Do you guys think Civ 6 will happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohu1111

Chieftain
Does anybody think there will be a Civ 6? If so do you think it will it be better than Civ 5? Why or why not?

Also, what kind of new features do you guys want Civ 6 to have?

Do you want any features from Civ BE in it?

--- ohu1111

Certainly there will be a civ6.
The question is : will it be addictive enough to reactivate my love for repetition?
That's my main problem with civ5. Most civ5 games have the same pattern
and that becomes boring very quick. (4 cities, tradition, rationalism -> <press> EoT)

Certainly there will be a civ6.
The question is : will it be addictive enough to reactivate my love for repetition?
That's my main problem with civ5. Most civ5 games have the same pattern
and that becomes boring very quick. (4 cities, tradition, rationalism -> <press> EoT)

As much as I'd like frequent patchs I came to the conclusion I would not be better served than by myself with modding to kill this monotony.

They're working their butts off on Civ VI, but it won't be announced until they've milked Civ BE for as much money as possible and its actually close to being done. If its not better than Civ V, they will feel it in the bank account pretty hard, but that is a matter of opinion anyways.

I'd love it if they changed the military to creating armies instead of units, and brought back the ability to create a big ol' stack of death like the old days. Instead of military units, with one purpose, an army would be created instead and production would be used to strengthen aspects of it. A full city smashing stack of death could be created using tons of production and gold, with each section of the army being strengthened by what the city decided to work on that turn. The effects would be the same as now, but the change would give us so much more control and make things far more realistic. The army can of course be split into platoons, with management down to the last man as to how strong you want each platoon to be. I'm sure they can multiply the combat shown in Civ 4-5-BE to show thousands of little dudes crushing each other on the map in the space of a couple tiles. And as for the 1 mile per year rate of army travel, that is preposterous. This absolutely should be cleaned up to maybe be army defense range or end of turn targets instead of moving either 1 or 2 tiles every 100 years like this game does. Tile tactics are great, but 1 unit per tile is silly.

I'd also rather it not take 1000 years to build one stinking library, and instead have it be more realistic and work on building realistic infrastructure. Like a darn library on every street corner after 30 years of work! Wonders could also be changed so that they are ONLY built by great people, instead of us wasting our time building and building to lose it to someone on the last turn. The effects and the creation of buildings would not change from normal Civ, but it would make city management better since you could see immediate, albeit ridiculously small, results. There is no need to go to sim city style city management, as just choosing libraries for a couple turns would automatically place them throughout the city. But it would be cool to see the awesome city you were leading build itself up by focusing production/Gold on certain buildings to build throughout its range. A brand new city view screen or allowing super-zoom would be amazing in this game as well.

Other than that, I love the meat and potatoes of Civ, which is population growth, researching technologies, and managing the areas around a city that the population works. Whatever they change with that, I am fine with, as it is close enough now to reality to make me happy.

I also have not played Civ BE yet, and from what I have heard there is nothing I want from that game at all.

To OP :
AFAIK, Firaxis wouldn't go bankrupt soon. There will certainly Civ6 in at most 5 years from now
[UselessWallOfText]
unless the unlikely circumstance (at least so far) that the world blown up, gamer hates historical, Turn-based strategy, game that involve war, game that involve peaceful coexistence with other nations or human realize game is ultimately a waste of productive time and spend entire live on another activity or humanity as we know it are destroyed or assimilated or brainwashed into something else.
[/UselessWallOfText]

Consider how unlikely the event above, There will certainly Civ6 in at most 5 years from now.

What do you think made Civ 5 so addictive exactly?

I would honestly say that number of quality MODS is only that keeping me for ocassionally playing Civ5 now.
It take about four minutes to load Civ5 BNW and three more minutes to load large number of Civ5 mods and three extra to start a game and more than 10 seconds for each turn I have which I play just for the sake and enjoyment of waging war against Switzerland as Chola Empire. Because I can remember all Unique that Firaxis civ have and I am not bother waiting to start in optimal location and playing in "perfect" or optimal way just to "tell" someone I beat a higher difficulty than King.

