Do you wash your own clothes?

Who washes your clothes?

• Total voters
Why is there no "Downtown" option in the poll.

I have also used a launderette in the past but where I was you could not go to the pub if you wanted to find your clothes when you got back.

I have a washing machine and do it myself. My mom always worked full time so even when I was young I did my own laundry. I quickly learned not to mess with women's laundry since there are so many things you can shrink in the dryer or are dry clean only. When I'm back in the US the only thing not my own that I wash are towels.

When I was away at college I washed my own clothes, but I had enough that I could usually go at least a month between laundry days.

Now that I am living at home again, my mom usually takes my clothes and puts them in with the rest of the family's laundry whether I am ready to have them washed yet or not. Usually either my sister or I has to wash everyone's clothes. Mom however insists that we all hang up or fold our own though, even though it would be more efficient for one person to do so before sorting through everything.

Uh yeah, I do my own. Sure it would be nice if my dog or cats could manage it, but they've no thumbs.

I used to wash my own clothes, but I have a wife now. So I only do wash my own clothes occasionally.

Really, do people here hate Indonesia that much? We've been a close ally and supporter of the United States for years. You guys have been our third largest export partner for I don't know how many. Some respect would be nice.

As an Upper class briton I only let Indonesians clean my clothes, proper order of things :p

Really, do people here hate Indonesia that much? We've been a close ally and supporter of the United States for years. You guys have been our third largest export partner for I don't know how many. Some respect would be nice.
I respect the low end labor your country exports here.

As an Upper class briton I only let Indonesians clean my clothes, proper order of things :p

You mean you're not well off enough to afford British housemaids? Shame.

I used to wash my own clothes, but I have a wife now. So I only do it occasionally.

What do you do occasionally:confused:

Before my washing machine broke a few weeks ago I used to do my wifes clothes apart from the hand wash stuff that she did herself. Must go and buy another machine doing it in the bath is a pain.

I respect the low end labor your country exports here.

You respect "low end" labor, do you? Pity, as a human being I thought you'd have higher standards.

You respect "low end" labor, do you? Pity, as a human being I thought you'd have higher standards.
Sure, it's great to see someone accept their current station in life and trying to work their way up. More respectable than someone relying on unearned wealth to skate by.

My wife normally washes my clothes. She's fine with that, since I do most of the other household chores.

Sure, it's great to see someone accept their current station in life and trying to work their way up. More respectable than someone relying on unearned wealth to skate by.

I don't know why you have to go out of your way to be an insinuating jerk. "Unearned wealth"? My father came from a middle-class blue collar family and worked his way up with effort and absolute integrity. You ought to really find out about people first instead of making ill-bred assumptions.

I don't know why you have to go out of your way to be an insinuating jerk. "Unearned wealth"? My father came from a middle-class blue collar family and worked his way up with effort and absolute integrity. You ought to really find out about people first instead of making ill-bred assumptions.
I wasn't talking about your father.

I wash mine every Wednesday. And put Abaddon's in a washing machine once in a while.
Why can't Abaddon wash his own clothes?

My clothes are washed by the washing machine.
But who puts them in the washing machine?

Knowing this particular mix of people, I'm reasonably sure they're teasing... but if you're truly offended, ask a moderator to step in.

To be honest, I really don't mind washing clothes. It's ironing I have a problem with.

Top Bottom