1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DominatrNES: Infinite Struggle

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by dominatr, Jul 6, 2012.

1. dominatr

dominatr Smoke Jaguar

To: Amu Daria

Our warriors are experienced from fighting barbarians who live deep in the jungle. Raiding a small village would be trivial for them. Being that we seem to not be getting attacked for a few years now, we could afford to send several ships of warriors upriver to Amu Daria where they can join your forces. If we can finish them off, we wish for about half of their treasury, you can keep the land.

2. Patchy

Patchy Emperor

To:Imimbi

We will be glad to have your warriors accompany us, we will provide the ships nessisary to cross the Konja sea.

3. Patriotic_Fool

Patriotic_Fool The Mitt ©

To: Concha

The Lycians wish to host a massive feast to celebrate our two nation's countless victories! We will import the finest wines, and there will be much celebrating and joy!

We will also host the largest sports gathering ever seen! There will be combat of all sorts, contests to test the strength and endurance of men, and generous prizes available.

To: Izul

You are invited to a celebration of sorts. Enter your bravest and fiercest warriors to compete in our competition. If you are victorious, we will spare your weak nation and allow it to retain its few small holdings on our coast. If you fail, then the Lycians will make it a sport to go hunt the remaining Izul strongholds.

To: All Others

We invite you to a demonstration of combat, endurance, and skill! Lycia will be hosting a multi-cultural games festival. All those who attend and survive the combat spectacles, or the endurance tests, will be rewarded greatly!

4. topsecret

topsecret Believer

To: Ara Kulai

We wish to congratulate you and thank you for your loyalty. Would you like a gift of 5 gold?

5. dominatr

dominatr Smoke Jaguar

To: Lycia

Yes, a celebration must be held at once! The victory will be marked in history!

To: Lycia

The fact that our fate hinges on a contest of trivial matter is an absurdity. Not only do you stab our backs, but you also make a joke out of us. We shall fight until the bitter end!

To: Ok-Sai

Sure, we accept the gift. Any time you need assistance, we have your back.

6. topsecret

topsecret Believer

OOC: Do I have to add that 5 gold to my orders, or can you do that for me?

7. dominatr

dominatr Smoke Jaguar

I can do that for you now, but perhaps in the future, could you do NPC diplomacy through PM? It just helps keep thing organized when it's all in my inbox. It helps when they are attached to orders too, because it kills two birds with one stone for me. :)

8. Patriotic_Fool

Note: anyone else is allowed to join the games, I'll narrate them soon.

9. topsecret

topsecret Believer

Ok, gotcha.
    My empire is too far away; we haven't even discovered you exist...

10. Patriotic_Fool

Anyone close*

11. Patchy

Patchy Emperor

Amu Daria will join in the games.

12. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

Orders will be in sometime by Saturday morning EST.

13. dominatr

dominatr Smoke Jaguar

Orders missing from 7/11 of you, they are due tomorrow!

Khay Lat (Krzowwh)
    Alexaendros (Samsniped) *already let me know
    Paschim Ghati (Bonefang)
    Cilicia (Caprine Synesth)
    Amu Daria (Patchy)
    Dervon (Jehoshua)
    Grecosaliourax (christos200)

14. Patchy

Patchy Emperor

Sending them now.

15. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: apologies for the lateness of the orders, and the lack of activity on here, final essays and exams for the uni semester tend to take up a lot of time :p

-

IC:

THE COUNCIL OF WODENDALE

---

Harald had called the nobles of Dervon to ground hallowed to the One Eyed God within the Gate mountains to discuss the future of Dervon. Colourful tents were perched like garish sails on craggy rocks, and there was much debate and discussion amongst the men gathered in that place. In the centre, at the Kings tent however was where the real action was taking place.

"We must expand! The One eyed God demands it!"

The representative of the college of priests was an outspoken advocate for expansion in the name of his Lord. The King responded

"And expand we will, I have already established an outline for claiming our rightful place in this world of weaklings and petty fools"

The Lords pondered for a moment, and inquired as to what the King meant by this.

"We shall not, as our priest would indicate, expand necessarily by the sword, we shall request, one by one to each of the petty tribes around us that they bend the knee to Dervon and its King, offering their leaders continuity in their roles and the economic benefits of being part of our Kingdom. Should they fail to accept our generosity than that tribe is to be destroyed utterly, their men slain, their women and children taken as slaves and as offerings for the One Eyed God. Then we shall go to the next village and give them the same generous offer, and so on and so forth. Regardless the benefits of peacefully bending the knee to Harrowgate should become self-evident once enough fools and madmen amongst the petty tribes make the poor decision to defy our destiny. This should also allow much greater rates of expansion than otherwise would be possible."

