Divine Intervention: Garden of the Gods (Bullpen)

Whoever does Divine Intervention IV, can they please do something for me?

It is simple: Create Montezuma of the Aztecs IN ADDITION to any other civs.

Thankyou. Don't worry, it won't get crowded...

Divine Intervention IV will be up either today or tomorrow, will feature Pericles as the leader, and will be played at the same map specs as III except the difficulty is raised to Monarch.

Any other requests? (and yes, Monty will be added... wherever he shows up, he spices things up ;) )

I've officially revealed myself to Pericles and the other leaders.

Basically, whoever destroys the Gate will receive some reward (probably a Prophet, 3 Missionaries, and Shrine). Also, I think that we should choose a religion based on order founded to be the "Holy Pantheon Religion", which could be used for an AP Victory or something (after the Gate is destroyed, of course).

{SPOILER="This text is the small and italicy stuff"}
Stuff in the spoiler
{/SPOILER}

Gives:

Spoiler This text is the small and italicy stuff :

Stuff in the spoiler

Okay, my plans for the game (I leave this lore to Pantheon-approval):
Spoiler :

1) Barbarians: Barbarians shall serve as the demons of Hell. Thus, the wandering Barbarians will represent "lost souls" who are trapped in the void between earth and the Underworld.
2) Barbarian Cities: These will be the Gates to the Underworld. I'll keep a running tally of which Civilization has captured which Gates and give bonuses to these Civilizations based on how many are captured. For every turnset a Barbarian City survives (whether or not Paulus has found it), I request a God to gift it a few units - mostly defensive, but sometimes offensive as well.
3) Power of the Fire Lord: Weakens with cities that spawn, strengthens with Barbarians killed. I have chosen a leader to use as my puppet (for now*), Isabella. Thus, if Isabella leads the mortals on a crusade against the minions of Hell, whether they be Greek or not, it is with my power.
4) Spanish Crusades: If Isabella declares war on a heathen, I'll give her 1 extra unit (of that era, with no promotions) per city she captures.
5) The Other Gods: I'm supposed to be a good God who believes in one Immortal as a 'chosen one'; I hope this leads to tensions in the Pantheon.

None of parts 3, 4, and 5 will be revealed to Paulus.

*I won't do anything drastic, I promise. Also, whichever religion Isabella adopts will become mine. If she changes, than I change my allegiance.

I think the working system on "lore" and "canon" is that it changes from world to world.

As far as drastic changes go, I don't think we've ever actually refused to play a save yet, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Spoiler NFPE :
As far as the underworld goes, it seems like a cool idea!

I think initially my character is going to be the main antagonist (for obvious reasons, if you read the end of Divine Intervention III) but the idea of this hell-seeping-loose might eventually bring the gods together to halt the onset of Armageddon.

Which very well may be our new "beast"

@Gooblah: I like it. That gives me some ideas of my own, although my character's main objective will be trying to thwart Forest's character (again, based on the ending of DI3).

I kinda see Pericles staring at two dialogue option choices. "Lancelot" gives him light side points, and "Lucern" gives him dark side points.

It's going to be hard fighting against you guys ;)

I just thought I would take this opportunity to introduce myself and my character.

Hi, I'm Non-praying Mantis (or NPM for short). My divine incarnation is Mantis God of Insects.

Don't worry, my effects should be minor, I don't plan on making any large modifications.

NPM

So Paulus now knows of the Barbarian threat.

Also, how is NoDot's barbarian island going to tie in with my Barb theme? If cities are gates, then NoDot just aided some nasty demons!

If the save was edited to include a MinorCiv to control that island it would solve the problem, but their progress would have to be clamped on every once in a while to prevent them from becoming TOO advanced.

Simple: remove the sweeping generalization. The island isn't inhabited by demons.

Simple: remove the sweeping generalization. The island isn't inhabited by demons.

Sorry, I did come across sounding a bit cocky there. :(
Since Eldarion, TheForestAuro, and I agreed on the whole barb thing, it set me thinking....I'll add a post to the story thread to take care of it.

I think what he means is that SOME barbarians are demons, and some are just, say, demon worshippers. See how that works?

It still lets the mechanics of your idea work without worrying about specifics.

I'm trying to think of something 'bad', I guess.

Maybe Corinth is taken by Barbarians? I like that idea, maybe flatten the population a bit, add some Barbarian Units to the area...hm.

Top Bottom