1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DMI XV - Gorgeous Cathy (BULL Mod)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by ·Imhotep·, May 5, 2010.

1. Rex Tyrannus

Rex Tyrannus 280lbs of gross stupidity

you do not need a reinstall. I have Win7 and I had to uninstall any form of BUG/BAT/BULL I had. Then, I installed 4.3 using right click->run as admin. Install as a mod, not custom assets. I think single player is the option.

2. omni_paul

omni_paul Mr. Shambles

:deadhorse:

3. omni_paul

omni_paul Mr. Shambles

:ninja::banana:

4. ·Imhotep·

·Imhotep· Legendary Builder

5. ·Imhotep·

·Imhotep· Legendary Builder

Not much to report. We meet Hannibal and have founded a new city. Connected copper. One more Settler is on the way to grab a nice spot. We should focus on getting a military soon. And start laying down and working those cottages, so we can keep expanding. I teched Fishing and now on to Math - going for the Oracle might have been better, but we have so many chops Math will be worthwhile when it comes in.

Imhotep

P.S.: Whoever wants it can grab it, but I think pholk should try...

Attached Files:

6. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

i've tried to install it as a single-player...get the msg that mods/bug4.3 doesn't exist, ignoring....then game continually gets caught at some point, no matter if i'm in 4.3 or not, it claims im not and needs to restart...just tried again and it opened up 3 civ's and was on its way to a fourth when i used task manager to end them all.

when i install as mod, i get a error writing a file... an arm.dds file... if you ignore, it has a problem writing foot.dds file... so i don't know what to do now ~

someone pls help. a fresh install seems best there, i think, then what? install it as a mod or what?? there's only one user on the computer, so i'm automatically the admin, no??

help me obi wan kenobi...you're my only hope...

7. Rex Tyrannus

no. You have to explicitly tell Windows to run the installer as an admin. Right click the installer and say "run as admin". It will ask you for your password and then you are golden. (At least as far as running as admin. I don't know if that'll solve your issue.)

8. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

in the words of george takei:

holy geez!

that worked ~ i feel totally stoopid but in any case....i loaded up the save and it went fine after i installed as admin. why now does it work like that??

if we really wanna grab all those cities, or at least the immediate two bordering our neighbors, perhaps i should whip a couple settlers out?

9. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

im not just whistling in the dark here ~ its been awhile since i played civ and need a bit of help. is whipping two more settlers, building warriors, cottaging and settling the proper move here, for my turns??

10. Rex Tyrannus

I'm sorry. It's been a while for us all since you've kept us waiting two weeks. Um...let's see...we're England in this game?

11. omni_paul

omni_paul Mr. Shambles

I'd be worried that getting two settlers that quickly will cripple our research. Particularly because in this variant we're probably going to need a tech lead to give them away.

12. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

alrightey...not much to report.

i founded our new city where the settler was headed:
    PIC

I also started another settler after our first granary and axeman was done at Moscow. We built a granary in our Golden City, Here's our city as our workers swarm over it:
    PIC

and here's our lone axeman heading west to do some guard duty.
    PIC

the next axeman should head east. i also think we really shoudl crank out 2 settlers and settle both eastern sites asap. the top city is the more worthwhile one but we can't really hold it securely without the southern one, so let's get both :nod:

we also met up with gilgamesh and got OB. I think we should expand right now, as land always means better.

and here's the save:

Attached Files:

13. Rex Tyrannus

Well, I believe that makes me up. I will play tomorrow AM. Sorry for the delay.

14. Rex Tyrannus

Well we somehow got off by five turns here. I was going to play 15 to bring us up, but a decision is needed.

First though, for a diplomacy-driven game, we're not doing so hot.

Nobody likes us. We do need to get three civs to friendly, right? Not cautious? Moving on, I founded Yekaterrawhositwhatsit and our economy took a hit.

Of course, it had a lot to do with me whipping libraries everywhere, but we still have a ton of cities. Actually, Gilgamesh also has six cities, though we have a seventh settler heading up to northern crabs.

He arrived on my last turn. But as you see, our economy has dropped to 20% science. Do we want to found the city? 30% is usually my cutoff for expansion. Metalcasting is somethnig like 22 turns away now.

In other news, I opened borders with Carthage.

He was the only one willing. If figured we needed at least one positive diplo modifier in this game. Finally, I spent some of my builds on workboats. We need them.

Oh, and we have enough workers.

Attached Files:

15. omni_paul

omni_paul Mr. Shambles

Dum de dum. I wonder what a roster would look like after all these swaps and delays...

• ruff
    • Imhotep
    • pholkherina
    • Rex - Just Played
    • omni_paul - UP

Oh crap, that'd be me then. Got it, will play tonight.

16. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

if u whipped all those settlers, let's run scientists everywhere and anywhere we can for a bit while our economy improves, esp at the new crab city. lets keep expanding and filling up our little bit of an island.

also, i think we should get a fair tech lead before we start gifting techs and such to get them to friendly. maybe in the middle ages we can start handing out techs.

and sorry about the pictures...guess i didn't upload them :(

17. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

if u whipped all those settlers libraries, let's run scientists everywhere and anywhere we can for a bit while our economy improves, esp at the new crab city. lets keep expanding and filling up our little bit of an island.

also, i think we should get a fair tech lead before we start gifting techs and such to get them to friendly. maybe in the middle ages we can start handing out techs.

and sorry about the pictures...guess i didn't upload them :(

18. omni_paul

omni_paul Mr. Shambles

Sorry, sorry, sorry. Things got crazy last night (this is meant to be my quiet week! :mad:). Will play and post tonight, promise.

19. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

must be on pholk time

20. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

and rex ~ email me re: new strips...i got a backlog over here (read in a new york, trucker accent)