DLL - Various Mod Components

This is my "DLL - Various Mod Components" compiled with support for 34, 43 and 62 major civs (you'll need to manually copy the 43/62 civ DLL over the 34 civ DLL)

See here for the download

Thanks for the replie. I have another question. World congress doesn't work, is their a way to fix this?

World congress works fine for me - and I play with a lot of my own mods (around 160) but very few others (about 3) - so without many, many more details, the answer is "no"

You're place to start is by removing all other mods, and confirming that the WC still works. Then you can add them back in, one or two at a time, until you can identify which other mod(s) conflict.

Don't forget to remove "pseudo-mods" that install as DLC as well during this process.

whoward69 is there a chance you will work on / add a multiplayer compatible UI ?

Vicevirtuoso wrote he figured sth out to allow custom UI here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13973426#post13973426

I don't know how far the process is, but maybe you can help and build the solution into your mods, to allow them to work also in multiplayer?

See post #1221 above

So... wouldn't it be possible to just undo the changes that were made to the popups? :confused:
Because in the vanilla game, the very same popups work well in MP. So maybe there is no need to add or code something new, but to restore the vanilla defaults only?

Or is it much more complex than that?

And even the CP could benefit from this, too!

wouldn't it be possible to just undo the changes that were made to the popups?

To be brutally honest, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Like I said, I do not play multi-player.

All the popups are in Lua, the DLL mods are entirely in the C++ code.

The only core Lua file this mod changes is YieldIconManager.lua, and that's only to be able to display tourism and golden age yields on plots - it's not a popup anyway and is optional.

The only BUTTONPOPUP_ enumeration used within the modded C++ code is one of the MODDER ones for the City Expansion dependant mod, and that's also optional.

I have 67 optional mods that depend on the DLL mod, if it one of those, you'll need to be more specific.

To be brutally honest, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Like I said, I do not play multi-player.

All the popups are in Lua, the DLL mods are entirely in the C++ code.

The only core Lua file this mod changes is YieldIconManager.lua, and that's only to be able to display tourism and golden age yields on plots - it's not a popup anyway and is optional.

The only BUTTONPOPUP_ enumeration used within the modded C++ code is one of the MODDER ones for the City Expansion dependant mod, and that's also optional.

I have 67 optional mods that depend on the DLL mod, if it one of those, you'll need to be more specific.

Something in your DLL mod modifies the Pop Up for Shoshones to choose their goodyhut bonus (or sth else is causing desync, pop up is most likely )
The result is, that with your DLL active, everytime a Shoshone human player chooses a bonus, the game desyncs. Without your DLL mod active, shoshones work fine in MP.

Like Vicevirtuoso wrote, every game changes made via UI will desync a multiplayer game, unless you use what he wrote.

So in addition to that shoshone thing, every of your other mods, that uses UI to make gamechanges (like the recall for trading route), will desync the game.

But okay... let's see if Vicevirtuoso can solve this, and maybe someone will make more multiplayer compatible versions of your mods, like I did with some of them.

Anyway, thank you for your great mods :)

So that's one civ out of the standard 43 (not including the many hundreds of modded ones out there) that can't be played (which by the way is bugged for the AI)

And you're asking me to change at least 45 mods, probably many more, with rather vague and incomplete information, with major potential for cross-mod conflicts, for a game style I don't play.

Sound reasonable to you?

The Shoshone Pathfinder is just an example, it affects all kinds of popups, like
-Liberty Finisher
-Leaning Tower
-Chose Religion

..affecting 43 out of 43 civs.

No one asked you to change 45 mods, we just wanted to inform you about a quirk in your prestige mod.
Don't mention it.

If you don't care for bugs in your mods because they don't affect your own, personal playstyle, that's your (rather unusual) choice.
Serp asked very politely without being demanding, and provided you with all the infos he got and even added a "Thank you for all your work" at the end, which looks like perfect netiquette to me.
If you don't have the time or ambition to look into it, that's perfectly okay.
But there is no need to be unfriendly.

And yes.. finishing your post with a rhetorical question whose only purpose is to make someone else look stupid, is not very nice.

So that's one civ out of the standard 43 (not including the many hundreds of modded ones out there) that can't be played (which by the way is bugged for the AI)

And you're asking me to change at least 45 mods, probably many more, with rather vague and incomplete information, with major potential for cross-mod conflicts, for a game style I don't play.

Sound reasonable to you?
At least I got an answer now :)

So thank you for your time. We will see, if Vicevirtuoso is able to fix it and maybe Gazebo will implement it (when it is finished and safe) into his CP DLL.

Hrmm... I've been having a strange issue that I've only just now pinned down. I recently got back into Civ 5 after not having played it in a few months. Awhile back when I was playing it, I started having this issue where the game would randomly crash later on. I never knew what it was until this recent game.

Whenever I or anyone else captures a Capital City late in the game (Atomic Ara+), the game crashes. I thought it may have had to do with Capitals with high population and/or a lot of Wonders so I used IGE to lower the population and remove the wonders, same result. I also tried using IGE to force a capture and even outright delete the city, same thing. I've tried disabling all other mods, though I don't use much outside of this (v66 - though this was happening on earlier versions for me as well), and still the same deal.

I haven't seen anyone post about this same issue so I assume it's definitely something just on my end, but I really just can't figure it out. If you (or anyone else) ever have any free time, whoward, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help me figure this one out. Let me know about any additional information that may be required.

Here's my Civ 5 minidump file from after the crash if it's of any help: http://www.mediafire.com/download/j358cdb77td3yc8/CvMiniDump.dmp

Thanks!

Quick question, would there have been spaceship parts in the captured capital, and if so, are you using the "Global - No Conquered Spaceships" micro-mod?

I've had the very same issue in 3 different games:

conquering a capital in the late game would lead to CTD.
Every time the enemy had the Apollo Program completed (while I haven't, if that makes a difference!), but there were no finished spaceship parts iirc.

Since then I removed the following mods:
-No Conquered Spaceships
-Palace Extra Great Work
-Guilds Great Work Displays

and the CTD issue disappeared.
I hope this helps!

Huh. I'm using the Global - No Conquered Spaceships micro-mod, but the city I'm trying to capture (Paris) has zero spaceship parts. I disabled the micro-mod anyway and it didn't seem to help but I assume that'd probably require a new game to take effect anyway.

However... I checked all the Civs in the game to see which ones haven't completed the Apollo program yet, and I used IGE to then force conquer their capitals - one of which included a capital much like Paris in this game (30+ population, 8-9+ Wonders), and sure enough - no crash! None of the Civs that had completed the Apollo program caused me to crash when capturing their capitals, but all the Civs who had completed it caused the crashing.

So it looks like that's definitely the issue afterall then. Great to know, I'll be sure to not use it when I start a new game. Thank you, whoward and Lynnes! You don't know how much I appreciate it, that really had me scratching my head trying to figure out and pin down the issue.

I'll let y'all know how it turns out in a new game with the micro-mod disabled. Also, I had completed the Apollo program as well so that doesn't seem to make a difference.

*Edit: Actually, I just disabled it in the mod options xml and it completely solved the issue. No longer crashing in this current game!

I'm guessing the issue is being caused when a civ has completed the Apollo program, has built NO spaceship parts and then loses their capital, but I'll check the code.

If I ever finish "AI - STFU" I'll release v67 with a fix.

Top Bottom