DMI XIII - The CTON

IIRC he did in the mind wipe episode with the phony war...
Another good episode. And a great discussion (total thread hi-jack). Actually, Lee, I think Ro 'bedded' Riker in that episode :D.

:lol: ... I remember that one too (acually, I'll be hardpressed to find one that I didn't remember :D):
-- "What if I snore in my sleep?"
-- "What makes you think you are getting any sleep?"

As to thread hi-jack, since there is no turnset being turned in, I am sure people wouldn't mind terribly a little harmless interlude of star trek. ;)

hmmn - an episode that GFox doesn't remember - that is a challenge. How will we test this? Quote a line and ask him for the context? Play the tease (pre titles) and ask him for the balance of the story line?

Ok, how about this ... please give me the link between the design team of the engines and Scotland? Answer requires episode titles, main theme of show and the actual link!

Sorry this was delayed - today was my last written assignment of the semester. Also sorry for the lack of screenshots, something between a new keyboard and a switch to Vista (or the guy between computer and chair) is messed up.

Turn 0: Start my first SG turn in a long while by pressing enter.

Turn 1: Archery comes in. I select Mathmatics next, since we have forests to chop for the first SOD.

Turn 2: Settler finishes and heads for Gold/Sheep/Cows spot. I revolt to Slavery.

Turn 4: We get our first kill when Cyrus's scout wanders too close to our axeman.

Turn 5: ScoutKiller axeman strikes again! Ning-Hsia is founded.

Turn 6: One of our chariots kills another scout.

Turn 7: Pyramids BIADL.

Turn 8: Ramses' archer chooses unwisely and remains in our forest. A keshik takes it out.

Turn 9: Math comes in, Iron Working selected.

Turn 10: We loose a scouting chariot to an archer :(

Keshik count is currently 5, and we have 2 Gers, so they're double-promo Keshiks. I slaved our first two cities this round, but I didn't chop anything. With Maths in and our cities connected up, the next player can probably whip and chop a lot more Keshiks and have some fun. The Cap especially should probably be whipped right away, since it's unhappy due to pop but has no whip unhappiness left.

The roster:

Imhotep - Up!
Atlas - On Deck
pigswill
Ozbenno
berserks01
GreyFox
sunrise089 - Just played

The save:

Attachments

• DMI XIII BC-0760.CivBeyondSwordSave
    115.7 KB · Views: 75
I will EDIT this post with the turnset.
Thou most certainly SHALL NOT. It is the worst form of sin to be committed on a SG forumn, ... well apart from not posting a got it, posting a got it and then not playing, etc, etc.

Ruff said:
please give me the link between the design team of the engines and Scotland? Answer requires episode titles, main theme of show and the actual link!
Well, that will be bordering a trivial-type question and I hate trivial type questions. What can I offer right now it should have something to do with Dr Leah Brahms, Utopia Plantentia Fleet Yard off Mars, and the episodes would most probably be 11001001, Booby Trap, Galaxy's Child or Eye of the Beholder. But I know nothing of Scotland related in TNG, except Scotty and Beverly Crusher. ... (and of-course that stupid episode that is totally Scottish, Sub-Rosa).

Thou most certainly SHALL NOT. It is the worst form of sin to be committed on a SG forumn, ... well apart from not posting a got it, posting a got it and then not playing, etc, etc.

Well, that will be bordering a trivial-type question and I hate trivial type questions. What can I offer right now it should have something to do with Dr Leah Brahms, Utopia Plantentia Fleet Yard off Mars, and the episodes would most probably be 11001001, Booby Trap, Galaxy's Child or Eye of the Beholder. But I know nothing of Scotland related in TNG, except Scotty and Beverly Crusher. ... (and of-course that stupid episode that is totally Scottish, Sub-Rosa).

Oh I certainly shall sir! :)

Surely a team of such learned veterans need not rely on email notifications to check back for my turns when they just read a notice from me informing them I will edit my post right away...especially when they have to keep refreshing the page to get new StarTrek trivia ;)

Good work, especially identifying the most stupid episode (sub-rosa), and Scotty is the Scotland connection, but how are you going to link Dr Leah Brahms (Booby Trap, Galaxy's Child) to Scotty? You need 1 more episode, a conversation between two people and a line of dialog from that conversation.

Lurker

Ive been playing a shadow of the game. I wont tell you if I won or lost...no spoilers or hints either. What I will say is this. This has been the most fun, sweat inducing, caffeine drinking game Iver ever played..... filled with tactical errors and tactical triumphs. If your game ends up going in the later AD's, be prepared for some long turns.

