DocT Discussion Thread

When the first game reports for space or late domination victories come in.

Peffersack applied as well for T5, maybe we should really go with a Large 80%water world, and skip everyone who cannot follow the 24/48 rule, including me - Pfeffersack may not be a Deity level player so far, but he is the only other RaR veteran.

And Sioux is decided on,right?

Doc Tsiolkovski said:
When the first game reports for space or late domination victories come in.

Peffersack applied as well for T5, maybe we should really go with a Large 80%water world, and skip everyone who cannot follow the 24/48 rule, including me - Pfeffersack may not be a Deity level player so far, but he is the only other RaR veteran.

And Sioux is decided on,right?

If another player is needed and having experience with deity is not an absolute must, I'm happy to be in.I am considering it as one of the best ways to improve skills ;)

One thing we could do is to start a game now and start a game after DocT3 is finishing up. Or we could have a relaxed pace and a stricter pace game. Or we could do both.

If we don't have a full 8-10 people, then if we made the starts different, ppl could play in both.

Perhaps if those interested in T5 state whether they
1) prefer starting now vs later.
2) pefer a more strict/relaxed place.
3) would want to play 2 games (probably 1 strict and one relaxed)

I can start any time, and could play in both games if we need more players. I have only a few current games at the moment.

Greebley said:
1) prefer starting now vs later.
2) pefer a more strict/relaxed place.
3) would want to play 2 games (probably 1 strict and one relaxed)

1) Any time
2) I can't say really. If I have problems playing, they won't really depend on the rhythm we take, so I guess either is fine with me
3) Only one for me (sigh)

I would prefer to start soon.
Can't say much about the pace. I just prefer when people post having trouble playing in time. I am not that strict about exact 24/48 if someone asks for a delay.
Hmm.. I would say we start one now and see about a second one. Are we really that many players? I count DocT., Karasu, Mad-Bax, Anarres, Greebley, Pfeffersack, grs - that would be 7. We should not start with a team below 5 players - 6 might be good too - though I admit 7 seems a bit much...

I'm the same as Karasu.

I don't mind when I start, but I can only play 1. I think I will be able to play strict or relaxed within the next couple of weeks.

I don't mind waiting Doc. It just that you were talking about people not playing in some post above. I will certainly play with 7 though.

I thought we had more than 7 which I agree isn't enough for two games (I would like 5 people too). So unless more ppl show up we are waiting until after DocT3 finishes? Or are we also going to wait for T4 to start and finish?

I mostly want to know aproximately when, so I don't join too many games and have this one come up too.

Any timeframe for starting DocT4?

I've installed the Mod Pack and will be trying out a sample game or two after I finish COTM 5 tonight. Any ideas on which tribe we might be playing and of world conditions?

Settings:
CIV: Tibet (SCI/REL)
LEVEL: Monarch
MAP: Large, moderate, wet, young. 70% water Continents. Roaming Barbs.

The complete settings are in the first post.

Pfeffersack: Thanks, I should know better than to take a 5 day break from Civ, I have to be trained all over again. :blush:

I downloaded the mod and it's great! Thanks for this mod, i just can't keep my hands off civ, once again :D

I'd be willing to try the DocT4 and play the 50 first turns. Maybe my game will be continued to the end by the group?

Will the save be released soon?

I'm thinking of some more RaR games in the future:

*AWE, small map, Japan

*No Great Wonders allowed; to scout the usefulness of the plethora of Small Wonders; Germany, DG

*"Modern War": I never got to use all that fancy modern weapons; sure, sometimes I built them, but the game was always decided long ago.
Hence the following idea: Civ=America, landform=Continents. As soon as we discover Humanism (?), we must give all cities on our starting landmass to England (or France, if England is gone/would become insanely powerful), abandon our Capital (yes, this one time 'Free Palace Jump' is allowed), and start again on a new landmass. We must immediately declare on that Civ, but are allowed only limited wars otherwise before Tanks.
Domination victory as goal, with Space as fall-back. DG level. Should ensure we mainly will fight with Modern /late Industrial Weaponry.

I'm not asking for sign-ups already (though I want to see how big the interest is), I mainly want to know if something similar was tried already?

Top Bottom