Does Nature's Revolt affect Acheron?

im_robertb

Chieftain
There's one barbarian city left in the world, and it's Acheron's. It also happens to be next to a mana node, which, assuming I completely conquer the Elohim, will be enough to finish up filling my Manadex (gotta tap 'em all!). Acheron, obviously, is a tough beast, especially when you have to send boatloads of units over. Will Nature's Revolt transform him into an animal, and if so, will it just make him more powerful than before, or just more powerful than the average bear?

Archeron is unaffected, but the barbs in the city will become animals, which may make it easier to capture.

Not all barbarians will change into animals with Nature's revolt. Ones that I have seen to be immune are all of the horsemen and the Avatar of Wrath. Many of the units that get converted by the Avatar of Wrath event are similarly immune.

I assume that Orthus is also immune, but can't imagine a game where he is still alive when Nature's revolt happens.

Acheron is not difficult. Most any level 10 hero will kill him. Dead. Usually I use the Baron, but last game I used the low-level elf archer hero, after getting him the magic resistance promotion (+20% vs fire)- level 10 and 68% combat odds. Sure I took a chance, but the Baron was only a turn away himself :)

Then again, that would change if the AI has been feeding Acheron warriors for a while beefing him up with experience...

Here's how it works (read from the python code, v0.21c):

The project affects all of the listed barbarian units in the following way (the ones not listed are unaffected):

Workers turn into 3 wolf units
Scouts turn into 3 lion units
Warriors turn into 3 panther units
Hunters turn into 3 tiger units
Axemen turn into 3 bear units

Every third animal created in this manner gain the commando promotion. They do NOT retain their previous promotions.

After this process is finished, ALL animals in the game, including those owned by players, gain one additional base strength.

I really don't understand where people get their info from. I suspect the lacking documentation creates some myths, but gee... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom