Do you play your games all the way through?

I was just wondering what everyone else's take on this. Me and my roomates usually give up if it seems like we're at a point where we can't possibly win. But sometimes when you keep playing you find a way to pull it out and that seems like more of an accomplishment.

So what's everyone else's style? Do you see it through to the bitter end even if it means losing, or do you abandon your people at the first sign of defeat?

recently ive been getting bored of civ so ive been quitting about half way... haha

i think i overplayed it to death.

I think I do the opposite, where I'll play a game to the point where there's no possible way I could lose anymore, and then I stop. If things look hopeless, then I'll keep playing it out until they're conquering my last few cities.

I fight to the last city generally its not over until its over although it generally doesnt come to this :)

When I first started playing I probably would quit if things looked bad but zerksees recovary with that Japanise game realy inspired me to stick it out and fight to the last!

I generally fight to the last. In fact, from the 1400s until the end of the game, I was a one city nation! (And it was my starting capital).

But in the begining, if the starting area really suks, I quit (and restart)

That's one of the reasons I started playing HOF games. Actually aiming for something, so I actually finish the game. Lots of other games got boring once the games were under control, I couldn't be bothered playing it out just to see the victory screen.

Annoyingly, I start a game with a wish to play the industrial/modern ages, then get bored by the time I reach there.

I suffer from the same 'when you know you've won, it gets boring' way of thinking described above. I actually like games where I feel I'm losing...the satisfaction of victory is amazing.

Almost always get bored when I achieve a position of dominance. Finished this months GOTM, should I finish my Huge Monarch game, nah lets try a Tiny Deity for a laugh (Conquest win 700AD in 5 hours!). Still have that Chieftain-all-possible-improvements-in-one-city game somewhere too...

Depends. If it looks like I'm going to beat a personal best, I'll keep playing. However once I'm at a point of knowing I could win by any means I choose, I'll often stop.

If I have neither horses nor iron and an aggressive civ nearby, I just start a new game. I just don't have the patience to slug it out with my archers and warriors against their better units, and I prefer not to war at all in the Ancient Age.

I finish most of the games I start ... win or loose.

Generally try to get at least 2 victory conditions under my belt ... usually point and domination. Once I got close to domination, then switched my objective to conquest (not to hard... but fun).

I used to restart if I got a bad location ... not anymore. I'm now playing China and my start was in a dessert/plains location (very slow growth). I'm stuck on an island with no luxuries. Just had to crush Egypt to get some incense and gems (lots of gems).

If I start with a specific strategy, like I'm the Iroquois and I want a Domination Victory and I don't get horses then I quit and reload. But if I just want to play a game I take what comes. Sometimes when things seem bleak it's the funnest.

That being said I don't stick around for the "Humilating Defeat" pop up.
I'd rather put the time those last few turns would take into a new start.

Top Bottom