1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DLL - Various Mod Components

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by whoward69, Nov 4, 2012.

1. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

"Global - City Bombard Range - Buildings" is now available from my web site, it needs v95 of the DLL

v95 of DLL - VMC is now available on my web site
    - permits city bombard range to be set to 0
    - ranged ships always fire from sea level, even if the coastal city/fort they are in is on a hill!

Lt_Karan likes this.
  2. Nomad or What

Nomad or What Wayfarer Supporter

Both files downloaded. Can't wait to test it! :thumbsup:

3. bunkerman

bunkerman Chieftain

Hello, I recently came to civ 5 and after a bit i looked at your mods and was intrigued by the city range mod, after playing with it for a while i realised i would love to try it with even bigger cities, unfortunatelly when i asked in the civ 5 modding discord they basically said nobody knows how you did it because its a dll modification but that your pack is very open so there is a chance i can just modify the xml. unfortunatelly in the xml you write that its hardcoded in the dll to 5 and after i tried setting it to a higher number for fun it indeed stayed at 5 anyway. Is there any possibility of you making it possible to go higher ? I would love to try and make a mega city.

4. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

It is possible to change the DLL C++ code to support any upper limit you want, but a) you would need to make many non-trivial changes in the code and b) late game you would need a very powerful CPU/GPU to do the processing

5. bunkerman

bunkerman Chieftain

well i do have some basic C++ knowledge from back in school but many non-trivial changes sounds way above my paygrade. The CPU/GPU wouldnt be a problem since i recently upgraded into a beast machine. Anyway thanks for the response. Now that you outlined it i can see why you didnt do it for your modpack especially if you do not think bigger cities are fun. If you for some reason end up adding it to your collection id definitely play the hell out of it :D. Have a nice day.

6. bunkerman

bunkerman Chieftain

curiosity got the best of me and took a look into your mods files and i think i found the stuff that you talk about but not sure because it doesnt seem that non-trivial just a lot of trivial manual writing unless i am missing something. is this comment everything i need to do in the dll ? // If you want to increase this value, you must also add to the arrays aiCityPlotX, aiCityPlotY, aiCityPlotPriority and aaiXYCityPlot in CvGlobals.cpp

7. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

I make it in the region of 140 sections of code spread across 30 files that you'd have to check arn't broken - non-trivial in my books. Also, if you have to ask "am I missing something", the answer is certainly "yes"

8. bunkerman

bunkerman Chieftain

damn well already went through the trouble of obtaining the visual studio and stuff might as well give it a try.

9. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Don't forget you need to start with VS-2008

10. bunkerman

bunkerman Chieftain

yeah did that but unfortunatelly it seems it didnt work i guess wrong version of 2008 :D

EDIT: actually found the problem and it is that the newer version and older version didnt merge together so the newer version cant compile and the older version cant open your project

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  11. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

12. bunkerman

bunkerman Chieftain

well thanks that helped didnt expect the VC 2010 to be able to open VC 2015 files anyway got the mod to work for 7 tile cities (didnt want to do all that manual numbering for nothing) now i guess its just about how crazy i want to go with it :D thanks again for help

13. Lt_Karan

Lt_Karan Chieftain

Was wondering if v95 would be better than v88 for MPModPacks and for use in multiplayer matches. I suppose some of my logs are indicating the v88 DLL is causing some desyncs rn.

14. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Don't play MP so couldn't say

Lt_Karan likes this.
  15. Lt_Karan

Lt_Karan Chieftain

I see, thanks for the quick reply!

16. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Lt_Karan likes this.
  17. Lt_Karan

Lt_Karan Chieftain

18. Artisanix

Artisanix Warlord

I always wanted to ask about this, but always forget ;]

In Defines table there's such setting MAXIMUM_ACQUIRE_PLOT_DISTANCE with default val of 5.
    In normal game when I set it to 10 or 20 it works properly acquiring those tiles quite far away.

However with your DLL this process is capped at 5. I presume you changed that portion of code to implement features required for one of your mods with working distance for cities.

Is it possible to have both? I mean for buying/working 5 tiles max as it is now, and for acquiring automatically (via culture) the game will be using that value from DB as unmodified game does?

I wanted to look into this myself, so I checked your page for some dll source code, but found only a link named "DLL/C++" in mod tutorials section which leads to nowhere :(

EDIT:
    I was not here for so long that I forgot about signatures ;p You have the links in there :]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  19. Artisanix

Artisanix Warlord

Well, I was able to install plethora of those visual studios and make that small change in your's dll code - works in game just fine.
    However that code on your github is for 22 civs, right?
    And what about dll for 43 civs? Is the code for it somewhere and I'm blind, or is it requires some specific code change in that source on your git?

Would you be so kind and point me in the right direction? Of course, if you remember anything after so much time ;]

20. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

CustomModsGlobals.h