Domestic Ministry - Omega Term

General_W

Councilor & Merlot Noble
Domestic Ministry
- Omega Term -

Welcome to the center of all domestic activities as we head down the home stretch.

As my first act as Domestic Minister, I hereby appoint sweeping powers to President Chamnix to alter, maneuver, manipulate and otherwise manage all domestic affairs as necessary to stay current with the situation as it evolves over the course of playing the save.

I will do my best to offer input, help, and information as much as I can – but the key word for the Domestic Department in this Omega Term is "Flexibility" – and the President has my full support in doing what he needs to bring us to victory in a most expedient manner.

To Glory and Victory! :king:

Final Domestic Minister,
General_W
:salute:

P.S. With my newfound time retired from the Presidency, I'm working on a special surprise... stay tuned . :)

Save File 202
Just the Stats:​

Top Towns Domestic Info:

Soon to be done Production:
EDIT - easier to read version....

I tried to pull info from CivAssist that I thought would be most useful.
Please request any other info you'd like, and I'll do my best to respond promptly

:salute:

I'm just being lazy here, but can someone periodically check the Nut's culture either through a CAII-type program or just by looking at F8? I keep meaning to write down their F8 culture and keep forgetting... I just want to know when (or if) they change to war mobilization.

CAII dosn't show enemy culture - but it will keep us updated on our progress toward domination if we want.

I'll try to get those F8 screens for you as timely as possible.

I'm in the middle of the turn (bombing runs went disappointingly :(), and I'm looking at our finances. I'm still working on a detailed analysis, but I think we are going to be way short of being able to rush anywhere close to all our bomber prebuilds.

What do you think of the idea of cutting our losses on some of them to help others? For example, Foothills of Glory has 29 shields in the bin. Rushing a bomber by 207 will still cost 100s of gold. I could change it to a settler this turn, and next turn disband the settler for 7 shields somewhere else, and start building wealth in Foothills of Glory.

I know it is not the most efficient thing overall, but when we started all these builds, we didn't expect to have to upgrade all our artillery and some infantry.

Anyone hate this idea, or have any better ideas?

EDIT - Bleh, if we build settlers, then we lose scientists, and we could end up with less money, and the extra shields may not make up for it... :sigh:

at least we're making big money now! :thumbsup:

Now that General_W is away for the weekend :mischief:...

I'm thinking of disbanding most of our worker force next turn or the turn after. We will certainly keep all slaves, and whatever natives we don't have to pay for, but we could disband 100+ natives to gain cash (and help bomber builds a little). There is not that much more chopping to do, and realistically, even after chopping, it will be tough to find cash to rush bombers in all these places right away, so it seems like slowing down the chopping would not hurt us much.

Also, I think we should consider selling all our libraries and universities. We are running 10% research right now and still completing projects in 4 turns. Selling these buildings is probably a bad idea if we want to research any Modern Age techs, but do we? I'm thinking that once we finish Amphibious War, we turn off research, convert all scientists to taxmen, and go all-out to end the game soon. If we are following that approach, then these buildings are just a drag on our economy. I guess there is a chance we would want tanks also if our quick strike fails, but Motorized Transportation is a pretty cheap tech and scientists should be sufficient.

Opinions?

I agree with Classical_Hero.

How much are the libraries and universities costing us per turn?

Would it not be prudent to keep a handful of libraries and universities in our top commerce towns (Athens, in particular)?

But if we can still research MT in 4 using scientists (sans the libraries and universities), then there is no reason to keep them around.

Libraries cost 1 gpt, universities cost 2 gpt. From General_W's CAII shot above, I count at least 21 libraries and 12 unis. Selling them all would be worth 510 gold + 45 gpt.

We definitely can research MT in 4 turns even without our science multipliers, however the science slider would have to be increased, so it wouldn't be worthwhile to sell. I would estimate that if we want to do 4-turn research on MT, the libraries/universities in total are probably worth around 75 gpt (I don't have any hard figures to back that up - it's just a gut feeling).

If we are going to go directly to MT immediately after Amphibious War, then we should keep our science buildings for now. I'm inclined to shut down research immediately after AW, then, if we have to, we turn it back on later. If our research is staying off for at least 4 turns (based on my made-up numbers above) before being turned back on, we gain gold by selling.

I guess the question is, are we continuing research, or are we shutting down after AW? If we are continuing, then we definitely should keep our buildings. If we are shutting down, then I can do more detailed calcs to figure out for how long we need to be shut down before it becomes better to sell.

Conversely, if the NUTs have Espionage (as they certainly will, if they don't already), we may not want to research something that will be used against us. In that case, I'm not sure we'd want to continue on to tanks.

Checked the save - we can reduce research to 0% this turn and still complete Amphibious War in 2. If we are going to sell science buildings, then this is the turn to do it - I'll wait to play this time until we have discussed more.

I've reread Chamnix' post above (#12) and I'm inclined to sell.

DNUTs have Flight (or will in a moment). They are going to try to defend their towns and bomb ours. However, we have a huge jump-start on them it terms of bomber-turns. If we shut off research after AW, we can cash-rush more bombers than they can. If DNUTs use gold to conduct espionage on us, that will simply mean less gold they have to rush fighters and bombers.

Either way, we still come out ahead. Let's torch the ivory towers, march in columns through the capital, have some public executions, and wave the flag mindlessly!!!

:lol: For anyone still on the fence... even at 0% science, I think we could research Motorized Transportation (if we wanted it) in 5 turns - 6 at most. Our books will not be that useful unless we want to research an expensive tech again, and I hope we can avoid doing that.

From checking the actual save, I think we have 22 libraries and 12 universities, so selling would bring in 520 gold plus 46 gpt.

Sounds good to me ... however maybe leave Athens untouched, just in case ... my thoughts there are the bonuses received from the wonder.

The science wonders will work regardless of whether there is a university/library in Athens. Athens may be worth keeping regardless because its enormous income means the buildings are worthwhile even if the slider is at a low percentage. Of course, even in Athens, the buildings are useless if science is at 0%...

Top Bottom