Discussion: Units

Sorry for the double post, but do you still need any ideas for the LUs?

Name: Supay
Civ: Incas
Combat: Melee
Prereqs: Monarchy and Construction
Cost: 65
Moves: 2
Combat: 8
Allowed: 3
Free Promotions: Guerilla I, Mobility, Celebrity III
Abilities: 15% Withdrawal Chance
Unique Names (this list is far from perfect, it mainly lists demons and gods from Andean mythology with a connection to the underworld): Supay, Zupay, Vichama, Mamacha Candicha, Diablada, El Diablo, Ah Puch, The Staff God, Paricia
Graphic: I think FFH uses a red demon model that would fit well

I know it seems a bit strange to give a demon the power to increase happieness, but different to Europeans with the Christian Devil, the Incas didn't repudiate the Supay but, being scared of them and they begged them not to damage them.

Name:Gladiator
Civ:Rome
Combat: Melee
Prereqs: Iron Working and Construction
Cost: 65
Moves: 1
Combat:7
Allowed:5
Free Promotions:Combat 1+2 and Celebrity I
Abilities:15% chance of Collateral damage and can use the duel ability(50% XPgain,50% death,100% :) bonus)
Unique Names:Spartacus,Verus,Priscus,Crixus,Oenomaus and Lentulus Batiatus
Graphic:There is a gladiator unit in the database somewhere.

In FfH,In a Balseraph city that does have an arena,a unit may have a duel.In this duel,your unit has a 50% chance to live and get XP or die in the arena.Either way,happiness is added into the city.Perhaps it could be a promotion in which it allows the gladiator to duel.

So, which LUs still are missing? It makes hardly sense to suggest units that are already done.

Name: Conquérant des Nuages
Civ: France
Combat: Air Unit
Prereqs: Steam Power and Physics
Cost: 85
Moves: 6
Combat: 6
Allowed: 3
Free Promotions: --
Abilities: Flies over terrain, Can only defend, Invisible, Can see submarines, Doesn't receive defensive bonuses, Can explore rival territory without triggering war
Unique Names (French version): Robur le Conquérant, l'Albatro, Goahead, la Terreur, le Conquérant, Maître du monde
Unique Names (English version): Robur the Conqueror, The Albatross, Goahead, The Terror, The Conqueror, The Master of the World

I decided to add both French and English names for cfkane to choose, because a unit with a French name deserves French unique names, too.

BTW, don't fortget Maximus Decimus Meridius from the film The Gladiator as a unique name for dladiators.

Whoops, you're right.

I've already completed the Cloud Clipper. It has much of the same attributes you gave, although it can attack as well; it's akin to an aerial privateer.

Anyway, the units I have yet to add are as follows:

- Arabian Carpet Rider
- Aztec Ahuizotl
- Hyborean Black Dragon
- Indian Pandava
- Persian Simurgh
- Shambhalese Bodhisatva (though I already have a rough draft finished for this one)
- Spanish Campeador
- Zulu Inkanyamba

Alright, can do. But I need some infos about the Black Dragon. Is this unit really a dragon or something metaphorical (e.g. Knight of the Order of the Black Dragon, or something like that)?

Name: Campeador
Civ: Spain
Combat: Mounted Unit
Prereqs: Feudalism and Horseback Riding, Horses, Iron
Cost: 100
Combat: 10
Allowed: 6
Abilities: Can join a unit to give 10 XP, Immune to first strikes, Doesn't receive defensive bonuses, Flank attack vs. Catapults and Trebuchets
Unique Names: Sancho Panza, Fierabas, Diego de la Vega, Inigo Montoya, Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobos Ramírez, Fernán González, Montesinos, Sansón Carrasco, Miguel, Tulio, Roque Guinart, Sancho de Azpeitia, Cardenio

You're right, I forget about Montoya. Oh and we could add Diego de la Vega (better known as Zorro), too. And even Miguel and Tulia from The Toad to El Dorado (I added all of them to the list)

Name: Ahuizotl
Civ: Aztec
Combat: Meele Unit
Prereqs: Fishing and Animal Husbandry
Cost: 35
Combat: 5
Allowed: 8
Free Promotions: Amphibious, Woodsman I & II
Abilities: +50% versus Moutned Units (I guess a beast like Ahuizotl would scare the hell out of a horse)
Unique Names: --

Here's my idea for Shambhala's unit

Name: Bodhisatva
Civ: Shambhala
Combat: -
Prereqs: Philosophy, Meditation
Cost: 100
Combat: 0
Allowed: 6
Abilities: Can research religious technologies, build any shrine
Unique Names: Avalokitesvara, Manjusri, Samantabhadra, Ksitigarbha, Maitreya, Vajrapani, Sadaparibhuta, Skanda

Okay, the LUs are almost done. The Persian Simurgh and the Hyborean Black Dragon are the only ones I have yet to program, and I have a clear idea of what I want to do with the Simurgh. I still need to decide what to do with the Black Dragon.

I don't have artwork for all of these units, but placeholders are set up for all of them.

Now that version 5.0 is out, it's high time to get cracking on the civ-specific superhero units.

The Superhero unit in the mod right now ought to serve as a template for all the other heroes.As you can see, most of them are already decided upon. For France I'm torn between Fantomas and Le Nyctalope.

Now that version 5.0 is out, it's high time to get cracking on the civ-specific superhero units.

The Superhero unit in the mod right now ought to serve as a template for all the other heroes.As you can see, most of them are already decided upon. For France I'm torn between Fantomas and Le Nyctalope.

I like Nyctalope, personally.

Unit ideas!(to go with event ideas in the events thread)

Name:Alien
Combat:35
Type:Melee
Prereqs:Only with the Combine event
Moves:5

Name:Gordon Freeman
Combat:50
Prereqs:Only with the Combine event
Moves:2
Type:Melee Hero or Gunpowder Hero
Free Promotions:Shock(To kill aliens),Combat I(Never mess with an angry guy with a crowbar/gun) and Respawn I(Quicksaves Ftw)

Name:Borg Cube
Combat:80
Prereqs:Only with the Borg Invasion event
Moves:7
Type:Space(to be explained later)
Abilities:100% Withdrawal when fighting non-space units,can't take cities.

Space Units

Missile Cruiser -> Space Cruiser
Stealth Destroyer -> Space Destroyer
Battleship -> Space Battleship
Carrier -> Space Carrier
Jet Fighter -> Fighter Squadron
Stealth Bomber -> Bomber Squadron
Transport -> Space Transport

Space-Hero units

Can only think of one right now.

Atoragon

The community design worked so well last time, I decided to do the same with the superheroes. Here are the stats I have for Superman, which should serve as a standard template for the other heroes. Feel free to suggest any modifications.

Name: Superman
Combat: Hero (Hovering)
Domain: Land
AI: Attack, City Defense
Prereqs: Fission
Cost: 750
Moves: 8
Combat: 45
AirCombat: 26
Free Promotions: Celebrity 3
Abilities: Ignores Terrain Cost, Can Move All Terrain, Can Move in Impassable Terrain, Immune to Nukes, can't Pillage, 25 percent chance of withdrawal, Cannot Capture Cities.

Top Bottom