That alone is the reason I choose to spend waiting times for few games which I enjoyed, including Civ4 (with and without FfH2+Fall Further) , SMAC and few Grand Strategy game made by certain Swedish developer.

Would there be a baseline game that includes all the extras and "subgames" that comprise the Civ5 universe? But not Beyond Earth. I see that as a distinctly separate entity.
It seems that would be a starting point for a version 6.

They will make Civ 6, and when it is new, everyone will complain that it is too simplistic and dumbed down from Civ 5.

This is how they make Civ games now. The first one is pretty bare bones. Then they will release a DLC that will make it pretty good. Then they will release another DLC that will make the game really good, and finished.

They will make Civ 6, and when it is new, everyone will complain that it is too simplistic and dumbed down from Civ 5.

This is how they make Civ games now. The first one is pretty bare bones. Then they will release a DLC that will make it pretty good. Then they will release another DLC that will make the game really good, and finished.

I expect this to be the case. I bet Civ 5 BNW will be superior to Civ 6 for its first couple of years.

Either that or they will learn from BE's backlash and release a nicely polished game from the get go.

I do think they'll make a Civ 6 but it's hard too imagine what they could improve in terms of graphics which was a huge appeal of Civ 5. I mean it's just been constant changes since Civ III with graphics but I think it peaked in Civ 5 and it's hard to imagine where they could improve; for those who don't believe graphics are a huge deal, just look at CivBE - it got flack for looking like a Civ 5.

you doubt the arrival of civ6? the question isn't that its coming, but how good it will be.

most likely not going to be amazing at first, than 2 expansions later it will be a complete game

if it sticks to the Civ model of course

At this point, since Firaxis seems to be set on moving ahead with BE, I suspect they will hold off on Civ 6 until BE gets its second expansion so Civ VI doesn't interfere with BE's sales.

So 2017, probably.

I thought Civ 5 has been described by critics as "dumbed down?" So, if Civ 6 is dumber, that can't be encouraging. :sad:

Not only critic, but this forum was practically flooded by many who complain about it (including me, actually) and several "stop whining" post. There are many who wrote in-depth analysis (which some stem it from their own opinion) why Civ5 sucked.

I think Firaxis tested fan's loyalty too far with Civ5 vanila and it's pretty much all-time low of Civ fan's love of Firaxis (before CivBE release anyway). If Civ6 turn out to be worse then I guess I would just stick with Civ4 BtS :)

Thank you all for your opinions. I was just wondering what others thought about the past and future of the Civ series. If any others wish to express their opinion, please feel free!

----ohu1111

I think civ 6 will have its vanilla version and then its usual expansions that make it a new civ 6 with its non-vanilla expansions.

If they are smart, they will literally get their act together.

I'm pretty sure after Civ 3, 4 and 5 that the community by now has caught on to their "tactic" even BE is affected by the exact same thing.

Civ 6 should be worked on to create a solid base game and not something that relies on an Expansion Pack to get it to feel right.

Regardless, chances are, I will still get it.

I'm hoping we'll see something in 2016, not everyone likes BE and I think some people would want a fresh game.

I'm pretty sure after Civ 3, 4 and 5 that the community by now has caught on to their "tactic" even BE is affected by the exact same thing.
facts right here FACTS, i have defended BE for this exact reason civ V vanilla was terrible

BE vanilla is almost the same but with improved Combat trade routes and the espionage[although the espionage is totally broken right now]

Civ 6 should be worked on to create a solid base game and not something that relies on an Expansion Pack to get it to feel right.

Listen Firaxes that is what a vanilla game is supposed to be

I'm hoping we'll see something in 2016, not everyone likes BE and I think some people would want a fresh game.
2016 is the 25 year Anniversary of Civ so i think we will be hearing something at somepoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom