Dissensions v2.0 Game Thread - Part the Second

I would suppose not.

OOC:Away for the weekend. Not that important if I lose my fight.

Day 6 - Mental Mentoring
Mentor Chandrasekhar vs. Illithid Kol.7

"It's my second time doing this, my, how exciting!" The Void Walker had refracted himself to a shade of merry black for this occasion.

He called down a microphone from the ceiling. When he was disappointed to find that the technology level in this particular world had not advanced to that particular level, he blithely pushed on, opening a little void in the space right in front of him that opened up to a big void that came back to this particular world many times amplified, pulling off the same trick, but much more pleasing to the ears.

"In this corner, we have the Mentor, Chandrasekhar!" He gestured wildly to Chandrasekhar, who looked rather amused. His pale hair billowed in the wind that had rather kindly decided to come in. Today he had ditched the staff that he had had in his last fight. He looked ages younger.

"In this other corner, we have the Illithid, Kol.7!" This time, it was more of a cool nod of the head. The Illithid looked like Death, if he had decided to wear a dark robe, hiding a dark face, thinking visible dark thoughts that were darker than a black cat in the bottom of a well dug a mile underneath the surface that was filled in with stone and covered with a black blanket at night. The Illithid gave a little cheery wave to the public, completely out of character. "Feed Illithid, you will, yessssssss."

"Do you normally refer to yourself in the third person, or are you trying to be particularly daft?" The Mentor.

"Brains!" the gemutlich Illithid said, feeling as if it had made a rather deft syllogism.

The Void Walker snapped his fingers and a blue portal appeared.

"Enter, first the Illithid, and then the Mentor," he said, solemnly.

The Illithid lumbered over and disappeared with a pop. The Mentor flashed a smile and leapt through.

Everybody was greeted with a familiar sight. It was a valley in the shape of a bowl, completely surrounded by steep cliffs, as if God had said, "Let a teacher instruct his pupils here."

Some dust blew in the wind for dramatic effect. The sun shone in the afternoon. The heat was oppressive. A hint of rainclouds in the east looked as if it would start a revolution and beat down the heat, but first it had to gather strength.

The one thing that marred this sort of picturesque setting was the blood and marks along the arena, evidence of the previous fight.

"You do this to shock Illithid, yes! You indim...intimn...inmini...--"

"Intimidate," the Mentor added helpfully.

"That to me! Yessss. But I see through tricks!"

"We'll see about that," said the Mentor. Out of nowhere, he pulled a big longbow out.

"Where you keep that?!" the Illithid asked, but a reply was not forthcoming.

Zing! Bolts flew through the air at inhuman speeds. The Mentor's arms were just whirls of color. The Illithid jumped off to the side, but far too slowly, and he was impaled by a great deal of bolts. Without missing a beat, the Mentor leapt off the ground and followed him, looking as if he were hovering along the ground.

"I wasn't using my full power before," he added helpfully. And everybody noticed. While he was offering this bit of advice for the Illithid to chew on, his fingers did a dance. A red ball grew between his two hands, one on top of another.

"Schwalbe Fliegen--Swallow Flier!" he yelled, also rather helpfully. The Mentor was being rather nice to his opponent. He was even naming his moves. The bolt of red fire left his arm and split into four. Each of the four smaller balls assumed the shapes of birds, except almost infinitely more likely to burn you to death when they hit.

The birds swirled around in a spiral sort of shape, then out around, coming toward the zooming Illithid from four sides.

"Some people think they can outsmart Illithid!" he yelled. "Well, they are wrong!"

A cone-shaped shockwave emitted directly at the Mentor, who tried to dodge it. However, his foot was caught in the blast, and unluckily for him, his body did not act as an insulator. The shock spread to his brain and the Mentor froze in the air and hit the ground. Meanwhile, the Illithid caught and strangled three of the birds, while the last one hit him in the small of the back and immediately burst into flames.

He calmly patted it out, and then stormed toward the Mentor like a tank. His bulging muscles were visible even under the cloak.

"Left self open!" he said gleefully, and prepared to crush the Mentor with his foot. As he did so, the Mentor snapped out of his daze and blocked him with his hands. He threw the Illithid up, spinning him in the air while he did so. He then leaped, shifting his weight back, then forward so that he was in a standing position without having put his arms on the ground, then leaped and did a spinkick in the air that sent the Illithid flying back.

The Mentor leaped up in the air and called down bolts of lightning from the heavens. As it skewered the Illithid, the Mentor did a bicycle kick up, launching him in the air. He then leapt up, grabbed the Illithid, spun around in the air around the x-axis, and threw him down. The Illithid hit the floor a second before the Mentor came down upon him like a sack of bricks, except rather more organized.

The life left the Illithid's eyes, and suddenly they were back and LightFang was congratulating the winner and for some reason the Mentor had a craving for ice cream.

Spoiler :
Kol.7 was innocent!

Gold Results
The following players have won gold betting.
Spoiler :
choxorn (66)
Tasslehoff (133)

The following players have lost gold betting.
Spoiler :
Rogueknight (200)

Next Battle: Izipo, the Blood Brother vs. Rheinmetall, the Overlord.
Rheinmetall gets the stage choice.

It is now Night 6.

Gold Results? Only 3 people bet!

IC:

The agents are playing an interesting game here, always knowing who they want dead, always knowing who can kill them, and always giving the killer the stage choice.

Barbarian is getting fearful of this game. How do they always know who will kill who, and how do they know who is a good person to kill?

Almost 10 people have died in this tournament, and not one of them has been an agent.

And speaking of death, anyone seen the True Believer?

Say what ? I am to fight the Overlord ?
Oh well, whatever. A shame we haven't seen him in a while. But now that I mention it, we haven't seen a lot of people in a while...

{OOC : I can't remember what was decided about gold totals. Any chance to know what I have to spend ?}

Barbarian no win money for winning bet? Barbarian say that that is Bull$#!t!

BARBARIAN SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upon appearing again among his fellow fighters, the Mentor directs a look at the Risk Breaker, something approaching amusement on his face. "I'm sincerely sorry to disappoint you, Rogueknight, but it looks as though I'm going to be living for awhile longer, yet. I could never lose to such a foe. Perhaps it's for the best that it was such an easy fight. I have several more attacks in my arsenal, but I haven't gotten around to naming them yet.

"I am irritated at being put into a second pointless battle, though. I don't like being used without my own consent."

What is this whole tournament but a series of fights where we are used without our own consent, eh? *the vampyre stretches in the full moon* Ah, I sense an eclipse to come soon. Tomorrow, maybe. I felt 500 years younger the last time there was an eclipse!

I guess I can allow the bet, just so you guys can win some money.

Bet total up tomorrow; it's too late for me.

I suspect that Izipo has rather more in the way of connections than Rheinmetall does. For that reason alone, I will put 200 gold on the Blood Brother to win.

No, no, you'll be making money, I'm going to count the bet.

Day will continue for 48 hours after this post. Why? Because

1. school has started again, which leads to more procrastination, but
2. I have a ridiculous band thing every Tuesday for a bit, so any updates that normally fall on Tuesday get pushed back a day.

Gold totals will be up; I will edit this post when details arrive.

Uh, been a week, where is everybody?

Let dead games die. If nobody wants to play, then so be it! S&F3 will be better.

So... Did I die or what ?

This is dead? :(

Dang. I was waiting for something to happen. :[

Top Bottom