The Lords however were still apprehensive, afterall what about that Kingdom to the south, Solen by name. It was not some petty tribe and they were like the Dervoni, in their own ways. The King smiled.

"Indeed the Solveni are not some petty tribe. They have a King who's equal to me, and who too kneels in reverence before our God. Let a messenger be sent to them saying that we have no ill-will or hostile intent towards them, and that we hope for peace for a thousand years between us, as two brothers in the gaze of the One Eyed God. Civilised nations should not fight each other, when the southern barbarians persist in their effeminacy and barbaric vulgarity."

After this the talks moved on to law, and other issues, before proceeding into a sacrifice to the One Eyed God, who's altar, as is customary, ran red with blood to the jovial laughter of the court of Harrowgate and the great and terrible King Harald.

16. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

Orders in. Death to the Ectans!

17. Patriotic_Fool

Lycian Celebration

Crowds gathered to witness the massive spectacle. A small valley was stripped of all trees, and streams were diverted. Massive earth and rock steps were raised into the mountain sides, creating a simple yet effective arena for the fights.

Izul's warriors were the first to fight hardened Lycian warriors. The Izulians did not have much of a chance, and the crowd new it. Rocks and debris were tossed at the warriors, and taunts and insults were shouted at them. They walked proudly and bravely, knowing that if they failed, their nation would be eradicated.

The two warrior groups clashed. Each had 5 men. Swords clanged against metal shields, and an Izulian warrior was pushed onto the ground. He was caught off guard, and a sword pierced his chest. Intend on avenging their comrades, the Izulian warriors charged at a lone Lycian fighter. He was prepared, and scrambled away in time for his comrades to save him. With a quick swipe, another Izulian warrior fell.

Things were not going well.

Another warrior fell, and the Izulians had only two warriors left. A Lycian soldier, thrilled at the prospect of finishing the last two, charged ahead. His two opponents sidestepped his attacks and thrust their swords into him.

The Izulian warriors recovered from their first victory, but not fast enough. A Lycian bashed his shield onto the face of one of them, and he fell to the ground, disoriented.

He was finished, and there only remained one. Could he pull a miraculous victory?

No. He was surrounded and brutally massacred.

Next up were warriors from Amu Daria. They were not as experienced in battle, but they fought fiercely.

A trio of combatants from Amu Daria faced off against three new Lycians.

The combat began swifty. The Amu Darians were agile and quick, and they rushed into battle. In the blink of an eye, the first Lycian warrior was cut down. The Lycians did not expect such a fight, and they quickly regrouped.

Both sides circled around each other, taking swings and missing. The Lycians rushed in and impaled an Amu Darian warrior.

Victory did not last. The two Darians avenged their brother and killed a Lycian as the two were backing away from the corpse. It was one Lycian against two Amu Darians. Who would succeed?

The Darians rush against the lone Lycian. He shoves one off and bashes the other with the pommel of his sword. An uppercut grisly executes the poor Darian.

One of each side remained. They clashed, and they blocked each strike. When it seemed that neither side could kill the other, the Lycian surprised the Darian with a kick in the knee.

The Lycian sliced the Darian's left hand off. He screamed in pain, but as the Lycian went in for the kill..

The Amu Darian warrior thrust his sword into the Lycian, just as the Lycian thrust his sword into his opponent.

Both warriors died, and there was no clear victor. The bravery of the Darian warriors would be spoken of throughout the festival.

Finally, Concha sent one of their champions to battle a Lycian champion. Both nations were militaristic and powerful, and the clash would be spectacular.

Both warriors were clad in fine fur and bronze armor. The Lycian champion sported a weapon made of a dark black rock, forged from the entrance to Hell. The Conchan champion had a strange, curved blade. Rumor has it that it was a gift from a great King in the west. The men marched triumphantly onto the battleground, and the crowd cheered.

The first blows were exchanged. The Conchan got a lucky hit off, and his sword swung at the Lycian's face. It was barely dodged, and a trickle of blood dripped from the Lycian's cheek.

