DLL - Various Mod Components

I'm trying to use the DLL - Various Mod Components v66, but when I try to check it in my mods list, a tooltip pops up saying "this version of the game is not compatible with this mod'. When I click the mod to check its dependencies, it lists "depends on game version between 1 and 1".
I'm currently playing on a mac, OS X 10.10.4, and the game version is 1.0.3.279.
Is there anything I can do to get the mod to work, or is it a problem with trying to use it with mac?

i've played several test games with and without this mod now and each time i've noticed with the DLL active the AI does much worse?

i've played several test games with and without this mod now and each time i've noticed with the DLL active the AI does much worse?
I think this pack itself should have no impact on the AI. But if you have in addition to that whowards Smart-AI mod, then it will change.

For the worse?
To be honest, I noticed no difference, except the attack of range units :D but of course there are more changes.. maybe I did not noticed them because I was not that familiar with the old AI.

The things you can set on/off in that mod in AISmart.xml are:
Spoiler :
<!-- Omit obsolete/no value items as part of a deal if asked to balance things out -->
<Update>
<Where Name="AI_SMART_DEALS"/>
<Set Value="1"/>
</Update>
<!-- Use Great people more effectively, plant some improvements early, and later use GP powers -->
<Update>
<Where Name="AI_SMART_GREAT_PEOPLE"/>
<Set Value="1"/>
</Update>
<!-- Delay grand strategy bias until the Renaissance -->
<Update>
<Where Name="AI_SMART_GRAND_STRATEGY"/>
<Set Value="1"/>
</Update>
<!-- Make better policy choices ignoring grand strategy until medieval and giving less importance to opening branches vs unlocked branches -->
<Update>
<Where Name="AI_SMART_POLICY_CHOICE"/>
<Set Value="1"/>
</Update>
<!-- Stop making archaeologists sooner and also disband archaeologists if there are not valid targets -->
<Update>
<Where Name="AI_SMART_ARCHAEOLOGISTS"/>
<Set Value="1"/>
</Update>
<!-- Disband long obsolete units, eg triremes in industrial era -->
<Update>
<Where Name="AI_SMART_DISBAND"/>
<Set Value="1"/>
</Update>
<!-- Upgrade more units per turn if there are lots of units that can be upgraded. Also upgrade air units more often -->
<Update>
<Where Name="AI_SMART_UPGRADES"/>
<Set Value="1"/>
</Update>
<!-- Units with at least 75% health will avoid healing -->
<Update>
<Where Name="AI_SMART_HEALING"/>
<Set Value="1"/>
</Update>
<!-- Units won't randomly embark to water tiles -->
<Update>
<Where Name="AI_SMART_FLEE_FROM_DANGER"/>
<Set Value="1"/>
</Update>
<!-- Ranged units are always able to move AND shoot on the same turn and should not attack over and over a city with 1 HP remaining. -->
<Update>
<Where Name="AI_SMART_RANGED_UNITS"/>
<Set Value="1"/>
</Update>
<!-- AI will hold planes back for interceptions and perform air sweep missions more efficiently, if enemy aircraft are nearby -->
<Update>
<Where Name="AI_SMART_AIR_TACTICS"/>
<Set Value="1"/>
</Update>
<!-- Improves the AI's melee tactics -->
<Update>
<Where Name="AI_SMART_MELEE_TACTICS"/>
<Set Value="1"/>
</Update>
</CustomModOptions>

Hi, I previously had this mod on a old pc and it worked fine but I have just tried to install it on my new PC but in the mod list it says that it is not compatiable with the version of the game. The game is being lauched through steam and it is fully updated so I don't know what to do, any help is appreciated. :)
EDIT: Also I'm on windows 7 64 bit, my old system was Win7 32bit if that makes a difference

Hey, I'm having a bit of a problem getting Hotseat to work with the 43 Civs version of the DLL. According to the website, it's compatible on its own with Hotseat, but it doesn't appear to be so. When I attempt to get it to work with the Custom Advanced Setup Screen (I've got v. 5 if that affects anything), it won't let me change players beyond player 1 to human, and it only says "Computer" (I've attached an image of this). I'd love to be able to get this working if possible.

Also as a sidenote, the "Improved Small Landmasses" mod has the same problem.

Attachments

• 8930_2015-07-16_00002.jpg
    8930_2015-07-16_00002.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 73
Hey, I'm having a bit of a problem getting Hotseat to work with the 43 Civs version of the DLL. According to the website, it's compatible on its own with Hotseat, but it doesn't appear to be so. When I attempt to get it to work with the Custom Advanced Setup Screen (I've got v. 5 if that affects anything), it won't let me change players beyond player 1 to human, and it only says "Computer" (I've attached an image of this). I'd love to be able to get this working if possible.

Also as a sidenote, the "Improved Small Landmasses" mod has the same problem.

is the advanced setup mod and all other mods you use hotseat compatible?

Hey whoward, I think Global - City Working Distance has an issue with EUI. Mostly everything works out nicely but some things don't show up; list of units on the left side of screen being the most visual. There might be others, it's been some time since I checked.

Hey whoward, I think Global - City Working Distance has an issue with EUI. Mostly everything works out nicely but some things don't show up; list of units on the left side of screen being the most visual. There might be others, it's been some time since I checked.

No, these two mods are fully compatible. I use both in my multiplayer modpack (see signature). Also City working distance mod has no file that would affect any game file in any way. The only thing that I can imagine is, that the shown range from settler before settlement could be always 3, while it should be up to 5 with new working distance.

My conclusion is, that another mod causes problems. So which mods and other DLC packed mods (like EUI) do you have active?
So you should do:
- deactivate those other mods and find out which mod exactly is causing it
- enabling logging an take a look at the lua.log, if there is any error message and post them.
- maybe make a screenshot of the visual bugs. But the log with errors is more important

You can also see my modpack, if you have other compatibility questions, if my modpack contains those mods. I fixed all incompatibility I know of (I tested it very well, so I think it is a 95% chance, that I solved all incompatibility).

Hmm, you're right. I'm just trying to think what would prevent parts of EUI from showing up. The only mod that was shown to possibly have some issues was IGE but I followed the directions on the EUI page. I'll look at the EUI page and see what's up. Thank you.

I played for tens and tens of hours (62 civ version) just to get to the point I should make a proposal to World congress just to stumble upon a bug where world congress windows doesn't open. I went through this thread and found out quite few people are having the same issue. Is there solution? Please, please help!

Originally Posted by lost4468 View Post
There's a bug in your 62 civ dll, when it's my proposal to world congress then I can't open world congress, clicking the make proposal button does nothing. I fixed it by adding in the LeagueOverview.lua and LeagueOverview.xml from YnAEMP though, do you think you could add an official fix?

:goodjob:yep that worked , although author should actually add it on 4 future troubleshooting...:spear:

Can you please be more specific what did you do? You added in those files where?

Is this modpack fully compatible with CP w/ EUI? I see that some of the features are already included in CP but not all.
thanks!

The CP DLL was forked from this one, so it's "included" with CP.

This isn't really a modpack, however. The new features described are only enabled by using the appropriate minimods on whoward69's http://picknmixmods.com site.

Top Bottom