does the Carlyle group lead the US

hawai_74

mac über alles
Just a simple question: does the carlyle group manage the bush administration? Specially in the development of the defense budget.
I'm not an american, perhaps this question is off the point.

I'm sure you want to think they do, so go ahead.

Sure sounds fishy if you ask me:

US Arms Group Heads for Lisbon

Directors of one of the world’s largest armament companies are planning on meeting in Lisbon in three weeks time. The American based Carlyle Group is heavily involved in supplying arms to the Coalition forces fighting in the Iraqi war.

It also holds a majority of shares in the Seven Up company and Federal Data Corporation, supplier of air traffic control surveillance systems to the US Federal Aviation Authority. The 12 billion dollar company has recently signed contracts with United Defense Industries to equip the Turkish and Saudi Arabian armies with aviation Defense systems.

Top of the meeting’s agenda is expected to be the company’s involvement in the rebuilding of Baghdad’s infrastructure after the cessation of current hostilities. Along with several other US companies, the Carlyle Group is expected to be awarded a billion dollar contract by the US Government to help in the redevelopment of airfields and urban areas destroyed by Coalition aerial bombardments.

The Group is managed by a team of former US Government personnel including its president Frank Carlucci, former deputy director of the CIA before becoming Defense Secretary. His deputy is James Baker II, who was Secretary of State under George Bush senior. Several high profile former politicians are employed to represent the company overseas, among them John Major, former British Prime Minister, along with George Bush senior, one time CIA director before becoming US President.

The financial assets of the Saudi Binladen Corporation (SBC) are also managed by the Carlyle Group. The SBC is headed up by members of Osama bin Laden’s family, who played a principle role in helping George W. Bush win petroleum concessions from Bahrain when he was head of the Texan oil company, Harken Energy Corporation - a deal that was to make the Bush family millions of dollars. Salem, Osama bin Laden’s brother, was represented on Harken’s board of directors by his American agent, James R. Bath.

The connection between the Bush and bin Laden families can also be traced to the collapse of the Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI) in the 1990s. Members of the Anglo Pakistani bank’s board of directors included Richard Helms and William Casey, business partners of George Bush senior and former CIA agents. During their time at BCCI both Helms and Casey worked alongside fellow director, Adnan Khasshoggi, who also represented the bin Laden family’s interests in the US.

The Portugal News has been told by a reliable source that the Carlyle Group meeting in Lisbon will discuss the relationship between the Saudi Binladen Corporation (SBC) and Osama bin Laden. Many US officials claim that the SBC continues to finance his political activities, and has done so for many years. If true, this would place George Bush senior and his colleagues at the Carlyle Group in an embarrassing position. As managers of SBC’s financial investments they might well be accused of indirectly aiding and abetting the United States’ number one enemy.
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0404-13.htm

CG, do a little reading up on them and judge for yourself. Doesnt look too kosher. Too many conflicts of interest. I dont think they run the U.S. but they sure seem to be making lots of money because of its foreign policy. Considering who the firms directors are...

I thought it was Lefty.

rmsharpe said:
That's ridiculous. Everyone knows it's the freemasons and the Trilateral Commission that run this country.
Sharpe, just look at the facts. Cant you see that theres major conflict of interest going on?

Dumb pothead said:
CG, do a little reading up on them and judge for yourself. Doesnt look too kosher. Too many conflicts of interest. I dont think they run the U.S. but they sure seem to be making lots of money because of its foreign policy. Considering who the firms directors are...

The defense industry definitely has a say in the government. But I wouldn't say its more than it normal. A US policy of interventionism (not just Bush, but in the entire 20th century) benefits them.

I'd say the defense industry is probably as scary as you can get. What's worse than being the guy who makes the guns?

"It also holds a majority of shares in the Seven Up company"

Does the Seven Up guy control the Bush administration?

rmsharpe said:
That's ridiculous. Everyone knows it's the freemasons and the Trilateral Commission that run this country.

I always thought it was the Illumaniti or the Bilderbergs or the Rothchilds. Sheesh, how many organizations are running this stinking country !!
;)

You understand now why they have always said, irak war wasnt for oil. When you have share in weapon buisness, what do you wish for a rise ? a good war.

So the irak war was a way to suck U.S. public money into the war buisness, making the later very rich. A good marketing campaing about wmd and terrorist and there you go.

Bush and co have serious conflictual interest, way to much to allow them to rule U.S. again.

"Rule the U.S." is too strong a phrase. However the connections between the Bush administration and the Carlyle Group do present some serious conflicts of interest that may very well influence U.S. foreign policy, and I believe they do. I find it hard to believe, though, that the Carlyle Group's sphere of influence extends beyond those policies that affect it's financial success, such as healthcare, welfare, schools, agriculture, etc. except to divert budget money away from those programs to fund defense.

If I recall correctly, the Carlyle group also owns the company that distributed Fahrenheit 9/11, so it would seem that they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Top Bottom