DMI XV - Gorgeous Cathy (BULL Mod)

i actually think i'm gonna wait for civ5 for another PH SG...something like "Learning the Ropes"

in any case, in the actual game here, i played another 10 more turns.

we got calendar and constr, were tasked with building 7 triremes, and founded two more cities.

i converted to buddhism in teh hopes of getting babylon up to friendly. I also think we should take out tokugawa for ourselves.

Attachments

• DMI XV AD-0700.CivBeyondSwordSave
    203.8 KB · Views: 112
Well now, we've had turns for the first time this summer (or winter for our ass backward Australian friends).

I suppose I could play, but not with any real intelligence. Anyone object?

I played 10, but I was lazy and took no screenshots. Mostly builder turns, though a couple of our cities that are full of infrastructure built cats and swords.

Mongols declared on Ramses and tried to bring us in. I said no. One of those two also built the AP and Ramses won the election (I abstained).

I sold Polytheism to someone for 100 gold.

I set workers on automate trade routes.

I forgot to turn on autolog until somewhere around turn 3
Spoiler :

Logging by BUG Mod 4.3 [Build 2139] (BtS 3.13-3.19)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 148/500 (760 AD) [19-Aug-2010 20:38:55]

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
40% Research: 89 per turn
0% Espionage: 28 per turn
60% Gold: 7 per turn, 77 in the bank

After End Turn:
Moscow finishes: Catapult
A Hamlet was built near Yekaterinburg
Yakutsk finishes: Library
A Hamlet was built near Vladivostok

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Gilgamesh (Sumeria) towards DMI XV (Russia), from 'Pleased' to 'Friendly'
Attitude Change: Genghis Khan (Mongolia) towards Gilgamesh (Sumeria), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'

Turn 149/500 (780 AD) [19-Aug-2010 20:38:57]
Diplomacy (Help Request): Roosevelt (America) asks DMI XV (Russia) for Metal Casting; DMI XV REFUSES.
Diplomacy: Hannibal (Carthage) offers to trade Gold (100) to DMI XV (Russia) for Polytheism
Diplomacy: DMI XV (Russia) accepts trade of Polytheism to Hannibal (Carthage) for Gold (100)
Tech traded to Hannibal (Carthage): Polytheism
Moscow begins: Catapult (4 turns)
Yakutsk begins: Market (10 turns)
A Cottage was built near Vladivostok
A Cottage was built near Novgorod
50% Research: 109 per turn
50% Gold: -14 per turn, 184 in the bank

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
Genghis Khan (Mongolia) declares war on Ramesses II (Egypt)
Attitude Change: Ramesses II (Egypt) towards Genghis Khan (Mongolia), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'
Attitude Change: Genghis Khan (Mongolia) towards Hannibal (Carthage), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'

Turn 150/500 (800 AD) [19-Aug-2010 20:42:04]
A Farm was built near Yekaterinburg
A Plantation was built near Yekaterinburg
A Mine was built near Smolensk
50% Research: 115 per turn
50% Gold: -11 per turn, 170 in the bank

After End Turn:
Yaroslavl' finishes: Lighthouse
Smolensk finishes: Granary
Orenburg finishes: Monument

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Genghis Khan (Mongolia) towards Hannibal (Carthage), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'

Turn 151/500 (820 AD) [19-Aug-2010 20:44:11]
Yaroslavl' begins: Swordsman (3 turns)
Smolensk begins: Library (9 turns)
Orenburg begins: Library (15 turns)
50% Research: 116 per turn
50% Gold: -13 per turn, 159 in the bank

After End Turn:
A Village was built near St. Petersburg
Yekaterinburg finishes: Buddhist Temple

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Hannibal (Carthage) towards Genghis Khan (Mongolia), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Civics Change: Gilgamesh(Sumeria) from 'Paganism' to 'Organized Religion'

Turn 152/500 (840 AD) [19-Aug-2010 20:46:19]
Diplomacy (War Request): Genghis Khan (Mongolia) asks DMI XV (Russia) to declare war on Ramesses II (Egypt); DMI XV REFUSES.
Moscow begins: Catapult (3 turns)
Yekaterinburg begins: Buddhist Monastery (9 turns)
50% Research: 127 per turn
50% Gold: -11 per turn, 146 in the bank

After End Turn:
A Hamlet was built near Moscow
Yaroslavl' finishes: Swordsman
Vladivostok finishes: Library

Turn 153/500 (860 AD) [19-Aug-2010 20:48:17]
Yaroslavl' begins: Catapult (3 turns)
Vladivostok begins: Market (75 turns)
50% Research: 127 per turn
50% Gold: -14 per turn, 135 in the bank

After End Turn:
Novgorod finishes: Lighthouse
A Village was built near Yaroslavl'

Turn 154/500 (880 AD) [19-Aug-2010 20:51:07]
Moscow begins: Catapult (3 turns)
Novgorod begins: Christian Temple (8 turns)

We got a great merchant who can bulb CS (but we're one turn away from it) or start a GA.

Attachments

• DMI XV AD-0880.CivBeyondSwordSave
    216.3 KB · Views: 70
let's wait and see what the GM will bulb next...

also, I'm lazier. i took the pics, and didn't post them.

finally, Bindy ~ stop your bellyaching and get over to the new site...

Sorry guys, I have been ill for a few days now, and besides, I am now part of the apolyton page team :D . The site has relaunched and will have a lot in store in the next weeks. Check it out: http://apolyton.net

So much for the commercial break, I'm going to play and report tomorrow or Friday! :)

When did sword of the flings turn into the Colorado Wing Glider site, that must have been one hell of a spell from Merlin???

Sigh. Here's the deal. www.swordoftheflings.com had been hosted by my Father-In-Law's group host account with GoDaddy. He had many of his customers' sites on that account and also the Colorado Civil Air Patrol's.

In January, physicians found an alarming glioblastoma in amongst my Father-In-Law's brain. Ever since, he's been fighting for his life, more or less sacrificing of his business. The account which hosts all those sites defaulted and SotF went off the air.

I have since moved the site over to another server (though I had to start over with the code and the database is gone). Unfortunately, my Father-in-Law's defunct business is still in control of the domain name. I was able to get him to set it over to the new server, but something is not working. (He didn't do it right, but I can't blame a man who's going through Chemotherapy, and radiation therapy at the same time.)

In the meantime, the Colorado Civil Air Patrol is the only site left on that box (someone else has taken over paying for it) and it's still "listening" on the old address. SotF is moved over, but there's some sort of caching going on with most DNS servers. I can get to the site at work and from my home Mac, but not my home PC.

I am working to resolve, but I really need my Father-In-Law's conscious help. He got out of (his third) surgery yesterday and I'm hoping he'll recover within the week.

We'll see. In the meantime, I also bought www.swordoftheflings.net (but that's having issues for me, others say it works) and people are always able to alter their own hosts file to point to 216.27.73.141 (though I updated the site last night and broke something--give me a day to work it out).

No good about the father in law, hope all goes well on that front.

The .net site also takes me to the air glider site, oh well.

Yeah. :( anyhow, if it doesn't work for you, you can always edit your hosts file. Add these two lines:

216.27.73.141 swordoftheflings.com
216.27.73.141 www.swordoftheflings.com

I can send you instructions on how to edit your hosts file, if you'd like

And get on with the game will someone.

You'd be welcome to, I'm sure.

She's not dead, Jim!

I just waited for Civ V to disappoint me, and will now continue with this one. If there is no one left of the roster, I'll just finish it myself and post updates :D .

Happy Christmas time to everyone!

Top Bottom