immediately.

I just wanted to thank you for letting us know. I have ciV safely tucked away in my games library now. I have to wait until my MBP comes back in tomorrow, though, to pre-load the game. If there was ever a good time for a logic board to die, Monday was it.

I can hardly wait.

If I order from D2D, will I have to use it ever again or can I just manage the game with steam (which I like)? It would be really irritating to have to deal with two separate game management platforms.

If I order from D2D, will I have to use it ever again or can I just manage the game with steam (which I like)? It would be really irritating to have to deal with two separate game management platforms.

For Civ V, just with Steam since it is a Steamworks title (until when the DLC is released).

I love Steam's servers (When they're not getting pounded like on TF2 class update days lol). Preload chugging along at 4.0MB/s :D

Now all we need is for Tuesday to come and the inevitable Day 1 patch.

Anyone notice in the email from D2D with the key the next quote?

"Go to your My Account page on Direct2Drive to view the instructions to install Civilization 5 Deluxe and map pack"
are they talking about what? mappack like others preorder? first dlc? any guess?

Anyone notice in the email from D2D with the key the next quote?

"Go to your My Account page on Direct2Drive to view the instructions to install Civilization 5 Deluxe and map pack"
are they talking about what? mappack like others preorder? first dlc? any guess?

As far as I can determine, the only thing you need to --or even can -- do is activate your given key with Steam. I'd imagine, the Deluxe edition owners are identified by the keys they were given; Babylon will probably be downloaded when the game is authorized for release. The first DLC will involve activating a second key at a later time.

Top Bottom