He grunted and charged at the Conchan. His lunge was repelled, and a shield bash sent him flying to the ground. The Lycian used his shield to block stabs, and rolled across the ground.

He jumped up, but a kick to the legs sent him back down again.

A sword slash cut into his shield arm and he flinched. A killing blow was made.

And dodged. The Lycian whipped around and with a quick jab, he slightly pierced some of the Conchan warrior's armor. The Conchan turned around to face the Lycian.

They began circling each other. Both were bruised, and both were bleeding, but neither was ready to give up yet. The Conchan charged at his target.

A sword hack slashed into the Lycian's chest. His armor was not enough, and with some difficulty he ripped off the ruined armor. The Lycian was getting weaker, and multiple small blows drained him even more.

Finally, the Lycian collapsed on the ground and was finished by the Conchan warrior.

The crowd screamed in delight.

The festivities continued. Feasts and the massive celebrations lasted for two weeks, with many stories exchanged of both the arena battles, and the ventures of different nations.

Spoiler :
    I used a number generator to do the fights, so they weren't all me.

18. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

The Holy Book

Chapter 4

How to Pray to the Gods

O Great God Zeustoclap
    I help my brother.
    I help my sister.
    I pray to the Gods.
    I help the poor.
    I help the blind.
    I help those who
    sin to come to
    the path of God.
    I help the old people.
    I help the young children.
    I help those who ask for
    my help.

I do not help those who
    sin and want to sin
    even more. I do
    not kill. I do not
    steal. I do not
    cheat my husbant
    or wive. I do not
    insult the Gods.

And now I ask for
    you help. Help me
    become a better man
    or woman. Help me
    become smarter and
    more wise. Do not help
    me become rich. Because
    Wisdom matters, not
    who is rich. Do not
    help me become
    more pretty. Because
    Wisdom matters,
    not beuty. Help
    me to be able
    to help the other
    people.

I have only one
    wish. I call you
    to help the
    other people
    first and then me.

19. dominatr

dominatr Smoke Jaguar

Chapter Thirteen: Fall of Ecta (391-420 WhC)

Two smaller Dalisam empires Zeah and Salama, brought conflict to the region with their invasion of Nunag Hagash. It was quick and brutal, and Nunag Hagash surrendered many of their technological secrets in exchange for peace. Gilguron was frozen, unable to support either side because of leadership instability and stagnant trade. Their neighbor, Keshbar found great success through trade and eventually raised an army to attack Negat, which they conquered nearly half of before showing mercy. With their new territory, they were able to bypass Negati and Crodilan middlemen merchants, and profits soared in Keshbar for their pottery, wheat, and rye. In order to join in on the trade, Sarjeth and Barbathar each made small attacks at Crodilan coastline to secure trading points. Southern Dalisam became a bit more interesting with the uniting of Eku and Dumurat into a single province, Nehradak.

Sinopa, so caught up with defending their southern border with Lushyaz, entirely forgot about their border with Imrad, which was exploited with an attack. Before startled Sinopan forces could reach the villages in the southern foothills, disaster left and right. Villages were up in flames, and smoke choked the sky and made the night last for days. Terrified, Sinopans fled to the north, which was able to defend from other Imradi attacks until peace was made when Imrad needed their troops to enforce domestic policies of destroying religious gatherings.

Paschim Ghati, still shocked from the conflict which caught them off guard, reinforced their military be expanding it and employing mining and woodcutting plans to maximize resources. To their north, their enemy, Buk, was being torn to shreds by Utugia who was struggling so much with economic problems that an invasion was necessary to keep their people from starving. Part of Buk was coverted to Tsang Chiep by a successful celebration, which added the land to Khay Lat. Eastern Utugia, feeling neglected and mistreated, broke off, forming the empires of Kol and Tobez.

Khay Lat held a great religious gathering, inviting many nations from all around, and to their great surprise, representatives from Zoa turned up. They didn't come to celebrate, however. Furious over the installment of a sacred statue in the Zoan province located east of Salong, several radical supporters of Metozoanism took it as a direct insult to their religious belief. The celebration was crashed, and a prominent member of the Tsang Chiep missionary organization was brutally beaten, and had his eyes gouged. Zoa asserted that the incident was not under their control, nor did they encourage it, but Khaylatian farmers and Zoan farmers were already at it, sabotaging crops and setting fields on fire. With all of the chaos, southern Khay Lat came under attack from Ibak, a small, militaristic province which was situated on the southern isthmus. With the help of Magan Koti informants, Ibak was able to ambush and corner Khaylatian warriors and capture several villages.

