Domesticated Megafauna mini alt history development thread

Afaik couses those races a lot of stress to the animals and I think its even so much stress that they die after the races. So they would be quite useless in battles (except for BBQ after you won ;))

Not fan...
I would prefer some shark rider as naval/mounted units :D
Or Giant eagle rider
Or Hippopotamus rider
Or a Charmed snake animal units (starting with poison, can be fun with Combat Mod : a weak units with strong chance of poisoning ennemies)

If one were to treat "Domesticated Megafauna" tech as representative of alternate history domestication gone wild would there be room in there for a wonder to the theme of breeding sentient parrots (African Grey)? Probably would require aviculture too. I think it's certainly possible to do once a society realizes that by throwing animals with traits that they like together they get more animals with that trait. I'd assume that the society encountered some talking birds in the jungle and thought, wouldn't it be neat if they talked more gooder. There could be some synergy way, way down the line with whatever goes into the animal uplift tech. Other road not taken stuff could include a fox breeder in the vein of a dog breeder a la the Russian Domesticated Silver Fox but more natural.

About Megafauna, I see 2 major problems
  • Mammouth are far too powerful... And the wonder is far better than any other Megafaune wonder
  • Girafe trainer and deer trainer are not powerful enough : units recquiere Mounted archery and are obsolete really fast...
Another problem is Girafe and Rhinoceros trainers can nearly be built only in Capitale, because having a rhino/girafe camp is nearly impossible. Maybe add a special build buildable by Subdued Rhino/Girafe

And an idea for a new Megafauna
THIS :
Spoiler :

And an idea for a new Megafauna
THIS :
Spoiler :

Now isn't that really stretching the "fantasy" prospect a little too far?? I dont agree with some of the Alt Timelines, but as anyone i can use the options and turn them off by default. . . BUT then again, in the most recent History Channel, it said that the US Navy sonar proved it had a "mermaid" type unit discovered, but not a female, so it would be a :hmm: "sea creature?"

Sadly, they admitted that Merman special was a hoax :(

Well DUH!! But they are saying also, thats what is causing all the FISH all over the world that are "presently" washing up on the beaches, from trying to capture a "sea creature." They have a sonar device that sends out radar impulses that create a mixture like in a music speaker. So take it what its worth i guess, I smell a "Conspiracy Theory.":huh:

Well, they were trying to make a point in presenting what they feel is a fairly well thought out hypothesis regarding the possible source of the blip sound that was very real and unidentified.

Well, they were trying to make a point in presenting what they feel is a fairly well thought out hypothesis regarding the possible source of the blip sound that was very real and unidentified.

Naw it was more like the dragon special they had where you have realistic fantasy where you basically use real science and rules to make up fictional evolution. Its just like the Future evolution stuff. In fact back in high school I made up an evolution of the "Grays" thing.

Pic1
Pic2

Here is my made up theory. Note it is for fun and I do not actually think this.

Grays

The Grays are real, but not from another planet. They are indeed from Earth and are multiverse travelers. They happen to live in a timeline where dinosaurs never died out. But they enjoy visiting our alternate timeline in which humans live and abducted them in their multiversal ships. Their testing base happened to be in the location on their Earth where Roswell, NM is on our Earth. Thus the 1947 crash was indeed their 1st attempt at multiverse travel that went extremely wrong. Earth's governments are helpless to these invaders since their technology far exceeds our own. We are merely lab rats in the eyes of the Grays.

Their culture is is very strange in comparison to humans. They not only do not care to wear clothing but are completely carnivorous. However they are not savage. They will raise small mammals for meat and egg laying dinosaurs for eggs. They are very inquisitive and love to figure out things. Their large skulls support a brain larger than humans. Their huge eyes can see in the dark very well. This is important since they are nocturnal. This is one reason why abduction happen mostly at night.

They have feathers like birds and are warm blooded. They lay eggs and put them in incubators. Females run things in society since they are bigger and more aggressive. The males are more colorful with bright blue feathers. They even do odd mating rituals like birds would with chirps and puffing out their chests.

Since their eyes are different from humans they use a neutralizer to wipe the minds of their subjects. They tend to look down at mammals and think they are inferior since they tend to eat their relatives for lunch. They also enjoy abducting livestock for an exotic snack.

As you can see they evolved from the raptor dinosaurs, specifically the Troodon. They lost most of their tail and snout but still have some claws even thought they are not used too much. They still have sharp teeth and have a huge brain. Their bones are quite brittle since they were once agile hunters. They still have the agility but must make sure they do not get hurt and break a bone.

When they make sounds they can make hypersonic sounds that humans cannot hear. This makes it seem like they are communicating via telepathy but really they are not. In short they are not little green men in the UFOs it is little gray dinosaurs!

Personally, I figure they're US from a future where they've had a long time to evolve as space travelers spending most of their time in lesser gravity situations and are thus time travelers who come back on occasion to study their own development phases.

As for the 'bloop' (not blip... oops), the author of that show himself made the statement he was attempting to present one possible answer to that mystery, albeit one with vastly embellished made-up evidence.

Now isn't that really stretching the "fantasy" prospect a little too far?? I dont agree with some of the Alt Timelines, but as anyone i can use the options and turn them off by default. . .

If you want more "realistic" thing, war pig was used against Hannibal (it was ery effective against elephant), USA had a projet about bat and pigeon as "suicide bomb"...
But shark/dolphins as military units is not totally a "fantasy", US army used some dolphins and sea lions as "scout". You can really tame these animals, more than a zebra

You know, I have one simple request, and that is to have sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads.

You know, I have one simple request, and that is to have sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads.

I tell you what, YOU make the graphics and we"ll see about putting them in, hows that?

A "famous" saying from MoOIII and beyond (Wayne's World SNL). :lol:

JosEPh

Top Bottom