With that said, how can start a similiar game at epic speed. I cant seem to find HB_InlandSea V2, Balanced Resources....as a map script. I know I have to change something so that the AI's are at war with each other too....but am unsure how to do that too.......is there a simple MOD I can get to be able to play this as many times as I like.

Great job churning out those Keshiks with Ger. But how did the capitol end up with +2 unhappiness? Should have whipped a library or settler.

What's exactly our plan? Do we go attack someone, or do we continue to settler the nearby lands?

@Ruff: So that's what you meant by a link? I was thinking that someone in the design team must be a Scots or something. That's easy. In Relics (that Dylson Sphere episode), towards the end, Geordi told Scotty about the giant space baby Enterprise rescued after accidentally killing its mother. This happened in the Galaxy Child episode, where Geordi and the visiting Dr Leah Brahms (who was the designer of the propulsion system of Enterprise when she was a junior member of the design team) came up with an idea to turn down the vibration of the energy the baby was sucking from the enterprise so that the baby would disengaged. I think Scotty commented about souring the milk.

@Ruff: So that's what you meant by a link? I was thinking that someone in the design team must be a Scots or something. That's easy. In Relics (that Dylson Sphere episode), towards the end, Geordi told Scotty about the giant space baby Enterprise rescued after accidentally killing its mother. This happened in the Galaxy Child episode, where Geordi and the visiting Dr Leah Brahms (who was the designer of the propulsion system of Enterprise when she was a junior member of the design team) came up with an idea to turn down the vibration of the energy the baby was sucking from the enterprise so that the baby would disengaged. I think Scotty commented about souring the milk.
yes, well, obviously that was way too easy [correct BTW]. For a bonus point can you provide a link between the episode you quoted above and Civ4? I admit in advance that is the weakest of links.

New concept. Parallel threads in a single thread. One full of trivia, the other talking about Star Trek.

I think we can take out Orange to our NW with a sod of Keshiks.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one here who has NOT seen a single episode of Star Trek EVER :goodjob:

I think we can take out Orange to our NW with a sod of Keshiks.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one here who has NOT seen a single episode of Star Trek EVER :goodjob:

All in favor of banning Beserk from the game until this is corrected, say "Aye" :)

At least you have a powerful resource at your disposal. We should create a listing of episodes for Berserk to acquire at watch to introduce him to the series.

well, you are going to get a pretty low score in the quiz that GFox and I are putting together.

Lurker

Ive been playing a shadow of the game. I wont tell you if I won or lost...no spoilers or hints either. What I will say is this. This has been the most fun, sweat inducing, caffeine drinking game Iver ever played..... filled with tactical errors and tactical triumphs. If your game ends up going in the later AD's, be prepared for some long turns.

With that said, how can start a similiar game at epic speed. I cant seem to find HB_InlandSea V2, Balanced Resources....as a map script. I know I have to change something so that the AI's are at war with each other too....but am unsure how to do that too.......is there a simple MOD I can get to be able to play this as many times as I like.

@Cable:

Just write me a PM with the settings you'd like and I can set up the map for you. Or, I could explain to you how it's done, but that would require some more time. Choose wisely™! ;)

As for the map: The map isn't designed for Single Player use, but for MP play. Therefore you can find it on the civplayers league (that is where I now spend most civ time on): http://league.civplayers.com/index.php?section=downloads

Imhotep

P.S.: I'm gonna play tomorrow along with OB-07, and I'd like to point out that the only thing I'll accept is the Enterprise with Kirk, Scotty and Spock. 'Nuff said.

Sunrise said:
You're right about capital unhappiness being silly. We can always whip a 3-pop Keshik.
I never said "silly" :mischief: .... but I think whipping 3-pop keshiks (I think you meant whipping with no invested hammers -- that's the only way for a Keshik to cost 3 pops) is wasteful. Better to whip a library.

Berserks said:
I'm pretty sure I'm the only one here who has NOT seen a single episode of Star Trek EVER
Pity for you ... it was a good series. Even the one with kirk, scotty and spock.

Ruff said:
For a bonus point can you provide a link between the episode you quoted above and Civ4?
Hmm ... that's hard. Don't seems to remember anything related to Civ except "engineering" :lol: ... Unless you are actually referring to the companion of Scotty who did not survive the transporter suspension sharing the same first name as a Civ4 leader.

On a side note... What happend to Deviant Minds? That website... is not the one I remember

Top Bottom