Does anyone play BtS 1000AD?

Lade

Prince
Does anyone play the BtS version of 1000 ad? Cause' I'm kinda obbsessed with it :lol:

I would show people a picture of my latest HRE game, but I don't know how to take screenshots

Or click Printscreen then look under My Games\Beyond the Sword\ScreenShots. No, I haven't played it, but I'm not a huge fan of scenarios, especially huge ones.

Big fan, have played it a lot of times with france and India.But I love playing the one without korea, khmer etc. I mean Civ4 1000 AD not bts 1000 AD
Have won on "noble" level a few times. Just love kicking saladin's ass.

My India strategy:
The oracle is still not built till 1000 AD. I just try to pop printing press/education thru oracle and then pop democracy/rifling with liberalism.
Dont forget great wall, its a sure shot way to get a great spy and then use the massive EPs it gives to steal techs like gunpowder, guilds etc. from china.
After getting oracle, great wall, just storm Indochina with a small army. Take hanoi, pagan, angkor etc. Then be diplomatic till u get rifling. Saladin's camel jockey's suck big time in front of your riflemen. Dont open warfront with China till u conquer Baghdad and have a few oil tiles under your control. Make a vassal of Saladin. Dont leave a weak arabia to be devoured by europeans.
Try taking jerusalem if you can, having wall street there ensures that u have enough money for unit upgrades in the late game. But then jerusalem is too close to your late game rivals, Benares with its two shrines is also not a bad choice for wall street.

Let mongols weaken china before you wage a war for its china's massive coal reserves. If you can afford, send a settler to south africa and a couple to australia. You will need the gold/silver/gems to keep your massive cities happy.

I definatly can't give you any tips as the Spanish :(

It kinda depends on your strategy, try going straight for galleons while constructing nothing but military units, then try to invade the rest of Europe

That works for most European countries

Byzantine is so easy in the BTS version :goodjob:

Does anyone play the BtS version of 1000 ad? Cause' I'm kinda obbsessed with it :lol:

I would show people a picture of my latest HRE game, but I don't know how to take screenshots

Sorry, I like my own version better. (Earth 1000 AD and the Medieval Age isn't too bad either.)

There should be a Pr[int]Sc[reen] key on your board; any shots you take, you can upload from the BtS/Screenshots folder.

I like playing the Colonial variant with the Europeans (not permitted to invade your fellow Euros).

The only thing I dislike about 1000AD is too much love between the Europeans.

Top Bottom