Drezha, a small empire similar to Tanga religiously, was created, and they quickly began to grow in northern Rasire. Ok-Sai Lao warriors triumphed over Fipanese warriors in a dramatic clash which at first was a stalemate, until Ara Kulai sent boats full of warriors who helped Ok-Sai claim the victory. Fipan was destroyed, their lands coming under Ok-Saian and Ara Kulite rule. Baru executed an attack of their own, invading the mainland of Rasire, severely battering Orchon and taking over their southern lands.

Empreca was the site of a great war between Set and several of its neighbors, the prime aggressors being Mephata and Glypthus. While the Seti military was busy trying to retake Cophys, Mephata quickly invaded through the mountains. Glypthus, competing against Mephata, captured one of Mephata's distant islands, and then followed up by attacking the remainder of Set. Immediately afterwards, the new land border between Mephata and Glypthus became the site for constant border conflict. Western Thorys, decinding that Thorys was far too weak to bring glory to their people, separated, as the empire of Umrud. The eastern part of Alexaendrosi holdings in Enpreca underwent a similar process, becoming Ranem.

Along the Bambari river, the new state of Tropaka was founded as a jungle kingdom with ambitions to one day rule the whole river. Amu Daria and Imimbi allied together to attack Emorna across the sea, who had absolutely no response, and quickly became under Amu Darian rule. Three small merchant states, Igirul, Mertas, and Tharanes, rose as the pottery trade brought merchants together to form small ports for boats coming in with pottery goods and western crops.

Western Haredicumia saw the greatest conflict in known history, with Alexaendros continuing their seemingly endless war against Ecta, with Garussa as one of their allies. They key difference was that Phoces joined on Alexaendros's side, and things quickly turned around. The land once belonging to Ithociny was quickly captured by Alexaendros warriors after they first reclaimed the farmlands by the coast. Central Ecta, while involved in bloody conflict with Garussa invading from the north, was crushed from behind by Phocesian and Alexaendrosi marauders attacking from the sea. Eastern Ecta was finished off by Alexaendrosi warriors encamped by the coast, and Terantian warriors searching for new farmland after their empire suffered losses to Levantaean aggression. Ecta, one of the oldest and most prominent empires, was at last, shattered. Their capital city Cubon, was sacked by Alexaendrosi warriors and reconstructed to suit the needs of their empire. Alexaendros rewarded Garussa with a sum of gold, and Phoces with a tract of land north of Sinopa.

That was not the only conflict in the region, however. Ebonarch and Nactrabia, two strong empires north of Alexaendros, were in a war of their own. To increase their stone production, Ebonarch attacked Nactrabian mountain settlements, and then set up mines for the production of large quantities of stone to sell to Yuhrug and Utugia for great profit. The war ended when Ebonarch and Nactrabia each suffered so many casualties, that further conflict would only cause them problems. An exile state north of Ebonarch, named Yurtu, came into being.

After years of bloodshed and death, the war on the eastern peninsula colcluded with the decimation of Izul and Oranella. Lycia absolutely tore their villages to pieces and captured every last warrior and brutally executed them. Lycia celebrated their victory by holding an event with competitions and festivities, which the region enjoyed so much, they nearly forgot about the atrocities committed by Lycian warriors against Izul and Oranella. The rapidly growing Lycian population would remember the celebration and fun, not the death and despair which created the cause for celebration. To the north, Dervon emerged as a promising empire, forging a bond between Solen, and dictating trade with their new neighbors, Tourv, Rhena, and Nasat.

Extal and Tamegra were both relatively peaceful. Besides dramatic population increases in some empires and the founding of two new ones, Mohol and Mikal, there wasn't a great deal of action in the region. Gumo became the first one in the area to begin to mine stone from the numerous quarries springing up in the jungle.

The period marked the first fall of a great empire. Before, only smaller empires were conquered by larger ones, but a long standing and prominent empire saw its demise for the first time. Yet again, the balance of power was shifting, from the Gulgat to the Bambari, and the Phianto to the Trymos.

Map:
    Spoiler :

20. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

Perfect.
    To Garussa
    From Alexaendros

Thank you very much for aiding us in the conquest of the Ectans. We offer you a chance to join the great Alexaendros Empire willingly for protection.