Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Chosen

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell19

Take a break
I think this is the best choice but it could be possible for us to choose who we wanted to play against. Go vote!

I voted for 'chosen' enemies - though who knows, we could actually become friends with some of them.

The only reason I say this is because I think it would be more fun to go up against a whole new group of rivals. It would seem weird if Genghis found his way to Alpha as well - though he made a very good whipping boy. :)

In any case, perhaps an impartial third party - like Smash or someone - could develop the map and decide, we'd just let him know the civs NOT to choose and the final decisions we came up with regarding the map itself. This way, everyone would be starting from the "dark" as it were. Perhaps Smash even has a nifty little custom map that he could provide for us as well. I know that he probably could put it on either Classic or MGE format.

Anyway, that's my $0.02

Okay, after reading Kev's comments I've decided to not vote just yet. I definitely prefer NOT knowing from the outset who the other civs are, but Kev's idea makes sense. If we can manage that I would be in favor, otherwise I vote for random

Originally posted by Dell19
Well someone needs to ask Smash then...

I'll be happy to PM him - I'm sure he'll be willing. He can either send someone the save game or even post it here.

Soon as we have all of the particulars and details about which map/civs/etc we'd like to play it should be no worries.

I'll send him one now to give him a 'heads up'.

Great idea Kev. :goodjob:
So are there any civs that we don't want especially?
I'm tempted to say that we shouldn't start with the civs from the old game, but allow them to be resurrected if we choose to have that feature on. We definitely don't want a game like this month's GotM in case Smash decides we'd be stuck in Anarchy the whole game. ;) We could still get a conquest. With er, warriors. I say we should have resurrection on but maybe we can vote on that or just decide in this thread.

I've heard back from Smash and he has agreed to do the map for us. All we need do is get him the particulars. I'm sure he won't force a government on us or anything, but I'll give him the option of using the ol' map editor to give us an interesting terrain and civ starting positions if that's OK with everyone.

I'd suggest giving him the list of our former rivals and ask that those specific ones NOT be inculuded - at least at the start. Having the restart on would be very interesting and could provide some humerous circumstances. I'd have no problem if you'd all like to have that feature enabled.

That Smash-map could be very nice. I chose for no restarts in the other poll as we are now chosing a map that won't contain old enemies and with restart on the old enemies could appear anyway! Then it has no purpose to make such a map in the first place.

Well it wouldn't matter so much if our old enemies reappeared by restarting...

Chosen, but not known. I don't want woosies by some random fluke. Smash knows what civs work well toghether, and so we should have him pick a strong mix.

So the general opinion is that we have random enemies, but not the previous enemies and Smash gets to choose which enemies we have without us knowing.

Well, I don't know who the old rivals were, so I wouldn't notice. I'd agree with the enemies being chosen by a third party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom